VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Drones, Boats, Flying and Floating Things

salt water boat

(1/18) > >>

Bob Smith:
Well things haven't been a cake walk getting a boat bought and set up. I found one a ferry boat ride and long drive away, but wanted it set up with a few additional items. Things keep popping up and delivery keeps getting pushed back. Latest problem was the main outboard showed up as an electronic control set up instead of old school cable controls. No big deal except it is a 2,000 dollar upgrade. Enough I said, send me back my deposit and I will find something else. Got a call next day that the electric "fly by wire" motor is being installed and the boat should be ready 1st of next week and no additional charge. I know nothing about this dealer, a bit nervous about the whole thing, but just maybe they will be ok. The dealership doesn't have many good reviews but is under new ownership so time will tell. :undecided: :undecided:

stlaser:
Well, that doesn’t sound like fun. Your gut will probably be right, asking for your deposit back that is....

Hope that isn’t the case though.

TexasRedNeck:
I’m gander a guess the actual cost of the upgrade is half, or $1000 and they made the mistake and they can’t send it back so you may be the benefactor if their mistake.

I guess you’ll know when you get to the store and look at the paperwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Smith:
The hardest part of trying to get this deal done is it is too far to drive into the store every time something is going sideways. I think it will be a very long day going over the boat if and when I go to pick it up.

Bob Smith:

Good news, the new boat is sitting in my yard and they didn't jump the price any from the original quote. The big motor even came with a stainless prop. It will be fine till it meets its end on some drift or heaven forbid the bottom. Then it will turn into an aluminum prop if they make them for it.

Yup Nate, two good days in the same week, sold one and bought another. Bad part is it is almost time to put it to bed for the winter unless I tow it to AZ with me for a few months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version