Hello Guest

Author Topic: Make disciples of all the world  (Read 798 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Make disciples of all the world
« on: July 22, 2021, 05:55:31 PM »
Mike is a friend of mine. Take a trip or visit with him and you better have your four point seat belt on!

FREE THE NATIONS MIKE DENIGAN

“THEREFORE GO AND MAKE DISCIPLES of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” (Matt 28:19,20)
You can heal the sick and not make them a disciple.
You can prophesy over someone and not make them a disciple.
You can drive out a demon and not make them a disciple.

The truth is we are called to GO and MAKE disciples. Many like to GO but they don’t like to make disciples. They like the power, but they don’t like to disciple. Why, because making disciples is not fun. It doesn’t get all the attention that physical healing, personal prophecy or driving out a devil gets. All these things are good, and even Jesus said these signs will follow them that believe…but these signs don’t make disciples. Yet this is what many chase, the signs. And we can’t blame them because this is what is projected from charismatic social media stars and pulpits all over our nation. But chasing signs can become a distraction from doing what Jesus told us to do. Make disciples.

Discipleship is a tedious process of teaching a person to obey the word of the Lord. Discipleship does not happen instantaneously. It takes time, patience, long-suffering, grace, love, compassion, dedication.
In fact Jesus modeled discipleship for us. Jesus, who was the greatest at making disciples, spent three years equipping his disciples.

The last thing this generation needs is an experience that leads to a dead end because there is no connection to someone who can show them the way. Honestly most leave our meetings like they came in, disconnected both emotionally and relationally from other believers.

Unfortunately, this generation is used to people coming along but not staying to help them along. Thus, often, they go back to their old life or they find themselves becoming a disgruntled and/or dysfunctional believer who is left trying to figure it out on their own…but this doesn’t work.

The strongest believers I know did not figure it all out on their own. They had people in their lives that helped show them the way. Who helped to disciple them.

True freedom comes, not from being healed, not from receiving a prophetic word, not from being delivered from a demon. True freedom comes by becoming a true disciple. One who has learned to obey the word of the Lord. How did they learn, because someone took the time and taught them to obey everything the Lord commanded.

Discipleship is a process, a journey that is not meant to be taken alone.

Jesus never put the emphasis on signs and wonders like many are projecting. The emphasis is on making disciples.

Mike Denigan
Free the Nations
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
Re: Make disciples of all the world
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 07:22:09 PM »
So very true as Christians we do such a deserves to new belivers and I have seen some congregation drag people through hot coals for their sins all the time while doing the same sins themselves. We need to do better

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 08:56:46 PM »
So very true as Christians we do such a deserves to new belivers and I have seen some congregation drag people through hot coals for their sins all the time while doing the same sins themselves. We need to do better

Change such a church or leave it!

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 08:31:22 AM »
I did. Now in a new church home for a few years now and the senior pastor we an awsome teacher , with great compassion for all man kind and just such a blessing to us

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 10:55:07 PM »
I did. Now in a new church home for a few years now and the senior pastor we an awsome teacher , with great compassion for all man kind and just such a blessing to us

I left my old church last year. No church home yet, but starting to feel the need.

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 10:08:09 AM »

I left my old church last year. No church home yet, but starting to feel the need.
Hard being with out a church home. Prayers that you find the right fit

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal