GENERAL TOPICS > D.O.T.

good and bad day yesterday...

(1/3) > >>

Flyin6:
Yesterday, I had just finished the suspension business on the dually. Kat and I decided to give it a short test drive. So we stored everything and disconnected the power fired it up and away we went.
The road we live on is very narrow, really only one lane plus a couple of feet. A couple hundred meters down the road there is this power pole, a 35-footer that is leaning well into and over the road. It sits at around a 20-degree angle and looks to be ready to fall over.

I was driving past that pole, on the road when we heard and felt a large crack and rattle. I pulled over immediately but it was too late. The awning that is bolted to the slide had contacted the pole squarely and destroyed it. The folding metal wiped out the dual pane window as well. When later I was trying to open/close the slide, it no longer worked properly.

I was sick to my stomach. This was the first time I had driven with it since purchasing it and bringing it home.

Flyin6:
^^^^^^^ That was the bad part.

Later on in the day, Kathy and her girlfriend were hell bent to get me outside into the camper to "Help measure for curtains!!"

Inside the curtain material was this:

Flyin6:
My oldest son purchased that for me. I will turn 70 in a couple of weeks and he had purchased it for me for that occasion. It is one of the new Ruger-Marlin Model 1895's in 45-70!

What a gift!

What a terrific end to what started out as a pretty bad day.

Bigdave_185:
That’s a hard to get riffle around her! They sure feel smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on March 31, 2024, 11:48:49 PM ---That’s a hard to get riffle around her! They sure feel smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Yes it does

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version