Hello Guest

Author Topic: My first garage!  (Read 21744 times)

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: My first garage!
« Reply #100 on: February 29, 2016, 07:19:51 AM »
I was thinking of just painting it all white eventually, even the concrete, but we'll see what happens.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2016, 08:52:15 AM »
I was thinking of just painting it all white eventually, even the concrete, but we'll see what happens.
Gray might be a little friendlier...show fewer stains and won't look as dirty when it is...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 29, 2016, 10:23:34 AM »
Gray might be a little friendlier...show fewer stains and won't look as dirty when it is...

Yeah that's a good point, wouldn't take long for grinder dust and diesel smoke to make the white look dirty.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 29, 2016, 11:28:47 AM »

Yeah that's a good point, wouldn't take long for grinder dust and diesel smoke to make the white look dirty.
My garages are gray and that seems to match the dirt quite well
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2016, 05:37:01 PM »
I did plywood bottom and painted white.
Plywood good, white not so much. Gray would be better.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2016, 09:07:32 PM »
Any updates?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2016, 06:31:36 PM »
Well, the garage is pretty much done now. I've got some plugs/lights wired in ( I used EMT conduit and surface mount plugs to make it easier to expand later), some outside lights etc. Thinking before winter hits, I should do something to the concrete floor. I don't want the expense of epoxy, but was looking at a densifier/sealer option, which makes it more resistant to water/oil spills etc. Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

I also didn't seam fill or paint yet, not sure if I will before the winter or not.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2016, 06:52:41 PM »
My local concrete guy here recommends a sealer product (can't recall name) but he buys it from the bobcat dealer locally. Not sure if all bobcat dealers sell it or just this one. I would stay away from HD products.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2016, 09:06:08 PM »
Look at what it would cost you for epoxy before you rule it out.  Sherwin-Williams offers some real good stuff for a price that makes it worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2017, 04:33:37 PM »
so how did the garage turn out?  is it truly complete or odds and ends left to finish?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2017, 07:28:38 PM »
so how did the garage turn out?  is it truly complete or odds and ends left to finish?

Well I would say it's as complete as it needs to be. I've got the trailer project in there now, and it's been a great spot to keep the kubota etc. I didn't bother painting the walls yet, and concrete is still bare, but that's ok. To be honest we've been thinking of listing out house and buying or building somewhere a little more private, paying off some debts etc. But I'm certainly happy with my garage now as-is.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal