Hello Guest

Author Topic: Memorial Day  (Read 606 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Memorial Day
« on: May 23, 2019, 09:32:50 PM »
So just let me take a moment to say, Jody, I miss ya. Dammed fool, why did you talk me into training you and setting you up for that assignment? I carry that crap in my head every time I think about you. Well, when you died, I never got my bumper or wheels back, but, heck with it, just keep em. And Bart, which one of you boneheads were on the controls? Nothing either one of you could do? I miss the both of you and those sergeants in the back too, SSG Dorrity and Sgt Frith. See you again someday
NSDQ

Sorry, But no pics of Captain Bart Owens, a fellow Kentuckian and west pointer.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 09:34:30 PM »
...And gave their lives in a place no one in America knew we were actually fighting...

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 12:16:31 PM »
 :sad:

At least they'll only be waiting for you for but a moment in their eyes, resting with their creator and ready to remind you they chose to put themselves in harms way. Their stories stick out in my mind from Distant Thunder, so I know they meant a lot to you chief.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 05:21:20 PM »
To many young men and women gone for a country they loved. I will raise a glass to them and many others this weekend. This weekend isn't about Bar B/Q and going to the lake

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 10:04:16 PM »
:sad:

At least they'll only be waiting for you for but a moment in their eyes, resting with their creator and ready to remind you they chose to put themselves in harms way. Their stories stick out in my mind from Distant Thunder, so I know they meant a lot to you chief.
I loved them

The writeups say it was a training mission. It was not

I met the woman who was rescued. I had big time mixed emotions when I saw her

Remember the scene in Saving Private Ryan when the now old man asks his wife if he was a good man? Like saying because the cost of my being here was pretty high. I felt like that. All those brave men and a MH-47 helicopter...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:07:11 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 07:51:19 AM »
Amen, Don. I'll raise a bottle of water to them tomorrow. They did their part, like so many have, and their watch is over. It's on us to continue to carry the torch, perform the duty, and if needs be, shed our blood to nourish the tree of liberty. We took that oath, and we took it seriously, just like they did. Rest easy knowing that your comrades, and mine, were part of something much greater than ourselves. Something truly noble. We may not be remembered by the masses who benefit from our sacrifices, but we will be remembered by our comrades. Those who slogged through the mire, and suffered through the horrors alongside us. That is okay. We will all come together again, and know true peace. We have the knowledge that unlike so many, we have truly lived, for we know the value of life.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 08:22:08 AM »
I’ll remember. Thank you all from myself and family. Both current and to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal