Hello Guest

Author Topic: Tower Air  (Read 479 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Tower Air
« on: August 29, 2019, 08:52:55 PM »
 In 1991, at the end of Desert Storm, a 19-year-old U.S. Army Cavalry Scout Private who had just spent eight months at war sat out on a street at Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia.

He sat there on his duffel bag along with his Battalion around him for four days waiting for the buses to come and take him to the King Fahad Airport so he could go home.

Unfortunately, the politicians of the day never planned for how to bring so many soldiers home after the war ended, so there was a shortage of planes.  Politicians are great at talking, but terrible at doing.

Finally, the buses came, and took the young man along with his fellow soldiers to the airport.  The planes waiting were from Tower Air.  The owner of Tower Air had volunteered his planes and staff to bring soldiers home for the cost of fuel only.

Happily, the young veteran got home just in time for Easter weekend in 1991, and spent that time emotionally healing with

friends and family surrounding him.

That Private was me, Ron Knouse.

The owner of Tower Air was - Donald J. Trump
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Tower Air
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 03:34:34 AM »
This right here is enough to keep me voting for him. I've seen this a few times.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 05:10:04 AM »
and whats even better is that HE never brings it up.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 01:54:57 PM »
and whats even better is that HE never brings it up.
He is an honorable man

and an honorable may wouldn't

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 01:59:14 PM »
There were others who did similar things

Mr. Smith who owns Evergreen Aviation which on one side operates a fleet of cargo 747's and on another a worldwide fleet of various helicopters volunteered his 747's to bring back the troops and even haul cargo over. I worked for him, met him, talked to him. I saw him personally volunteer to babysit the children of one of his employees so they could get something done. Folks working there lived in some of his houses rent free. He maintained a home for homeless vets right on his ranch. Word around the company was that the company almost went bankrupt over the desert shield/desert storm free support, but I never heard him say one word of complaint about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal