FOOD CORNER > Canning & Food Storage

taste testing 30 year old MREs

(1/2) > >>

TexasRedNeck:
http://www.alloutdoor.com/2015/07/16/video-taste-testing-30-year-mres/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2015-07-21&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

hmm.  Guess in a pinch

Sammconn:
Don't know how keen I'd be on that overdue...
But I have ate my share or more of 5+ expired ones.

Makes a guy wonder what all is in them that they are still 'safe' to eat that old...

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Sammconn on July 21, 2015, 10:21:37 PM ---Don't know how keen I'd be on that overdue...

Makes a guy wonder what all is in them that they are still 'safe' to eat that old...

--- End quote ---
I think the way they have been stored makes all the difference. If they came out of a sun warmed pile from Iraq, I might pass. But how do you know.

I just did an experiment. I purchased an expired case to feed to the pre-Rangers and my girls. They haven't had the pleasure yet...Yum, yum, yum

I'll post up in the food section if they ever show up. I ordered them over 2 weeks ago!

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on July 21, 2015, 10:25:33 PM ---
I purchased an expired case to feed to the pre-Rangers and my girls. They haven't had the pleasure yet...Yum, yum, yum

--- End quote ---

They probably aren't going to like you afterwards.

TexasRedNeck:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on July 21, 2015, 10:25:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sammconn on July 21, 2015, 10:21:37 PM ---Don't know how keen I'd be on that overdue...

--- End quote ---
I think the way they have been stored makes all the difference. If they came out of a sun warmed pile from Iraq, I might pass. But how do you know.

I just did an experiment. I purchased an expired case to feed to the pre-Rangers and my girls. They haven't had the pleasure yet...Yum, yum, yum

I'll post up in the food section if they ever show up. I ordered them over 2 weeks ago!

--- End quote ---

We'll either get an update in the food section or the medical section......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version