Hello Guest

Author Topic: Project/Beater "boozer"  (Read 5596 times)

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Project/Beater "boozer"
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2019, 09:31:02 PM »
That last part was what I was looking for.  I'm thinking about getting some for my stock 20's....275/65/20 for the upcoming Idaho trip. I'm going to be cruising pretty heavy so figured I'd ditch the 35s for a spell.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2019, 10:02:30 PM »
Honestly Ken zero complaints. Wearing well, work excellent, developing a slight hum around town...but to be fair I keep bending the drag link and that might be the "hum" issue. Only thing, like any MT tire.... front end alignment is everything when it comes to wear.

I can attest, on both the F250 and the power wagon they wear well.... a Chevy...guess you'd have see.

One other thing.... for a 35/12.5 they tow well....maybe the best tires of that size I have towed with. Very little squirm even when pushing the F250's capacity spring wise.

What do you have on them for miles?

OldKooT

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2019, 07:20:30 AM »
The tires have roughly 12k miles on them at this point. My sons Power Wagon has close to 25k on his. His are wore more, but not much. Maybe next time I see his truck I will measure tread depth and compare if I think about it.

I drive a lot of gravel....which tears up tires, they chunk extensively in many cases. Around here the general MT has a following because they don't chunk on gravel, wear fairly well, and they work well on muddy roads, yet can still handle Neb 85mph average freeway speeds lol 

I have found them to also be very well mannered in snow/ice. MUCH better than I expected.

I wish they made them in a 40" variety....then they would be perfect.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal