Hello Guest

Author Topic: Koran Primer  (Read 577 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Koran Primer
« on: December 20, 2017, 06:20:11 PM »
We of the Christian belief should make some attempt to learn and understand this growing Islamic culture.

A veteran of several wars and many combat tours of duty, I really wish it were otherwise, but the truth is striking in its blatent hatred for us

Today's lesson:

Koran 3:28, 4:89, 4:144, 5:54, 6:40, 9:23 all have the same message; 58:22 simply states that true Muslims do not befriend non-Muslims—"even if they be their fathers, sons, brothers, or kin." But Koran verses further call on Muslims to have enmity—hate—for non-Muslims: "We [Muslims] renounce you [non-Muslims]. Enmity and hate shall forever reign between us—till you believe in Allah alone"
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Koran Primer
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:36:45 PM »
After my conversion I wanted to learn the major tenets of the major religions.  A couple of books worth checking out:  Islam for Dummies (really it exists and is a good primer) and Kingdom of the Cults by Martin. That book covers the more western religion sects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 09:03:56 PM »
This is a pretty good one as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 11:00:25 PM »
Next Lesson:

(Koran 60:4). As the Islamic State explained in an unambiguously titled article, "Why We Hate You & Why We Fight You," "We hate you, first and foremost, because you are disbelievers."
The flipside of al-wala' w'al bara is that Muslims are commanded to befriend and aid fellow Muslims—including jihadis, for example through funds (or zakat). As one Muslim authority summarizes, the believer "is obligated to befriend a believer—even if he is oppressive and violent toward you—while he must be hostile to the infidel—even if he is liberal and kind to you" (The Al Qaeda Reader, p. 64 ). This loyalty to fellow Muslims and enmity for non-Muslims is fundamentally responsible for the metaphysical or "spiritual" clash between Islam and the West. Add to enmity the fact that Muslims are permitted to lie to non-Muslims—including by feigning loyalty or friendship—and it becomes apparent how dangerous the doctrine of "loyalty and enmity" is: among other things, disloyalty to infidels (see here, here, and here for examples), and a "mafia mentality," whereby all Muslims must overtly or covertly work together, suggests that hostility for non-Muslims, even when unseen, is ever present.

Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 06:33:56 AM »
This is a pretty good one as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes!  Thats the one I was thinking about.  Must have been a dummy.  DOH, Excellent book.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal