Hello Guest

Author Topic: Republican Debate  (Read 2135 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Republican Debate
« on: November 10, 2015, 10:54:42 PM »
Watching the debate.  What's with these clowns like Kasich and Fiorina and a few others totally ignoring the time requirements and interrupting other candidates.  And Kasich not answering the specific question, but rambling about everything else.  And by the way Kasich, I heard you the first 3000 times.  You balanced the budget when in Washington...move on.

Cruz and Carson seem to be better at getting their points across and respecting the time limits everyone agreed to.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Republican Debate
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 11:38:00 PM »
No Media should run the debates, period. They should be run by the party(s) and invite the media to cover it.

Letting them decide where, who, when or the questions in STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 11:52:03 PM »
Kasich was really pissing me off...

Even my wife, who doesn't pay attention to politics at all and was on the laptop while I was watching piped up and said "would this guy shut up already?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 12:03:58 AM »
Sooner 5-6 drop out the better.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 12:56:17 AM »
Kasich is done.  Bet he goes below 1% in the next poll.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 11:50:17 AM »
I feel pretty strongly now that Rubio will be the nominee, especially after Jeb folds and all the donors switch to Rubio.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 01:18:14 PM »
My preference is still Carson or Trump- tired of career politicians and their "backscratching" at the publics expense.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 07:29:52 PM »
I'm with Mikey here
Trump/Carson
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 07:54:51 PM »
I appreciate the "outsider" sentiment, however reading stats and briefings does not make one ready to lead in foreign policy or the economy.  Cruz is as close as you'll get to an outsider that can actually work the machine immediately.

As a freshman senator, he blew off the hundreds of years of "gentleman's rules" and refused to stay silent and respect the elders.  He called McConnel a liar flat out and challenged many others.  Remember that he and Rand Paul were the only ones to push for repeal of Obamacare and filibuster the NSA authorization to collect data in the Patriot act.

He's not a pretty and smooth as Rubio but he's the real deal conservative unlike Rubio who led the gang of eight to create amnesty.

Remember at this point in the cycle in 2008, Hillary led BHO by 30 points, and in 2000, Howard Dean was the leading candidate over Kerry.

I'll make a prediction.  Huckabee, Christie, Jindal, Paul, Kasich, Bush and others will drop out.  Carson and Trump will fade and Cruz and Rubio will rise to the top for the primaries.

Cruz will lose because the media will see him as a real threat and Rubio as the lesser of evil who can be made to go along.

Rubio will run against Joe Biden.

Because Hillary will be under indictment and Joe looks like the hero because he backed out and didnt challenge Hillary while drawing sympathy from the death of his son.  He will reluctantly enter the race to preserve the party and take one for the team.

Rubio will be the next president and our out of control spending will slow but not appreciably and our kids will be bankrupt just a little later than under the dems.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 08:22:52 PM »
Depressing!

After reading that, I'm considering suicide!

I need some happy thoughts

Ah just had one

Hillary in jail!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 08:33:35 PM »
Depressing!

D2 running under its own power?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 08:40:37 PM »
Hillary in jail would be good.

I agree, Rubio is not my guy. Rand is.

But Rubio will be the nominee, I'm convinced. And as much as I'd like to think it won't be Hillary on the other side, I'm not convinced she's going to be seriously prosecuted. Something would have happened by now. Honestly I think the biggest risk to her is Bill's sex romps in South America that the media hasn't picked up yet.

Trump... I know people here like him, but he will fade. He hasn't said anything new in months. "Trust me" and "believe me" aren't convincing enough. Didn't you see Rand call him out like a boss for ranting about China in the TPP? Sorry, that's like a Palin lack of knowledge on global policy. One dumb move like that against Hillary and it'd be over.

Carson I like, but he too hasn't given me reason to believe he'd be a good president. Typically doctors aren't good managers, so that concerns me a bit.

Anyway, fun times.

NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 08:44:19 PM »
Depressing!

Not yet

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 08:48:54 PM »
Rand Paul (My Senator) is total Libertarian

That's not a bad thing, but too much on the hands off side.

Isolationism doesn't work. Keep in the mix and keep your enemies close at hand is a necessary (Evil) fact of modern politics

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 08:54:49 PM »
He made a great point last night... You can't call yourself a conservative if you continue spending money (in this case on more military spending) you  don't have or can't afford. Which is the position we're in.... Broke as a joke.

NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 09:06:16 PM »
Depressing!

Not yet

I meant it as a happy thought.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal