Hello Guest

Author Topic: S&W M&P 9MM Shield plus  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
S&W M&P 9MM Shield plus
« on: September 20, 2021, 09:45:01 PM »
I added to the collection this morning.

S&W M&P9 shield plus w/ night sights.  2 x 13rd magazines & 1 x 10rd.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: S&W M&P 9MM Shield plus
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 06:23:52 AM »
I leave my magazine loaded all the time. Someone told me shouldn't do that because it weakens the spring. I said BS. What do you say?
Out here in the farm it's not very often I am running in the house to get the gun but it has happened.  Empty mag is no bueno.

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 08:19:40 AM »
Nice!  This is what I carry. I highly suggest a TLR6 light/laser combo. The fit and finish is great. I got mine from Tacticalgear.com for $100.

https://tacticalgear.com/streamlight-69293-tlr-6-rail-mount-black

Also WeThePeople holsters makes a kydex for the combo.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 10:16:23 AM »
Nice!  This is what I carry. I highly suggest a TLR6 light/laser combo. The fit and finish is great. I got mine from Tacticalgear.com for $100.

https://tacticalgear.com/streamlight-69293-tlr-6-rail-mount-black

Also WeThePeople holsters makes a kydex for the combo.

awesome, thank you.  i will check them out.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 11:04:55 AM »
I leave my magazine loaded all the time. Someone told me shouldn't do that because it weakens the spring. I said BS. What do you say?  Out here in the farm it's not very often I am running in the house to get the gun but it has happened.  Empty mag is no bueno.

can leaving them loaded weaken the spring by constant compression.....yes, if left in there for "over" a year and the spring was something other than metal.  i have had magazines that had been loaded for roughly 2 years and never gave me a problem.  at least every 6 months (give or take a few) i will take a few magazines at a time and empty them out, inspect them and the ammo, test the spring and reload with the same ammo if no issues were noticed.  now in saying that....... I have several 10 and 20 round magazines that were manufactured in the 60's (shined up for funeral detail) that stay unloaded because they have weaker springs than the ones I was issued in the 90's as well as originally being designed to be a disposable magazine. 

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 09:27:54 PM »
I’m not a metallurgist but what I had read is that its not the constant compression that weakens them its the repeated compression and release. A constantly used mag that is compressed and released is more likely to fail than one that is loaded and left for years.

I have a dozen or so AR mags that have been loaded for 4 years sitting in my chest rig near my bug out bag. I may have to run a few to confirm….
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 09:55:08 AM »
I'm not going to mention how long some of my mags have been loaded, it might date me. Dirt seems to be the biggest issue.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 11:59:25 AM »
I'm not going to mention how long some of my mags have been loaded, it might date me. Dirt seems to be the biggest issue.

Ken, pretty sure you pre date the hammer…..

I’ve had some loaded for years and ran them. No issue with the mag springs, I don’t shoot hammers either and from my perspective their finicky on 1911’s
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 02:42:46 PM »

Ken, pretty sure you pre date the hammer…..

I’ve had some loaded for years and ran them. No issue with the mag springs, I don’t shoot hammers either and from my perspective their finicky on 1911’s
Yes, they can be finicky. If I have an issue, the mag gets tossed immediately, or beaten with the "hammer" profusely before tossing.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal