Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2005 Durmax oil pressure issue  (Read 1080 times)

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
2005 Durmax oil pressure issue
« on: October 07, 2019, 09:21:10 PM »
My oldest son (over in the desert right now) has a 2005 duramax that just before he left replaced the oil pump because from time to time the oil pressure would drop to 0-9 PSI with the warning buzzer going of. The cluster and the CTS read the same thing. Well fast forward my grandson is driving it and it did the same thing. What I'm thinking is that the cluster and the CTS are both feed by the same source so I would like to put a mechanical gauge on it to double check.

Here is the question

Where would be the best/easiest place to hook up a mechanical oil pressure gauge to a 2005 LLY duramax? I'm hoping that the grandson will be the muscles  and I be the smarts behind this operation.

Thanks
Steve

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Durmax oil pressure issue
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 07:34:27 AM »
Check out post 10 for pic.  Several ports to choose from.
https://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22696

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 11:43:33 PM »
thanks

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 08:08:31 AM »
How did it run?  It may have been the oil pressure sending unit. Mine went out and read similar or bounce all over the place.  I was a 30$ part and uses a  1 1/8 socket to remove.

Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 07:57:58 PM »
How did it run?  It may have been the oil pressure sending unit. Mine went out and read similar or bounce all over the place.  I was a 30$ part and uses a  1 1/8 socket to remove.

The truck ran great with great oil pressure most of the time. I haven't been able to do anything with it. The son is in the Air Force and is deployed and I'm down for the count until the doctor takes the #8 weight lifting limit off post neck fussion

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal