Hello Guest

Author Topic: PVS 14 Mount  (Read 1697 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
PVS 14 Mount
« on: December 29, 2021, 06:33:48 PM »
So I was trying to stalk up on some pigs the other night and just couldn’t get a good picture through the PVS 14.  Hadn’t noticed that the standard mount was out of alignment with the compM4 but in complete darkness it really obscured the field of view.

So I ordered American Defense QD PVS mount and the SOCOM height CompM4 mount so at least I know that they’ll both be at the same height since both mounts are made by the same company.  Will post up pics when I get it next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: PVS 14 Mount
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 07:51:26 PM »
So I was trying to stalk up on some pigs the other night and just couldn’t get a good picture through the PVS 14.  Hadn’t noticed that the standard mount was out of alignment with the compM4 but in complete darkness it really obscured the field of view.

So I ordered American Defense QD PVS mount and the SOCOM height CompM4 mount so at least I know that they’ll both be at the same height since both mounts are made by the same company.  Will post up pics when I get it next week.

American Defense.. great products and only a couple hours south of me.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
PVS 14 Mount
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 09:24:06 AM »
Hate to say I was disappointed.

The PVS 14 is not only vertically out of alignment with the aim point (.250 higher) it’s also not horizontally perfectly aligned.

The PVS mount is also not able to
Be mounted with the offset to the rear since they only notched for the battery compartment knob on one side. Would be nice for a monolithic rail like mine.

I emailed AD for comment. Not going to be happy if I wasted $250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 09:24:42 AM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 07:10:07 PM »
I think I asked you this a long time ago, but do you have the half moon spacer for the Aimpoint mount? I can't remember exactly how much it raises it, but it might be enough to make it all same plane.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 07:43:46 PM »
I have both risers.  The one that is absolute co witness and the socom lower 1/3.  Neither work.  I have been emailing photos and part numbers back and forth with the tech and well see what he says.  These two parts were supposed to be “exact” height according to their website.  Will report back the final answer.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 03:16:21 PM »
I have both risers.  The one that is absolute co witness and the socom lower 1/3.  Neither work.  I have been emailing photos and part numbers back and forth with the tech and well see what he says.  These two parts were supposed to be “exact” height according to their website.  Will report back the final answer.

They should be able to make it right.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 03:28:46 AM »
Haven't tried my PVS with a sight yet, sure works good though.

I have to try the new IR also, should be a game changer.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 07:55:19 AM »
Latest is that they had me send them the stamped part numbers on each part of the mount and then they said they would send me a mailing label to return it for inspection.

It takes about 2 days for them to respond to each email after a week to respond to my original email so this is really dragging out.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2022, 11:02:15 PM »
Update. 7 full months later and I still don’t have an answer nor do I have my mount back.

I’ll email to ask for status and wait for the inevitable apology and promise to follow up. Then nothing. Repeat process.

I have to say I’ll never buy another American Defense Mount. Worst possible service except maybe Fred’s metal building company.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 02:26:57 PM »
Update. 7 full months later and I still don’t have an answer nor do I have my mount back.

I’ll email to ask for status and wait for the inevitable apology and promise to follow up. Then nothing. Repeat process.

I have to say I’ll never buy another American Defense Mount. Worst possible service except maybe Fred’s metal building company.

Place them on our bad vendor list if you want to

1. They lost it
2. They sold it
3. Someone stole it while in their possession
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 02:28:34 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal