Hello Guest

Author Topic: Lights  (Read 6419 times)

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Lights
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:43:09 AM »
Once, I get my laptop all fixed, as to allow me to open photos, I will be posting up a review of different lights available. I will try to get a broad selection of the more commonly used lights and compare/contrast them side by side. Bear with me while I attempt to acquire a few from people I know.

If you know of a light you want to be reviewed that's not on my list, let me know and I'll see what I can do, but no promises. I'll try my best to accommodate everyone's requests, so bear with me. As of now the list is pretty generic, until I get closer to the test.

LIST:
SureFire
Streamlight
Insight
Eagletac

My plans are to do a weapon mounted and handheld light review so I will keep everyone updated. This will be a work in progress, so bear with me and enjoy the ride. As always if you need a question answered, PM me or ask it in here.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:54:20 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Drunksailor

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Lights
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 06:13:04 PM »
Bobby no need for a place holder ill start you off, has anyone dealt with viridian light laser combos at all. they are pretty pricey and nothing like what i play with at work. Just curious if they are as good as they look on paper.
-Seth

“Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself and to American tradition.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 10:09:02 PM »
Bobby no need for a place holder ill start you off, has anyone dealt with viridian light laser combos at all. they are pretty pricey and nothing like what i play with at work. Just curious if they are as good as they look on paper.

That was partially why the place holder. A friend of mine asked me what I thought about such and such light, so my plan is to grab a selection of lights (weapon mountable and handheld) and do a compare/contrast of them.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Drunksailor

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 06:19:43 PM »
I love streamlight products, they have been combat and EDC proven for me in all regards. That being said, as for weapon mounted lights, I have had great luck with surefire products. I love lights, I will put together some pictures and reviews of my trusted illumination devices ASAP!
Sounds great, im getting close to one of those almost home online shopping sprees so i have a Don's garage size pile of boxes to open. If there is anything in particular someone wants tried out i might even be willing to be a ginny-pig on the chance of finding something amazing. Handhelds are great but for the nightstand id like to get a mounted one for the sake of having a free hand to open doors in the house if i need to investigate stuff and things.
-Seth

“Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself and to American tradition.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 11:26:06 AM »
No, I haven't forgotten about this topic, I'm still working on acquiring different lights.

Offline Drunksailor

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 09:54:14 PM »
I went ahead and ordered a viridian light laser combo.....i just couldnt contain myself. When i get back ill put up a review.
-Seth

― George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 11:12:59 PM »
My CZ has a rail waiting for something to be attached to it. Waiting for the review.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 11:18:10 PM »
My CZ has a rail waiting for something to be attached to it. Waiting for the review.

The CZ07? Or whatever it's called? You should do a review on that. I'll do a review this weekend of the lights I already have, just to give everyone something to read and look at.

Offline Drunksailor

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 11:04:54 AM »
Well i did a detour on my way home by some 7,000 miles but its sitting on my desk waiting for a new home so as soon as i get back next month ill let you know how this beast is, just bare with me!
-Seth

― George S. Patton Jr.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 01:40:54 PM »
a detour on my way home by some 7,000 miles

One heck of a detour!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 09:58:40 PM »
Airplanes can do that sort of thing!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 09:48:09 AM »

7,000 miles is a bit past detour, encroaching into new vacation territory!

Offline Drunksailor

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 01:34:26 PM »

7,000 miles is a bit past detour, encroaching into new vacation territory!
Its point of view at that point.
-Seth

― George S. Patton Jr.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 10:05:23 PM »
Bobby, I was a light snob for a few years and wouldn't buy anything that didn't say Surefire on it.  I've tried several others and like Eagletac for some handhelds.  Would like your assessment on that line.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 11:53:45 PM »
Bobby, I was a light snob for a few years and wouldn't buy anything that didn't say Surefire on it.  I've tried several others and like Eagletac for some handhelds.  Would like your assessment on that line.

I'll see what I can do. Never heard of them, but I'll look them up. I'll add it to my list of "find and review"

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 12:16:54 AM »
I've got an eagletac... Would be happy to throw a review up if it's its alright to crash the thread.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 10:40:13 AM »
I've got an eagletac... Would be happy to throw a review up if it's its alright to crash the thread.

Crash away. As much as I'd like to be able to accommodate everyone's review wish, unfortunately I can't. So in the spirit of sharing or making it easier for everyone (you choose) If you have a light you wish to review, feel free to post it up.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 11:04:22 AM »

Write it up in the Weapons section under a new thread
I'm like Charles
Surefire...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 01:09:57 PM »

Write it up in the Weapons section under a new thread
I'm like Charles
Surefire...

If it's weapon mounted, you can put it in this thread. Once I get more organized on my computer, I'll do a table of content.

If it's handheld put it in this thread:
http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=277.0
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 01:12:15 PM by BobbyB »

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 07:30:05 PM »
10-4
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2016, 02:29:28 PM »
So while wandering the interwebz, I saw Streamlight's new offering. Direct competition to the Surefire Scout lights. Comes with a tail clicky, remote pressure switch, retaining clips, double sided tape and zip ties in one package. The prices I've seen around for them is $90-$130ish. Available in April.

Mount 1 uses a single CR123 battery or can work with a single AA, but less light output. Mount 2 just runs with a pair of CR123s.

ProTac mount 1
http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/product/product.html?pid=345

ProTac mount 2
http://www.streamlight.com/pt-br/product/product.html?pid=346
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:32:08 PM by BobbyB »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal