Hello Guest

Author Topic: **UPDATED** Mrs. Stewie wants me in a larger vehicle  (Read 5508 times)

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: **UPDATED** Mrs. Stewie wants me in a larger vehicle
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2018, 11:35:00 AM »
I've read that discussion before and it made my head spin.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

watched a handful of youtube videos and it makes sense and is an easy fix. im going to have them ensure this is taken care of.

i also want to get the oil system flushes and will be using synthetic going forward. I always change oil at regular intervals and see that dirty oil makes this issue occur.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2018, 02:23:32 PM »
Which part makes sense? The screen under the sensor, the pressure regulator on the oil pump, pressure valve for the DOD system, oil filter issues, or the o-ring i mentioned? lol 
Out of a hundred or so we've done (2-6 a month), including an 05 suburban today, only a few had a dirty screen under the sensor.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2018, 02:40:01 PM »
Ken, I'm switching pans on my 5.3 swap (CTS pan) that has a new pickup. Is the oil pump up front on the LS motor alone with the relief?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2018, 10:49:18 PM »
The pump has the relief built in and on the DOD motor, a separate regulator (60psi) screws into the oil pan, on the inside by the filter. (it can be plugged off)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2018, 07:28:39 AM »
Which part makes sense? The screen under the sensor, the pressure regulator on the oil pump, pressure valve for the DOD system, oil filter issues, or the o-ring i mentioned? lol 
Out of a hundred or so we've done (2-6 a month), including an 05 suburban today, only a few had a dirty screen under the sensor.

all of it. so, i did a little research and txt the sales guy a novel. he followed up with a "panic" phone call that people are calling about the truck 3 hours later. I told him i'm game for the truck if they fix the O-ring and the filter and the sensor. Told him to google it. So... go forth and do as i command.

fast forwards to 4pm friday.

The dealer is eating the cost for all mentioned above. He claims he showed the mechanic my txt and they confirmed with a GM dealer down the road that i was 100% right. Per my request, 2 hoses, sensor, filter and o-ring are being replaced on the truck.

Sold.

I take delivery either this evening or monday.

First order of business is getting it to my guys for some general maintenance.

Tires has about 15-20k left on them. Rancho shocks seem to be 1-2 years old. Checked all fluids and they look good.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2018, 08:16:17 AM »
I’d either be there when the drop the pan or make them take pictures.  Trust no one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2018, 09:51:58 AM »
I’d either be there when the drop the pan or make them take pictures.  Trust no one

What Charles said, I’ve found most legitimate shops have no problem letting you in to see what’s going on & taking place. Documenting the process is a good choice for both parties.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2018, 07:46:47 PM »

What Charles said, I’ve found most legitimate shops have no problem letting you in to see what’s going on & taking place. Documenting the process is a good choice for both parties.

ill ask for pictures for sure. I would like it documented for my own purposes. also will ask them to save the parts they pulled.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2018, 07:51:09 PM »

ill do my best. i was in the garage area with him yesterday looking over some stuff
He knows i am no idiot and i doubt they want hell risen over such a trivial issue.

I do plan to get it into my regular mechanic for a synthetic oil change etc this coming week and i can also have them verify.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2018, 08:18:33 AM »
**DONE**

So i took delivery of the truck yesterday. They installed running board for me n/c, replaced a handful of hoses, O-ring and pressure sensor.
Yesterday's joy ride was nice, smooth and quiet. the truck drives like a charm. Oil pressure holds steady about 35 psi when driving.

Thanks for all who guided me on this.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2018, 10:17:15 AM »
Nice ride, good luck.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal