Hello Guest

Author Topic: Sardine Can 9mm $204 delivered  (Read 6285 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Sardine Can 9mm $204 delivered
« on: July 01, 2015, 06:16:06 AM »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sardine Can 9mm $204 delivered
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:02:38 AM »
Good one RN
I'm in
BOOM!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 08:49:33 AM »
so right after the initial push into IRAQ, my unit got sent to the M.O.D. (ministry of defense...think pentagon) in down town Baghdad to remove all of the cached ammo and weapons that were found there.  well there were so many cans of that 9mm and the 7.62 that it took us a week to clean it all up.  so yes that really is how the eastern block countries package their ammo.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 09:00:51 PM »
Yes I buy that for long term storage.  I have lots of 7.62x39 but not much 9mm in cans.  I have lots of wolf 9mm in 50 cal cans with dessicant, but not the same as the sardine can.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 09:25:13 PM »
OK, i took my own medicine.  ordered 6.  I'm sure somewhere BHO is watching me.....

That means there are only about 37 cans left in stock.  Order quick!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 09:45:18 PM »
Tex lol... 5400 rds en route.

NO        BIG        DEAL!
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 10:11:31 PM »
I have a problem and need a support group....

This was just relocating a few boxes.....

most with 1000 in each...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:12:24 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 10:22:15 PM »
so right after the initial push into IRAQ, my unit got sent to the M.O.D. (ministry of defense...think pentagon) in down town Baghdad to remove all of the cached ammo and weapons that were found there.  well there were so many cans of that 9mm and the 7.62 that it took us a week to clean it all up.  so yes that really is how the eastern block countries package their ammo.

Did you guys put it in a hole and light it off?  I love watching those videos....

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 11:21:46 PM »
Nice little collection there RN!
Should cover a day at the range or two.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 08:26:30 AM »

And I thought I had a bunch!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 08:45:55 AM »

Did you guys put it in a hole and light it off?  I love watching those videos....

let me get to work and ill answer that
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 12:43:24 AM »
I, I feel so inferior with just having 2k rounds of 9mm.

The other 35k of assorted helps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not quite up to RN stash. I did just score more 15 50cal cans though as the price has finally gotten reasonable again. 1 can did have 1k of 855 in it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 12:52:51 AM »
Isnt that crazy what 50 cal cans go for?  If we have enough interest I have an account set up with one of the liquidation sites, I could get a pallet of cans and sell for cost.  Let me go on the site and see what the going rate is for a pallet.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 08:30:41 AM »
well the only thing within reasonable driving distance is a lot of 1680 50 cal cans on 16 pallets in OKC.  You guys would have to want a lot of ammo cans....

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 11:00:55 AM »

let me get to work and ill answer that

so I went thru all of my photo albums and I cant find the pics I was looking for that showed all of the cached ammo at the MOD, but I did find a few photos of what we pulled out of the ba'ath party museum that was right across the street from one of saddam's son's palaces (been too long for me to remember which one it belonged to).

it took roughly 100 of these trucks ( https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=hemtt ) 4 months to transport roughly 300 million tons of captured ammo, weapons, etc out of Baghdad to a captured ammo holding area (CAHA).  we pulled everything from SCUD Missile's ( https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=SCUD+missiles+iraq ) to surface to air missile's ( https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=surface+to+air+missile ) to air to air missile's ( https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=air+to+air+missiles ) to 12ga shot gun shells the had "proudly made for his excellency saddam Hussein by Remington".  yeah that last one really happened!

all of this was placed in huge piles out in the middle of the desert, as you can see from the pic below. 

none of this stuff was covered, protected from the elements, shaded, nothing.  well about month 4 everything went BOOM.  I cannot begin to explain the SHOCK and AWE that comes with seeing and feeling most of 300 million tons of ordinance go BOOM.  after the investigation was complete, it was determined that some pineapple grenades or RPG warheads were what started the whole chain reaction.

and here is a photo that I had taken of me and one of my Soldiers along with my NCO and my Platoon Sergeant.  the photo looks orange because it was taken just as a sand storm was finishing.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 02:04:31 PM »

And I thought I had a bunch!
Clearly we are all just rookies. Even collectively.
300 million tons!
Wow!
That would have been quite the little BOOM.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 02:51:23 PM »
Who ended up with the gold plated AK's?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 05:27:58 PM »
the 24k gold plated AK's were counted and double counted and then they were all put into a 52' tractor trailers.  what happened to them after that is beyond me.  those trailers actually had guards 24/7 on them.  I actually cant speak of the stuff that I was able to get home but I can say that this is the actual cleaning kit that goes with those AK's.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 06:40:03 PM »
Shame you all had to destroy that stuff......gold scattered across the desert......ammo that went boom.......such waste!  Shoulda trucked it to the Kurds!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 08:46:08 PM »
you would be surprised if I told you just how much of it was American.............!

remember, we armed saddam back in the late 70's early 80's.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 08:55:04 PM »
In some places we blew up the same type stuff during Desert Storm. There was also stupid amounts of US money we found at first along with everything else.  The first day we were at the airport in bagdahd. We feasted on exotic animals that were at the palace.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:58:30 PM by Atkinsmatt »
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 11:53:56 PM »
and then there were the dudes that got caught stealing all that money from saddams palace

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 10:42:57 AM »
and then there were the dudes that got caught stealing all that money from saddams palace
Not stealing, Nate
Re-purposing
OK, I'll be honest here
If I could have grabbed one of those pallets of U.S. daddy warbucks, I'd have tossed it in my helichopter faster than you can say "Obama's gay."

I'd use that to buy every dam thing a wounded brother ever needed and do it secretly. To hell with the VA, I'd build homes, buy legs, cars and everything else and leave them for deserving folks everywhere. I'd do it in a heartbeat!

OK, I'm done confessing...

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 11:21:04 AM »
Your rig would have carried a lot more than just one pallet.  And you would not have the waste, graft, and corruption that reduces the net effect on the deserving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 04:24:09 PM »
I like the MP5, shame about the rest and how our Gov takes cares of the men who take care of us.

Pops told me he got an AK all the way into San Diego harbor before he got scared and dumped it.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 07:49:11 PM »
Think of all the red tape cut.  All of the government workers in the soup line.  That would be a good start.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 01:29:45 AM »
300 million tons.....wow. That's a bunch. Even tho I made a low grade in math, I still know that that's a big number.
How many gold plated guns were there, roughly? It looked like a stack of them in that pic.
Were those Diskas in the pics....the ones the guys were holding all Rambo-like?
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2015, 08:30:13 AM »
at one point ken, I saw 2 52' trailers side by side, both of them were at least 3/4 full and that was what those AK's were being thrown into. 

those were not DShK machine guns ( https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=dshk )

those were PKM machine guns ( https://www.google.com/search?q=pkm+machine+gun&biw=1148&bih=673&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0CAUQ_AUoAGoVChMIkuHyh__DxgIVjxOSCh3MPwCQ&dpr=1 )

the DShK is a heavy machine gun like the .50 cal and the PKM is a light machine gun like the M240 series machine guns
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 08:31:37 AM by nmeyer414 »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2015, 10:48:13 AM »
Dangit, got those confused. I meant PKMs.

....2 trailer fulls.....that's a lot of gold.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 04:32:26 PM »
Thats a pretty good deal. I can't believe they can ship that for $16.......

Offline rasimmo

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:04:18 AM by rasimmo »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 09:09:53 PM »
ammo fairy stopped by

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 09:16:31 PM »
Nice!
I'm not sure that you have enough though. Lol.
And that was pretty quick too.
That stuff will continue to keep great for years to come.
The benefit of the sardine can.
Sam

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal