Hello Guest

Author Topic: Ruger break-down .22  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Ruger break-down .22
« on: September 16, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »
FYI folks, I was talking to brother Holton about getting the little rangers guns for Christmas. I suggested M4's th which, well saying it mildly, Holton our Marine disagreed. Now I have learned to trust Marines on all things gun. So this MArine says get them Ruger 10-22's.
He sends me some links
I get to lookin
Next few days I'm down at the gun shop. The guy there says I get $269 for a wood stock one and they are drying up! He says I only have one. So me thinks, hmmm, better act quickly so I bought it. But that left one Ranger out in the cold. So I purchased him a hunters series Marlin .22...nice gun.
Then Holton sends me this pic of a new breakdown 10-22 which actually breaks down to 2 short pieces!
Hmmm, this was supposed to be about the boys, but Holton infected me. This morning my buddy teh black hawk pilot calls and says Dick's sporting goods is running a sale on ruger 10-22's! They are only $180 ea!
So I rush over there and snag one up.
Great both Rangers now have their proper squirrel assault rifles! Then I get the idea of giving the Marlin to momma! She would like to kill tree rats as well. WHile there at Dicks, I mention I might order one of those break down 10-22's in the future. The sales guy asks if I want to see one?
You have one? Yes sir, I actually have 2!
So he shows me the one and weakness overcomes me. I start shaking and talking irrationally. SOmewhere in the dribble that followed I mush have said I'll take it, but I know I did not do that from any conscious state, or any other state in the country for that matter!
Anyway here it is on my floor.
Thanks Holton, now I have 2 Ruger 10-22's

So, now you have to help me with the optics!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ruger break-down .22
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 02:54:20 AM »
No man that owns a gun does not have a 10/22. I sure wish they made it in a 22 WMR.

Dad got me one, I have his Marlin and I got a Henry Jr and a SW 22/15 for my boys and girl.

Nice score Don.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ruger break-down .22
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 01:55:11 PM »
I like it
As you know the gun has gotten some improvements
They will show up here when I find that file
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren