Hello Guest

Author Topic: 29id S.O.P.  (Read 1574 times)

Offline America.Mike

• Registered
    • View Profile
29id S.O.P.
« on: January 14, 2021, 05:10:05 PM »
What is this sh$@

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 29id S.O.P.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 12:22:20 PM »
Must be a classified, new, shooting technique...or the new optical handgrip option...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline America.Mike

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 12:45:52 PM »
Must be a classified, new, shooting technique...or the new optical handgrip option...
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 01:48:19 PM »
I’m just glad no one is wearing Air Force insignia.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 02:48:35 PM »
In all reality, my first thought was, “did they clip the optic to prevent it from getting damaged during transport/shipping or to minimize space requirements?”  But then I thought about the fact their zero would be off when reinstalling and it’s not like they are going to the range in DC between now and the inauguration to rezero.   Not to mention it’s not like they had a monumental deployment distance.

I don’t know, maybe I’m just using my Air Force brain.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 02:50:32 PM »
Oh, and I didn’t really want to say it, but I believe that is a female soldier based on the shape of the watch cap where it looks like there is a bun in the back.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 03:02:30 PM »
Oh, and I didn’t really want to say it, but I believe that is a female soldier based on the shape of the watch cap where it looks like there is a bun in the back.

I cant believe you would just go and assume someones gender like that. "men" can wear a bun too. I doubt many of them can change a tire much less hold a rifle properly. Hmmm maybe thats why what appears to be a scope is on wrong?
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 08:41:41 PM »
High intensity strobe for crowd control?
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 09:29:00 PM »
I don’t think a high intensity strobe on mounted on a rifle would be considered a deescalation, I see someone point a rifle in my direction and start seeing a bright flashing light first thought is probably going to be “muzzle flash”.  Okay, in all truth, being Air Force, it would be “blinky light”, but you get the idea.

Online EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2021, 02:42:23 PM »
doesn't appear to have any rear eye relief... could be laser, IR light, tac light maybe?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline America.Mike

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 02:56:42 PM »
It’s a cco (red dot sight) the team leader needs some extra pt for letting this happen

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 09:57:19 PM »
That would be (probably, hopefully)
1. The result of how some units store their weapons in their arms room cages. It's easier to store them that way, which is stupid.
2. The SM reading the serial number off to an NCO off frame since they probably unpacked them from movement.
3. 100% hands on after a movement of any distance with lower enlisted is pretty much mandatory.
4. If you didn't check your Unit's SI you fail at being a leader.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 09:23:12 AM »
Sure looks like the aim point compm4

Guessing like others a more compact storage and transport. Not sure why the dust cover is open though.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 10:09:41 AM »
But then I thought about the fact their zero would be off when reinstalling

If you reinstall the optic in the same T-mark (which SHOULD have a witness mark) on the rail and turn the mount's torque knob to where it clicks 3x then it shouldn't have lost it's zero...theoretically . I have seen them lose the zero very slightly on some sights, but they were older and had been in service for awhile.

It’s a cco (red dot sight) the team leader needs some extra pt for letting this happen

Except there's nothing wrong at this point. Now had this photo been showing the SM standing a post or anything other than checking serial numbers I'd agree with you.

Sure looks like the aim point compm4

Guessing like others a more compact storage and transport. Not sure why the dust cover is open though.

It is a M4 or M4s. The dust cover is open probably because they ensured the rifle is clear; at least they better have, before handing it out to the SM and the SM didn't shut it after closing the bolt.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 10:15:04 AM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 06:45:26 PM »
Leave it to Bobby to be all calm and rational.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 09:52:09 PM »

I've had to do an uncountable amount of SI checks while in the Army, both as a lower enlisted and eventually as a Team Leader, then Squad Leader/Section Sergeant. The problem with photos that have been posted lately is that people tend to immediately jump in and comment without looking and thinking.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 10:44:51 PM by BobbyB »

Offline America.Mike

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 10:48:39 PM »

I've had to do many SI checks before I left the Army usually to my Squad's annoyance. The problem with photos that have been posted lately is that people tend to immediately jump in and comment without looking and thinking.
I looked  at that picture and I knew exactly what was going on. No reason why that optic needed to be mounted that way to fit in cages. I was just making the observation I wasn’t a fan if this is the sop for the 29th Id is all.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 09:31:07 PM »
I looked  at that picture and I knew exactly what was going on. No reason why that optic needed to be mounted that way to fit in cages. I was just making the observation I wasn’t a fan if this is the sop for the 29th Id is all.

That post wasn’t me calling you or anyone on this page out, it was a blanket statement based on personal observations . I have watched, read, heard and participated in discussions with people falling all across the political spectrum and have found that a large chunk of them will comment or respond with a knee jerk reaction to one frame of a video or a photo that had been edited or purposefully taken in such a way in order to elicit a conditioned response be it good or bad.

Which is why when political or religious posts are made on here or elsewhere I happen to browse I withhold commenting until I feel as if I have something constructive to add to the thread, and if I feel as if I won’t contribute to the thread, I sit back and read, and on occasion learn something or just pass the time.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 09:33:39 PM by BobbyB »

Offline America.Mike

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2021, 10:40:31 PM »

That post wasn’t me calling you or anyone on this page out, it was a blanket statement based on personal observations . I have watched, read, heard and participated in discussions with people falling all across the political spectrum and have found that a large chunk of them will comment or respond with a knee jerk reaction to one frame of a video or a photo that had been edited or purposefully taken in such a way in order to elicit a conditioned response be it good or bad.

Which is why when political or religious posts are made on here or elsewhere I happen to browse I withhold commenting until I feel as if I have something constructive to add to the thread, and if I feel as if I won’t contribute to the thread, I sit back and read, and on occasion learn something or just pass the time.
No worries I was not offended of the post by any means and didn’t see as a targeted post. One of the reasons I hate online posts and prefer talking in person haha

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 06:16:24 AM »
No worries I was not offended of the post by any means and didn’t see as a targeted post. One of the reasons I hate online posts and prefer talking in person haha

I agree and feel the same.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2021, 12:20:19 PM »
I agree with everything Bobby said. The national guard typically still uses weapons rack for the M16. The locking bars interfere with the optic, as they were designed for the carry handle. I can see the unit mounting the optic on the lower rail for storage, to ensure that weapon and optic stay together. T-slots and witness marks ensure zero is maintained. The only time I've had my zero affected was when the optics weren't stored properly. Having them in the weapons rack should help alleviate them getting knocked around.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal