Hello Guest

Author Topic: A little Story...  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
A little Story...
« on: June 01, 2016, 02:15:14 PM »

Little Story Forwarded

In 1991, at the end of Desert Storm, a 19 yr. old US Army Cavalry Scout Private who had just spent 8 months at war sat out on a street at Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia. He sat there on his duffle bag with
his Battalion around him for 4 days waiting for the buses to come and take him to the King Fahad Airport so he could go home.

Unfortunately, the politicians of the day never planned for how to bring so many soldiers home after the war ended so there was a shortage of planes. Politicians are great at talking, but terrible at
doing.

Finally, the buses came, and took the young man to the airport. The planes waiting were from Tower Air. The owner of Tower Air had volunteered his planes and staff to bring soldiers home for the cost
of fuel only.  Happily, the young veteran got home just in time for Easter weekend in 1991, and spent that time emotionally healing with friends and family
surrounding him.

That Private was me.

The Airline owner - Donald J Trump.

That is why I will vote Trump. Loyalty for loyalty, respect for respect. Any questions?

Written by Ron Knouse

He's done so many good things you never hear about. They love to rip him up. What has Hillary ever done?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
Re: A little Story...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 02:31:12 PM »
Great story and one of many that go unheard of!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 02:47:15 PM »
Great story and one of many that go unheard of!
If the truth be known, a couple other great Americans did the same thing
I was a lead pilot for Evergreen Helicopters
Del Smith, the owner and founder was such a man as well.

He also owns a freighter company which operates the 747 and moves a lot of military and civil cargo internationally, and to a lot of contested "Hot" spots.

During the buildup and subsequent withdraw from Desert shield/Storm, he donated the use of his freight line of 747's for no cost for a time. He felt there comes a time when Americans stand up and do what they can to help in a national crisis. He loaned the government 15 747's. It almost ran the company into bankruptcy, but he did it never the less.

While I'm naming names, Ross Perot and Clint Eastwood are men cut from the same bolt of cloth as well. Although I will not mention their contributions, let me say they are men of honor.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 04:19:31 PM »
Great story, Don. I'd heard that Trump did a lot of things like that, unbeknown to the public. Make me like him all the more!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 10:13:11 PM »
Great story, Don. I'd heard that Trump did a lot of things like that, unbeknown to the public. Make me like him all the more!
I wish I could tell everyone what some of these real Americans have done for widows or survivors of some soldiers we lost...Humbling. And they continue in their ways to this day

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 01:40:26 AM »

I have heard this too, along with a few others. ONLY IN AMERICA
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal