SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST > Donations

Christmas 2017

(1/14) > >>

Flyin6:
Well, thanks to a member donating $50 just now, we are off and running on the Christmas 2017 project. That's an early start to what has become a really cool thing we get to do here for some peeps we don't even know.

I think that many of you get about as excited about this as I do. Heck last year I was out in little girl stores buying stuff I had no idea about, and it was FUN! This, honestly is one of the coolest things we do from this RealMan corner of the interweb.

So, no decisions have been made yet but I do have some candidates for our giving this year. First is a place called "The Talbot House." It is a place where children of drug addicted parents who are in rehab get to stay or are cared for from afar while their parents try to fix their broken lives. There is a christmas gift tree out that I could pull names from, as in a gift per name and see what we could do to sow some happiness into an otherwise bleak situation.
Second on my list is a local old folks home. Living there are some guests who no longer have any family and are wards of the state just living out their days. I don't know how many people there are or how we might respond, but that would be a worthy cause. And frankly I DO NOT care about this policy or that which restricts things like not playing Christian music, or saying "Merry Christmas" or speaking of our savior. In a word, "To Hell With All That!" Well, a bit more than a word, but that's how I feel and given my size and fearsome (Ugly) look, no one will say anything when I raise a might word of praise for our king!

Next (and I may be leaning this way a bit, I know of a woman with two girls, one four, and one older, living in an apartment, whose worthless husband walked out abandoning his family. We could sow into that family like last year's effort.

So with no particular goal in mind, I guess we're off to the races to make a CHRISTmas ho-down for some needy people. Like always we will do it mostly anonymously and keep our generosity between us and our God (The way he likes it).

So boyz and girlies, if you are so so convicted, donate away and watch the amount grow over on the donations page. And check this out...a DP (Don Prediction): This year's amount will be more than last year's amount...and I bet (because the Lord likes this) it will be a bunch more!

Oh and if you have something to say as far as which direction you'd like to go with our giving this year, please share it here. Of course, like always, I won't pay any attention at all and end up doing whatever I think, but at least you'll think you influenced the decision. And that will make you a happy person!

Flyin6:
Oh, and Thank you Mr. ________ for starting this all off with your giving. I am smiling, just knowing how you have pleased our God and how he will reward you for what you did. From me (Like WAAAAAAAAAAY down the ladder), Thank you very much!

Flyin6:
Got another one!
Wow, who'ah known

Mystery person numbs hana starts it off and already we are over a hundred

Thanks #2!

We now have $133!

Ah, make it $233...

Nate:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on November 29, 2017, 09:17:49 AM ---Well, thanks to a member donating $50 just now, we are off and running on the Christmas 2017 project. That's an early start to what has become a really cool thing we get to do here for some peeps we don't even know.

I think that many of you get about as excited about this as I do. Heck last year I was out in little girl stores buying stuff I had no idea about, and it was FUN! This, honestly is one of the coolest things we do from this RealMan corner of the interweb.

So, no decisions have been made yet but I do have some candidates for our giving this year. First is a place called "The Talbot House." It is a place where children of drug addicted parents who are in rehab get to stay or are cared for from afar while their parents try to fix their broken lives. There is a christmas gift tree out that I could pull names from, as in a gift per name and see what we could do to sow some happiness into an otherwise bleak situation.
Second on my list is a local old folks home. Living there are some guests who no longer have any family and are wards of the state just living out their days. I don't know how many people there are or how we might respond, but that would be a worthy cause. And frankly I DO NOT care about this policy or that which restricts things like not playing Christian music, or saying "Merry Christmas" or speaking of our savior. In a word, "To Hell With All That!" Well, a bit more than a word, but that's how I feel and given my size and fearsome (Ugly) look, no one will say anything when I raise a might word of praise for our king!

Next (and I may be leaning this way a bit, I know of a woman with two girls, one four, and one older, living in an apartment, whose worthless husband walked out abandoning his family. We could sow into that family like last year's effort.

So with no particular goal in mind, I guess we're off to the races to make a CHRISTmas ho-down for some needy people. Like always we will do it mostly anonymously and keep our generosity between us and our God (The way he likes it).

So boyz and girlies, if you are so so convicted, donate away and watch the amount grow over on the donations page. And check this out...a DP (Don Prediction): This year's amount will be more than last year's amount...and I bet (because the Lord likes this) it will be a bunch more!

Oh and if you have something to say as far as which direction you'd like to go with our giving this year, please share it here. Of course, like always, I won't pay any attention at all and end up doing whatever I think, but at least you'll think you influenced the decision. And that will make you a happy person!

--- End quote ---

so if I understand correctly, these are the 3 options that you are putting up for recommendation/discussion/execution?

option #1 helping the children at "the Talbot House"?

option #2 spreading a little love and cheer for those that have no family left and trying to make their little bit of time left on this earth a little more merrier?

option #3 a mother of 2

Bob Smith:

All 3 good choices, I tend to think the "old folks home" members have most everything they need, good food, warm environment, and caring staff. A  card wishing them a Merry Christmas would be as nice as anything to them.

Either of the other two options would be nice, a needing mom trying to provide for her family would be my first pick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version