Hello Guest

Author Topic: Glock 22 gen 3 or 4  (Read 779 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Glock 22 gen 3 or 4
« on: October 18, 2021, 10:59:45 PM »
Ok boys. I ordered a G22 gen 3. Specifically because I believe the gen3 to be the best generation all around and of the dozen or so glock I own they are all gen 3 meaning parts interchange and gunsmith familiarity.

I’m now questioning whether they can produce said gen3 and they have a gen4 in stock.

Should I hold out or get the bastard child of some marketing guys dream who said they needed “updates” to sell more product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Glock 22 gen 3 or 4
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 11:01:23 PM »
You may like a gen 4. I like my G19 gen 4 gun. THat big mag release is hard to miss. I sometimes did with the earlier Gen 2 G19 I also own.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 07:24:35 PM »
Nothing wrong with a gen 4.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Camaroz2866

• Registered
    • View Profile
Glock 22 gen 3 or 4
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 05:13:55 AM »
Ok boys. I ordered a G22 gen 3. Specifically because I believe the gen3 to be the best generation all around and of the dozen or so glock I own they are all gen 3 meaning parts interchange and gunsmith familiarity.

I’m now questioning whether they can produce said gen3 and they have a gen4 in stock.

Should I hold out or get the bastard child of some marketing guys dream who said they needed “updates” to sell more product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just saying I love the gen 5’s. I took some gen 4 and 5 to the range a while back and 5 is nice. Lmk and we can go test them in comparison. Also lmk which model you want and my LE dealer can get it or possibly has it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 05:18:42 AM by Camaroz2866 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 06:35:10 AM »
Thanks Jake,

I finally got the Gen3 from Athena.  On the hunt for a 29 and a S&W500 4 inch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 09:03:15 PM »
Other than removal of finger grooves there isn't any real difference between the gen 3/4/5s in my opinion. Small slight tweaks don't make one version better than others, because no one leaves their stuff stock for very long and once the changes start they generally end up being the same as the other ones in the respective safes. But that's my standing off on the sidelines not paying for anything opinion.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 09:55:19 PM »
I think you are right Bobby.  My big reason for keeping with gen3 is all the parts are interchangeable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 10:45:57 PM »
All my stuff in G3, feels right. I do night sights for the most.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal