Hello Guest

Author Topic: Mexico warning  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Mexico warning
« on: July 21, 2017, 10:54:37 AM »
I have never been to Mexico. Have no real desire to go. I remember hearing a number of years ago about a couple from our town who went to Cancun at the same time I went to FL. This was late fall end of hurricane season....a hurricane came across the Carribean/Gulf and hit the Yucatan and then came straight back across the gulf and hit FL where I was (which I guess is par for the course for late season hurricanes).

I was safe in the hotel I was at (it was the hurricane evacuation location for the area) while they were evacuated to a school with 500 other people and were all in a HS gym with a white bucket in the corner for a bathroom. But they were "happy" because the HS was surrounded by a fence with barbed wire so the roaming gangs couldn't get in while people at other resorts had been evacuated to places that did not have the protection of a fence and ended up getting robbed etc by the gangs. Point being a resort is nice but you are still in a 3rd world he**-hole when you leave it.

But then I read this article which just confirmed for me that there are risks beyond just hurricanes etc. Figured I should post it as a cautionary item....maybe its overly dramatic I don't know. But scary stuff...

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2017/07/20/all-inclusive-resorts-mexico-suspected-drugging-tourists/490429001/

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico warning
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 08:10:43 PM »
They can keep that place. I love my country just fine.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 05:14:07 PM »
I have friends that like to go to Mexico. This year they went to Jamaica. They said they will never go back to mexico again. It was so much better in Jamaica.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 09:38:32 PM »
I think like anything, if you're looking for trouble, you can find it. We'd been going to Cabo annually for about 10 years until this last year... we stayed at a large Sheraton resort with villas. Shopped at Costco, and rarely ate out. Are there risks? Sure... but you can find yourself in a world of hurt if you go to the wrong beach in Hawaii too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal