Hello Guest

Author Topic: HOW - TO - cook and egg in a potato  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
HOW - TO - cook and egg in a potato
« on: June 14, 2015, 10:42:54 PM »
so well start this thread off with how to cook an egg in a potato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzUXHE1Frr4
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:41:58 AM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: HOW - TO - VIDEO's
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 10:56:33 PM »
Now that is different.
Cool find!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: HOW - TO - VIDEO's
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 12:41:23 AM »
i thought so as well, i almost didnt post it because of this dudes gren mask that he was wearing at the beginning of the video.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: HOW - TO - cook and egg in a potato
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 10:59:58 AM »
But you waste the potato.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 10:38:10 PM »
I'm thinking it would only be some of it Bobby.
I thought the same, then thought...less cook time=egg and hash browns, err baked potato anyhow.

To me the egg looked quite overcooked. I'm a runny egg guy though.
Knock the cook time back 5-10 minutes and less potato would be charred.
Which means more to eat.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 10:43:11 PM »
I'm thinking it would only be some of it Bobby.
I thought the same, then thought...less cook time=egg and hash browns, err baked potato anyhow.

To me the egg looked quite overcooked. I'm a runny egg guy though.
Knock the cook time back 5-10 minutes and less potato would be charred.
Which means more to eat.

I guess I'll be the Neanderthal here. Heck, I'd just brush off the dust and eat it as is. And that assembly would fit in your pocket to eat later as a meal. Protein and carbs for when you're on the move. All you'd need is some salt!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:00:23 AM »
I guess I'll be the Neanderthal here. Heck, I'd just brush off the dust and eat it as is. And that assembly would fit in your pocket to eat later as a meal. Protein and carbs for when you're on the move. All you'd need is some salt!

Oh if that's all I had for the near future I'd eat it as well, BUT, IOT cook the egg in the potato you (the guy in the video) ended up throwing extra carbs/protein on the ground when he scooped out the inside.

So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »

Oh if that's all I had for the near future I'd eat it as well, BUT, IOT cook the egg in the potato you (the guy in the video) ended up throwing extra carbs/protein on the ground when he scooped out the inside.
Yeah, that would be the appetizer.
Sam

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 04:33:08 PM »
Cook the egg on a rock heated in the fire as the potato cooks.  Then you don't lose any of it.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 05:25:30 PM »
Cook the egg on a rock heated in the fire as the potato cooks.  Then you don't lose any of it.

I was going to say that, but someone who doesn't know to avoid certain types of rock would try it, resulting in the rock overheating, and suffer a catastrophic failure of its surface structure, resulting in flying pieces of hardened geological surface,  resulting in minor/major epidermal, vascular and musculatory injuries.

Or more realistically the egg would fall into the fire and they'd get mad.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:27:52 PM by BobbyB »

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 06:41:21 PM »
The flying peices of geological surface might slice the potato.  Might ease the anger.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 07:24:34 PM »
The flying peices of geological surface might slice the potato.  Might ease the anger.

Hm.. field expedient homestyle potatoes and eggs  ;D

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 08:43:35 PM »
Well, if those flying pieces took out your bro and not you, then you could eat his egg/potato thing ;-))

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 03:29:10 AM »
Well, if those flying pieces took out your bro and not you, then you could eat his egg/potato thing ;-))

But you'd end up carrying him, and burning off his portion and yours..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 07:32:09 AM »
Me things the green man needs to sharpen his knife.  Seemed kinda dull when he sliced the potato.  Potatoes are kind of heavy to lug around in quantity.  Maybe easier to carry some tin foil....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 10:31:29 AM »

But you'd end up carrying him, and burning off his portion and yours..
Negative

Dig a spider hole, cache him and mark his position on a map, then eat it.
Then
CM

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »

I was going to say that, but someone who doesn't know to avoid certain types of rock would try it, resulting in the rock overheating, and suffer a catastrophic failure of its surface structure, resulting in flying pieces of hardened geological surface,  resulting in minor/major epidermal, vascular and musculatory injuries.

Or more realistically the egg would fall into the fire and they'd get mad.

Bobby,

I was just going to ask if you were hanging out with Duane there. Speaking of whom, isn't there some light refraction solar oven system we are missing out on?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 12:41:37 PM »
Bobby,

I was just going to ask if you were hanging out with Duane there. Speaking of whom, isn't there some light refraction solar oven system we are missing out on?

That was more of " I actually got some sleep and was enjoying my morning coffee," type response

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal