Hello Guest

Author Topic: Maxine at work once more  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Maxine at work once more
« on: August 13, 2015, 12:25:10 PM »
  Leave it to Maxine to come up with one of the major contributors of the mess that
      America/Canada/UK/Germany/Australia/NZ are now in economically.

I bought a bird feeder.  I hung it
      on my back porch and filled it
      with seed. What a beauty of
      a bird feeder it was, as I filled it
      lovingly with seed.
      Within a week we had hundreds of birds
      taking advantage of the
      continuous flow of free and
      easily accessible food.

But then the birds started
      building nests in the boards
      of the patio, above the table,
      and next to the barbecue.

Then came the crap. It was
      everywhere: on the patio tile,
      the chairs, the table ...
      everywhere!

Then some of the birds
      turned mean. They would
      dive bomb me and try to
      peck me even though I had
      fed them out of my own
      pocket.

And others birds were
      boisterous and loud. They
      sat on the feeder and
      squawked and screamed at
      all hours of the day and night
      and demanded that I fill it
      when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even
      sit on my own back porch
      anymore. So I took down the
      bird feeder and in three days
      the birds were gone. I cleaned
      up their mess and took down
      the many nests they had built
      all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like
      it used to be ..... quiet, serene....
      and no one demanding their
      rights to a free meal.

Now let's see......
      Our government gives out
      free food, subsidized housing,
      free medical care and free
      education, and allows anyone
      born here to be an automatic
      citizen.

Then the illegals came by the
      tens of thousands. Suddenly
      our taxes went up to pay for
      free services; small apartments
      are housing 5 families; you
      have to wait 6 hours to be seen
      by an emergency room doctor;
      Your child's second grade class is
      behind other schools because
      over half the class doesn't speak
      English.

Corn Flakes now come in a
      bilingual box; I have to
      'press one ' to hear my bank
      talk to me in English, and
      people waving flags other
      than ”ours” are
      squawking and screaming
      in the streets, demanding
      more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe
      it's time for the government
      to take down the bird feeder.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Maxine at work once more
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 02:29:47 PM »
This is a really great analogy! Awful....but true!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 09:57:50 PM »
A good first step would be to mandate drug testing to receive benefits, say once every quarter.

Next step would be to institute a policy of say 10 hours of government work a week. Things like picking up trash, cleaning public restrooms, scrubbing graffiti, washing public vehicles like police cars, and the like.

Next step would be reduce food stamps to be used for only a few items.

If there was anyone left after that, then we could get even more creative
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 10:17:19 PM »
Great post Bob!

A good first step would be to mandate drug testing to receive benefits, say once every quarter.

Amen

Next step would be to institute a policy of say 10 hours of government work a week. Things like picking up trash, cleaning public restrooms, scrubbing graffiti, washing public vehicles like police cars, and the like.

Now there's an idea...

Next step would be reduce food stamps to be used for only a few items.

This one irritates me the most... Go into a WalMart or Kroger on the 1st of the month and you see carts FULL of garbage... just junk. Not a shred of nutrition, no produce, no meat, nothing that actually needs to be cooked w/o a microwave. I'm ok with helping people out, heck that's a Christian thing to do... but buying soda pop, chips, ice cream, pizza, candy, etc. isn't helping anyone. I would argue that the big food processors (General Mills, Kraft, Coca Cola, etc) lobby the feds on this very issue. I think food stamps should get you staples. Milk, cheese, meat, produce, juice, spuds, bread, rice, noodles, canned goods... aka INGREDIENTS.

Ok. End rant.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:23:39 PM by Dawg25385 »
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 10:28:13 PM »
When I was still working, we used some of the county jail residents  to pick litter and such. Problem was we had to provide all the safety equipment, and gloves, work boots, and such. Attorney was so afraid one of them would sue us if they got themselves cut on a broken bottle or stuck with a sharp. OK for the road crews to pick litter and be around traffic or needles but have to be so careful with the inmates.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 07:30:07 AM »
Trace it all back to the liberal judges who get appointed by democrats.  They so broadly interpret the ciminals rights that we end up coddling them.  Being in jail and being on food stamps should not afford you the same luxury or lifestyle as the hard working, law abiding American.So remember that when you are electing judges at the local level or electing someone in a position to appoint judges
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 08:46:04 AM »
Trace it all back to the liberal judges who get appointed by democrats.  They so broadly interpret the ciminals rights that we end up coddling them.  Being in jail and being on food stamps should not afford you the same luxury or lifestyle as the hard working, law abiding American.So remember that when you are electing judges at the local level or electing someone in a position to appoint judges
Concur,
You are talking about the loss of the reasonable, and the abandonment of common sense.

Common sense would dictate that you should be willing to do anything to earn money to survive. That in itself should provide a powerful motivator to want to improve oneself. And, if I may be so bold, all jobs aren't all that safe. Mine certainly wasn't, but it had to be done. Picking up trash implies picking up broken bottles. Picking up sharp stuff implies the possibility of getting cut. With me so far?

So that is all reasonable, agree? Getting cut introduces the possibility of getting an infection. So getting an infection could be assumed to be a natural consequence of not having a job and having to survive. So in my "Reasonable-man" view if we have someone who needs treatment for cutting himself while working for the public good, by all means provide the necessary health care, but by no means should a law suit be allowed.

By my reckoning, the out of work person brought it on himself. Just like my flying a helicopter full of soldiers would draw fire from the guys whose a$$ we are about to kick. Stands to reason. If I got shot during that, the government should provide the necessary treatment or burial expenses, but should in no way be liable for some law suit.

THing is, these judges have little if no courage. They can't find it in themselves to say, sorry but if you had finished school and not been arrested 72 times and not been shot by law enforcement in the commission of one of those crimes, then you could be working over at my brothers Chevy dealership. But because of your choices, you are where you are and where you choose to continue to be.

Imagine if men in this nation found their koonahas once again!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 09:38:20 AM »
I have to pass a drug test to get part of my money, they should have to pass one to get the rest of it.

My buddy showed me a posting on facebook where a black guy in Ferguson Mo was holding a sign that said "no mother should have to fear that her son will be shot every time he robs a store."  Says a lot about the entitlement mentality.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 10:56:54 AM »
I have to pass a drug test to get part of my money, they should have to pass one to get the rest of it.

My buddy showed me a posting on facebook where a black guy in Ferguson Mo was holding a sign that said "no mother should have to fear that her son will be shot every time he robs a store."  Says a lot about the entitlement mentality.
Matt,
That photo was manipulated from the original
That message is not true and designed to enrage

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 11:17:53 AM »
Thought it might have been.   It is sad that some truly feel that way but also that there are those who manipulate these situations for personal, financial or political gain to ensure continued strife and unrest.  Like you have heard a politician close to the current occupant of 1600 Penn ave say, never let a tragedy go to waste.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 02:11:58 PM »

In 1990 Massachusetts elected William Weld as our Governor. While he was Governor he passed Welfare reform requiring people who were on Welfare to work in some fashion. The rules were very lenient- people could donate time at not for profits, the could donate time at day care agencies (for the single mommas with 5 kids) etc. but they had to do SOMETHING to get the benefits. Before the law even went into practice the welfare roles in MA were cut in half. HALF!!! Half the people collecting welfare said "oh screw it, I will go get a job". So it was an absolute success.

So fast forward to 2007.... the nitwits in the state elect Obama friend Deval Patrick. One of the first things he did was get rid of the work requirement for welfare....it was "mean" (GIVE ME AN F'ING BREAK!!! What's MEAN is taking money from citizens and just handing it over to people who sit on their ass and do NOTHING!). So now MA is not only not requiring folks to work, with other local states putting limits on different welfare benefits (food stamps etc.) MA is become a magnet state for these layabouts. We take them all in. In MA if you "lose" your food stamps card (they are not "stamps" any more, it is basically a credit card because stamps made people "feel bad" about themselves and gosh knows we can't have "embarrassment" be an incentive to get off the dole!!!) the state just gives you a new one....but worse yet...they don't negate the balance on the old card you lost. So what happens? We see drug dealers getting arrested that are found with (a typical example) a 9mm, $4,000 in cash and 23 EBT cards. Gee....where did the EBT cards come from? And when the few Republicans in the state want to change things they get voted down by the a-hole Democrats that run this state.

Allright....I need to go punch a tree or something.....sheesh. Infuriating doesn't begin to cover the rage I feel at this BS.  >:(

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 05:13:34 PM »
God is likely to come along and set things right there. you might want to consider not being there when he does it!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 05:33:59 PM »
God is likely to come along and set things right there. you might want to consider not being there when he does it!

My plan to leave is FULLY in place....I just have a few things I have to wait for (youngest graduating from HS being the biggest on)...but then hit the execute button and get the he** out.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal