Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1328214 times)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #10200 on: June 16, 2019, 09:17:10 PM »
I have been off the road a few bits,   I usually don’t drive to far because of it.  My wife will road trip for days and be fine.  Not me. That seat in the truck is comfortable! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: June 17, 2019, 09:20:44 AM »
I have been off the road a few bits,   I usually don’t drive to far because of it.  My wife will road trip for days and be fine.  Not me. That seat in the truck is comfortable! 

Speaking of your truck...Are you contemplating selling it?

If so, consider selling it first on this site. Maybe someone here cane benny from it. Both my boyz, err, pre Rangers are in need of a chebby, and now they tell me they want a 2500!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: June 17, 2019, 10:42:05 AM »
When I was growing up nothing less than a 3/4 ton (bigger brakes/ axles etc) as they were real trucks. Now the 1/2 ton capacity’s are really surprising.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: June 17, 2019, 11:46:14 AM »
When I was growing up nothing less than a 3/4 ton (bigger brakes/ axles etc) as they were real trucks. Now the 1/2 ton capacity’s are really surprising.....

Have seen a couple Toyotas and fords loaded up and they didn't look happy at all. Toy I saw only had a 5 lug wheel and aren't fords 6? Not enough for 10k IMHO.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: June 17, 2019, 01:14:57 PM »

Have seen a couple Toyotas and fords loaded up and they didn't look happy at all. Toy I saw only had a 5 lug wheel and aren't fords 6? Not enough for 10k IMHO.

You should see the size of brakes and axle shafts in the tundras. They are 100% heavy half quality. Only ever worked on a couple tundras but that still stands out as a simple wow factor of strength in those trucks.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: June 17, 2019, 02:05:21 PM »

Speaking of your truck...Are you contemplating selling it?

If so, consider selling it first on this site. Maybe someone here cane benny from it. Both my boyz, err, pre Rangers are in need of a chebby, and now they tell me they want a 2500!
It has been a consideration to put it on the chop block but as for selling on the site. I simply wouldn’t feel good about someone buying it and further problems

As of now I am going to pay it off, park it and buy a second rig

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: June 18, 2019, 03:09:03 PM »
It has a built tranny, right?

Good start for an LBZ.

Look at re gearing, feels like a new truck.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: June 18, 2019, 03:43:12 PM »
I picked up a fan clutch today from GM.  I’ll get that installed and see what changes.   

Re gear maybe. I’d really like my twins to fight over it in a few years

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: June 18, 2019, 07:28:27 PM »
Been on the road he for a couple days now. Sitting outside Grand Junction right now. Boondocking at a winery. Had a few samples bought a couple bottles. This Honey wine is really good. Way better than that stuff in Idaho. https://www.talonwinebrands.com/About-Us/Our-Wineries/Meadery-of-the-Rockies

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: June 18, 2019, 07:29:34 PM »
Missed my exit in Idaho when we left. GPS got me back on track via some back roads. Kinda felt like home.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: June 20, 2019, 10:06:23 AM »
Found a little timber rattler down by the beach at the campsite.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: June 20, 2019, 10:38:14 PM »
Drove up to the weekend place with the oldest daughter. 

Tomorrow she goes to the DPS office early for the written driver’s test so I can begin her driving instruction....

OH BOY....smh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10212 on: June 20, 2019, 10:46:10 PM »
Found out today I have a hernia. Belly button about 5-6” tear. Not good news for me.
Doc is hoping I can slow down enough to heal without surgery.
I hope I can.
Out for my sons wedding tomorrow, and I’m not used to doing nothing, gonna be a long haul.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: June 20, 2019, 11:12:20 PM »

Tomorrow she goes to the DPS office early for the written driver’s test so I can begin her driving instruction....

OH BOY....smh

The bus... been nice knowin ya. ;)

Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: June 20, 2019, 11:13:53 PM »
Found out today I have a hernia. Belly button about 5-6” tear. Not good news for me.
Doc is hoping I can slow down enough to heal without surgery.
I hope I can.
Out for my sons wedding tomorrow, and I’m not used to doing nothing, gonna be a long haul.
Heal with out surgery?  Really?

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10215 on: June 20, 2019, 11:29:47 PM »
Wife gets her new puppy this weekend, it comes with a small hernia we find out today. Hope to get it fixed when we have her spayed. Stuff never ends.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10216 on: June 21, 2019, 03:07:41 AM »
Heading up to the land for a couple days of work, no boys. God love em they are fun but still work to watch em.

Built the fan unit for the container. That and roads will account for a good couple days.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10217 on: June 21, 2019, 03:55:37 PM »
Sam,
Sorry bud, I have a much smaller one, like 1" in the belly button as well, but like Dave said, probably not healing without surgery.

I got passed by a McClaren today, (boeing exec of some sort i'm sure) and got to experience this sunset with my bride last night.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10218 on: June 21, 2019, 04:47:14 PM »
Finished loading the dump trailer with fire wood for a family in Olympia. A couple cords of wood will really help them keep a home warm for most of the winter. I think the rest will go to our neighbors, and they can process it. Good firewood is getting harder to find even up here in the evergreen state.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #10219 on: June 21, 2019, 09:14:02 PM »
So bought some expanded metal.  1 sheet of 1/2 inch and 1 sheet of 3/4 inch.  Bought some 3/8 cold rolled rod and made a new coal basket in the bottom of the grill with angle iron and 3/8 rod.  Then added a 3rd rack that goes between the upper and lower rack will serve as a fire box to cook steaks. Think charcoal salamander.

Pics to come later.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 07:36:46 AM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10220 on: June 22, 2019, 11:54:42 AM »
Went to Napa to get oil and filter for the wife's 4 wheeler. Someone bought all the filters and wouldn't let me have one.
I told them I really needed it I already took the old one off. I was told I would just have push it out of the way and wait until Tuesday when the next shipment comes in.
So I bought all the ATV oil. Your filters are not much good without oil now are they. Jerks.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: June 22, 2019, 12:11:00 PM »

OH BOY....smh

Oh no!

Prayer list addition

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 12:13:07 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10222 on: June 22, 2019, 12:27:28 PM »
Been working a a good looking color at the cabinet shop, built some bar end panels

We also had some RC car shenanigans
That turned bad
2012 Tacoma, I think it’s in the 20k for miles.   

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10223 on: June 22, 2019, 01:31:47 PM »
Went to Napa to get oil and filter for the wife's 4 wheeler. Someone bought all the filters and wouldn't let me have one.
I told them I really needed it I already took the old one off. I was told I would just have push it out of the way and wait until Tuesday when the next shipment comes in.
So I bought all the ATV oil. Your filters are not much good without oil now are they. Jerks.

What a jerk....like his life is going to end if he sells you one filter!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 08:10:17 AM by Flyin6 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10224 on: June 22, 2019, 02:16:37 PM »
Buy those filters online ahead of time, cheaper and it’s there when you need it. How I do mine....

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10225 on: June 22, 2019, 05:30:48 PM »
So bought some expanded metal.  1 sheet of 1/2 inch and 1 sheet of 3/4 inch.  Bought some 3/8 cold rolled rod and made a new coal basket in the bottom of the grill with angle iron and 3/8 rod.  Then added a 3rd rack that goes between the upper and lower rack will serve as a fire box to cook steaks. Think charcoal salamander.

Pics to come later.

So you can see the heavy 3/8 round bar charcoal grate. Much better airflow and hotter fire.

The the second box slides between the top and bottom rack

Steaks start on bottom under the flame and then finish on top.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10226 on: June 22, 2019, 07:18:41 PM »
Trn, do you still have the rec-tec?

Hows it holding up?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10227 on: June 22, 2019, 07:20:28 PM »
Yes sir. Still have it.  Just smoked some chicken thighs and some beef short ribs today.

It would hold up better if it wasn’t outside.  The powder coat on the lid is peeling but nothing that affects the performance.  The innards are all stainless and they are holding up very well.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10228 on: June 22, 2019, 08:24:41 PM »
Got my fire pit set.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #10229 on: June 22, 2019, 10:01:03 PM »
Dave, whats the finished product going to look like?, Are you filling in the rest and adding gravel?  Concrete?

And I cleaned the 597 Remington today.  Shot a few springs all over the seacan. First time Ive cleaned it but it cycles smooth now. One down many to go

Washed the Bus.  Took garbage to the dump. Ordered a bad A$$ fan for the back porch. 10000 cfm ceiling fan.  Floated in the pool for a while when the kids were napping.. Smoked some chicken and short ribs, installed a connected deadbolt so it unlocks the door when the alarm is turned off (wife sometimes drives up with no keys to the house) Also when Nate finally comes down, I can unlock the house remotely so he can cook before I get there. :-)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 10:01:46 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10230 on: June 22, 2019, 10:05:01 PM »
Dave, whats the finished product going to look like?, Are you filling in the rest and adding gravel?  Concrete?

And I cleaned the 597 Remington today.  Shot a few springs all over the seacan. First time Ive cleaned it but it cycles smooth now. One down many to go

Washed the Bus.  Took garbage to the dump. Ordered a bad A$$ fan for the back porch. 10000 cfm ceiling fan.  Floated in the pool for a while when the kids were napping.. Smoked some chicken and short ribs, installed a connected deadbolt so it unlocks the door when the alarm is turned off (wife sometimes drives up with no keys to the house) Also when Nate finally comes down, I can unlock the house remotely so he can cook before I get there. :-)
:beercheers:

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: June 22, 2019, 11:12:18 PM »
Finished loading the dump trailer with fire wood for a family in Olympia. A couple cords of wood will really help them keep a home warm for most of the winter. I think the rest will go to our neighbors, and they can process it. Good firewood is getting harder to find even up here in the evergreen state.

Made the 60 mile trip down to Olympia today and the old tires on the trailer made it just fine. Nice to know the family will be warm this winter.
The new puppy came to live with us this afternoon. Another battle  with the house breaking thing, but we will win out in the end. I do miss our old dog but not sure I would have taken this on again. :beercheers:

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: June 22, 2019, 11:38:28 PM »

Made the 60 mile trip down to Olympia today and the old tires on the trailer made it just fine. Nice to know the family will be warm this winter.
The new puppy came to live with us this afternoon. Another battle  with the house breaking thing, but we will win out in the end. I do miss our old dog but not sure I would have taken this on again. :beercheers:

Sure bob....wait 2 years after i leave......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (just messin with yah)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: June 23, 2019, 12:05:33 AM »

Pavers on top bushes around, grass, vinyl fence bolted to the top of the block,

Momma wants me to put one of these in also

Minus the junk on the roof.   I like the rest of it.  That will be off to right side of the fire pit and closer to the home,  going to build a wood storage shed behind the pergola/outdoor kitchen

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: June 23, 2019, 02:32:52 AM »
Is that her she-shed, Dave?

Her name Cheryl by chance? Lol

Ryan

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: June 23, 2019, 09:05:36 AM »
No sir, shed would have walls.  It would also have to match the exterior of my home.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: June 23, 2019, 11:09:18 AM »
Some people we know invited us to their kids birthday party. The husband is from Guatemala. They served some kind of intestine soup and Lamb boiled in Banana leaves. Pretty good stuff actually. I enjoy trying new things.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: June 23, 2019, 11:27:31 AM »
Jon, sounds similar to Peruvian food. Not too shabby.  My new son in law is from there and he cooked while they were here . They don't waste anything from an animal.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: June 23, 2019, 02:05:14 PM »
https://d3lwr7t4tsy765.cloudfront.net/Specs/ROXOR_Spec_Sheet_010919.pdf

What you guys think of these?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: June 23, 2019, 02:14:29 PM »
Price?

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: June 23, 2019, 02:20:14 PM »
You can mod them up to about 25k with accessories from the factory.    They are pretty sweet looking rigs. 

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: June 23, 2019, 02:24:18 PM »
https://d3lwr7t4tsy765.cloudfront.net/Specs/ROXOR_Spec_Sheet_010919.pdf

What you guys think of these?

It all depends on what you want to do with one. They’re cool but around here, where you can’t drive them on public roads, I don’t see the advantage over a more traditional style side by side. For work, the dump bed on a Polaris Ranger, Can-Am defender, or Kawasaki Mule are a lot more useful. For a machine to rip around in off-road they’re nowhere close to a Polaris RZR, Can-Am Commander, or Kawasaki Teryx. If you’re searching for diesel options, it’s probably the best thing around. Top speed of the Ranger, Mule, and Mahindra side by sides are around 35mph and it takes a long time to get there. There’s already companies doing tuning for the Roxor and I hear it really wakes them up.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: June 23, 2019, 03:11:57 PM »
It's hard to believe they haven't been sued over their design yet.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: June 23, 2019, 04:23:58 PM »
They have been. https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/03/11/mahindra-roxor-street-legal-status

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: June 23, 2019, 04:53:17 PM »
I like the simplicity of the whole rig, the look is retro for sure and I think that’s why it’s gaining popularity,   Think about it.  It’s everything ol Don wanted.  No electronics lol

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10245 on: June 23, 2019, 05:33:51 PM »
They have been. https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/03/11/mahindra-roxor-street-legal-status

Interesting the fight is only over the grille design. The whole vehicle looks like a jeep.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: June 23, 2019, 06:14:42 PM »
Just Everyone Else’s Parts.

Ryan

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: June 23, 2019, 10:10:39 PM »

that's no different than what the original jeeps were

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: June 23, 2019, 11:26:33 PM »

that's no different than what the original jeeps were

That’s was my point.

Ryan

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: June 23, 2019, 11:38:16 PM »
So did a lot of stuff today. Pulled up the stump from the big oak and smoothed the dirt around it. 

Today is anniversary 29.

Blew the diet.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal