Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1369616 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3000 on: March 16, 2017, 07:35:46 PM »
Packing up for second trip to Dresden, OH in a week - playing with the young dog at a Field Trial and then over near WV and PA line for another Championship.  Hoping to avoid any canoes and banjo music.......clear liquor is ok though!  :laugh:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: March 16, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »
Packing up for second trip to Dresden, OH in a week - playing with the young dog at a Field Trial and then over near WV and PA line for another Championship.  Hoping to avoid any canoes and banjo music.......clear liquor is ok though!  :laugh:
Oh, that stuff is around!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: March 16, 2017, 08:39:21 PM »
Yeah that would keep the cats skittish for sure. Dunno if I told this but it was worth the laugh. My neighbor who's a total crunchy liberal type who works at a college (still....yes STILL has a Bernie sign out ha....he's a glutton for punishment). Anyway....he has a cat that occasionally gets out when it's not supposed to and he has to search high and far for it (my attitude would be "hey... you ran out....I'll open the door when you come back but I'm not trying to coax you out of a tree in the middle of the night with treats"....sorry....dot'ing my own dot! Yeesh)....anyway....over their house a while back....he's holding the cat....patting it etc etc... I remembered something....I have a new predator app on my phone....so I said to myself "I wonder if this thing works" I pulled my phone out fired up the app and hit coyote call....oh yeah....it works...my neighbor was holding the cat up by his shoulders near his head and that cat went into full on panic mode in 0.0002 seconds....claws out climbing his face like a pine tree. He of course was panicked trying to hold the cat who was shredding his face. I just said "wow....this thing does work!" Hahaha. Damn that was funny. For some reason he didn't agree. No sense of humor on some people..... :rolleyes:

:grin:
That is funny. Better with video. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: March 16, 2017, 08:55:58 PM »
Wow. You some funny people.

Today I poured more footings and then went to a drive through safari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: March 16, 2017, 08:57:31 PM »

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3005 on: March 16, 2017, 11:08:13 PM »
Assembled.
and don't judge me of the messy garage.  Momma has taken over with strollers and wagons and paint projects
Have you guys heard of that movie sisterhood of the traveling pants? Real man of the traveling smoker right EL TATE?

I want a locker for my truck but can't afford it now.  To much meat to buy

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:09:31 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: March 17, 2017, 08:31:41 AM »
Nice Dave. Look for a downdraft hood for it. Keeps more smoke in the chamber.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3007 on: March 17, 2017, 09:14:18 AM »
Down draft hood?

Like the magnetic covers that provide insulation ?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:14:54 AM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: March 17, 2017, 11:47:47 AM »
Assembled.
and don't judge me of the messy garage.  Momma has taken over with strollers and wagons and paint projects
Have you guys heard of that movie sisterhood of the traveling pants? Real man of the traveling smoker right EL TATE?

I want a locker for my truck but can't afford it now.  To much meat to buy

Hey, you guys are listed as a wholesale account in my system; how you divvy up the prize is up to y'all, lol.

Nice addition there Dave, have fun!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: March 17, 2017, 01:39:33 PM »
Tonight is our youngest child's Sweet 16 party...... I'm scared...... :shocked:

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: March 17, 2017, 02:19:59 PM »
My 14 year old is to smart for her/my own good.

Good luck!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: March 17, 2017, 02:29:23 PM »
Tonight is our youngest child's Sweet 16 party...... I'm scared...... :shocked:
You'll do just fine! 

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: March 17, 2017, 08:37:58 PM »
Did some work for a friend over the last couple weeks, got this today....

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: March 17, 2017, 10:44:12 PM »

Been shopping around for a couple of them. If you don't .mind me asking how much did you pay? We were were quoted 2k for a 20 footer. Delivered.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: March 18, 2017, 08:08:59 AM »

Got a big dumpster and cleaned this mess. Got a lot done in this house but there is a lot to do yet. Next the basement. It's not quite as bad as the garage. But it's bigger.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: March 18, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »
Wow, Jon, that's nice of you to help JR clean out his garage. :pokeJRintheeye

..I gave 1800 a piece for 2-20 footers, and that was from a friend. 2000 delivered sounds reasonable, if they're not rusted out. imo
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: March 18, 2017, 03:20:18 PM »
washed the dually.  cleaned up the shop a bit and parked the LB7 indoors for a change.  policed brass on the new range. Sprayed some organic pest control on the  new plants in the garden.  On my way to the rodeo to see Willie Nelson  :thumb  Gonna Uber it since I have a pocket full of free drink tickets.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: March 18, 2017, 03:48:57 PM »
If I had a spot I would love a container.

Garage, well I can see a lot more of it but my time is so broken up its hard to finish.

Plus I keep getting more stuff!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: March 18, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »
I have the same problem with getting stuff. When will it end!

Be safe Charles, and have one for me. Sounds like a hoot.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: March 18, 2017, 06:56:39 PM »
Well we survived the Sweet 16 party. It all went well. Kids were well behaved....no idiot kids showed up which was good. My daughter had a blast. 8 of her friends then slept over in the cellar last night. They were none too happy when the contractors started this AM at 8 getting the floor ready for tile (laying hardy board).  :grin: It was NOISE-ZEE! The fact that they got to bed about 3 did not help I am sure.

We're redoing just about everything in the house. It will be nice when its done but dang....feels like camping. At least we have a sink in the kitchen now. Small steps....small steps....ha 

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: March 19, 2017, 11:17:15 PM »
Made it home today. Man do we have some snow!
I'll post up some pics once I transfer them. Might be a while, home today, leaving for city in the am.
Then off to Europe for a tour with the school, visiting Vimy ridge, Juno beach and a few others.

I've never seen the mess of snow we have. Average of three feet of powder, five was common.
All pulling big sleighs, and we got stuck!
Was a ton of work but a hoot.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: March 20, 2017, 11:01:28 AM »

Been shopping around for a couple of them. If you don't .mind me asking how much did you pay? We were were quoted 2k for a 20 footer. Delivered.

So, the container I got is called a One trip container, which means it is basically brand new. With that it has all kinds of fancy new container niceties, such as extended levers to unlock the doors, grease zeros in the hinges, and built in lock boxes on the doors and is in very good condition over all. It also has doors on both ends. All that being said, this one was 3500 delivered. Seems steep I know, but come to find out this shop where this box and a 40' were bought at the same day (my friend bought him and his wife's 40') it is actually a very good deal.

The guy who delivered it delivers containers that are sold in town locally, not in Tucson where this one was purchased and delivered the 63 miles to my house, made a comment about how we got a steal considering the shape and the features of the container. Apparently the used ones here locally start at 2800 in rough condition and go up from there. This box would have been closer to 4, and is near that with out delivery at the other Tucson containers sales.

Friend paid 3800 for his 40', which in that 3800 is included all the rust ground off the dents smashed out, and an inside outside three coat paint job.

Your probably wondering why I didn't go with a 40' as it would have been near the same price..... I can't personally move a 40' unless I had a big honkin trailer.... basically a semi. Cause once the 40' is loaded it would wheigh upwards of 20k, and I'm not comfortable pulling that plus a 34-40' trailer behind a 3/4 ton truck.  The 20' on the other hand, obviously, less trailer and less weight. I'm guessing once loaded I'll be in at the 18-20k including the trailer, and maybe as
Low as 15.

Hope this helps.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: March 20, 2017, 10:33:56 PM »
Whatcha gonna use it for? Storage at a hide site? I have a brand new right in my front yard right now for storing stuff from the house while work is being done. I think it would make a great storage for a property and could be converted to a not so bad camp if you wanted to.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: March 21, 2017, 09:57:16 PM »
Whatcha gonna use it for? Storage at a hide site? I have a brand new right in my front yard right now for storing stuff from the house while work is being done. I think it would make a great storage for a property and could be converted to a not so bad camp if you wanted to.

So my wife and I move frequently, about every two or three years and there is a possible move coming up in the near future. So initially it will be used as a moving container. But it will also be used as a shed and or shop once we move again. And connex boxes are used in places in Iraq and afghanistan as sleeping containers. One place I was at had four to six guys sleeping in one. So yea they can easily be converted to a camp of sorts.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: March 21, 2017, 10:04:32 PM »
Gotcha. I have to believe that will be perfect for that. Good luck!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: March 21, 2017, 10:19:45 PM »

So my wife and I move frequently, about every two or three years and there is a possible move coming up in the near future. So initially it will be used as a moving container. But it will also be used as a shed and or shop once we move again. And connex boxes are used in places in Iraq and afghanistan as sleeping containers. One place I was at had four to six guys sleeping in one. So yea they can easily be converted to a camp of sorts.

Me too...Lived in one in Kirkuk, Iraq

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: March 22, 2017, 07:33:50 AM »
Got home from Ohio yesterday. Got the triler unloaded. Still exhausted. Dog killed 2 chickens while we were gone. Several others are missing feathers. So were going to build a pen for her. A big 80x 20 pen along side the shop. The dog can be penned up during the day when the chickens are out. I will turn her loose at night after I lock up the chickens.  She chases cars and has almost caused several accidents. We have to chain her up cert in times of the year because of all the traffic anyway.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: March 22, 2017, 09:57:20 AM »
What about an underground fence for the dog and s pen for the chickens? The dog will keep (most) predators away and the underground fence will keep him out of the road. Our dog chases cars but it's from 10 feet off the road with the fence.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: March 22, 2017, 07:46:21 PM »
What about an underground fence for the dog and s pen for the chickens? The dog will keep (most) predators away and the underground fence will keep him out of the road. Our dog chases cars but it's from 10 feet off the road with the fence.
Dogs that are storing headed can run through those types of fences. Not saying all will or do but I have seen it. The other problem is your dog is trapped while other harmful things can still come in

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: March 22, 2017, 08:00:41 PM »
My sister has a German Shepard and he has electric fences figured out. He know it'll bite but he also knows it doesn't last long if he's balls to the wall when he get to the perimeter.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: March 22, 2017, 08:32:20 PM »
I free range chickens. But, when I get the garden going I will have to keep them pened up or they will eat everything. So its kind of a trade off who gets to run free and when. Becides that the dog pen is going to be 80x30 so she will have more than plenty of room and she will be out every night. Tonight they put themselves away by 5 so I shut the door and turned the dog loose.
Speaking of chickens.....I stopped in at tractor supply and they have a sale. 50 cents apiece. So I got 30 more. Most of them will be butchered.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: March 23, 2017, 11:06:44 AM »
I have this guy, http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=1108&cmpid=01cseYY&ref=6191&subref=AA&cmpid=PLA_G_6191&gclid=CLGwzfry7NICFdKEfgodUbIPxQ
works perfectly as it continually zaps them until they return to the range of the unit. it can be adjusted from 90 ft radius to 10 ft with a dial. we take it camping too and it works great for the campsite so he doesn't tangle stuff up with a rope. Batteries go fast if they constantly walk the border though which he did at first to find the "beep" areas, but after a couple high level zaps, he doesn't even try anymore.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 11:07:23 AM by EL TATE »

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: March 23, 2017, 11:37:10 AM »
Setting in the airport today...
Plane is late, maintenance issue, so I'm good with that.

On my way to Europe.
Berlin, Amsterdam, Juno beach, Vimy ridge, Paris, London.
Looking forward to it...just need the terrorists to do some practice suicide stuff to weed them down some.

Not sure how often I'll be on for the next couple weeks.
Will depend on he cost of the SIM card and data plan.
I'll get some wifi I'm sure but not counting on it too much.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: March 23, 2017, 11:43:15 AM »
Have fun, stay safe Sam.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: March 23, 2017, 11:50:41 AM »
Have fun, stay safe Sam.
Will do my best.
Really looking foreword to these places where real 'real men' gave their all.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: March 23, 2017, 11:58:40 AM »
Have fun, stay safe Sam.
Will do my best.
Really looking foreword to these places where real 'real men' gave their all.
Have a great visit to that hallowed ground!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: March 23, 2017, 12:01:28 PM »
Have fun, stay safe Sam.

Ditto this^^^. My Mom went to see the beaches in Normandy where her brother landed. She said as she stood there she could hear the guns blasting. And my Mom's basically a hippy pacifist. For her to say that told me a lot about how powerful a moment it was for her. Best wishes on a great trip.

For the dog fence we have this one:

http://www.dogwatch.com

It ups the strength if she tests it....and I can adjust the strength and the distance down to about 5 feet or so (I think a lot of versions do this).

Shepherds are babies compared to say Huskies or something similar so she doesn't run through it. As long as the fenced space goes past the chicken run then predators couldn't get to them without the dog knowing and being able to get to them. We have our entire yard fenced so she has full run of the property.

Also they cover almost any damage. We had a lightning strike a tree near us....burned up a bunch of line (just in spots) and blew the controller off the wall. The dogwatch guy came out and replaced it all no charge. This is the only brand our trainer recommends. Not that it means it's the best but we've had success with it.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: March 23, 2017, 01:35:26 PM »
I have this guy, http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=1108&cmpid=01cseYY&ref=6191&subref=AA&cmpid=PLA_G_6191&gclid=CLGwzfry7NICFdKEfgodUbIPxQ
works perfectly as it continually zaps them until they return to the range of the unit. it can be adjusted from 90 ft radius to 10 ft with a dial. we take it camping too and it works great for the campsite so he doesn't tangle stuff up with a rope. Batteries go fast if they constantly walk the border though which he did at first to find the "beep" areas, but after a couple high level zaps, he doesn't even try anymore.
Thats pretty neat I like that.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: March 23, 2017, 01:48:09 PM »
you can get two transmitters and double the range too. haven't had the need though, but I like that it can't be charged out of like a buried line. you're out of signal range, you're getting zapped.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: March 23, 2017, 08:50:23 PM »
Whelp, it's been a long day already.
Just got into the 777-300 for the flight across the pond.
Man these are big birds...
Sam

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: March 23, 2017, 09:08:39 PM »

Built a 12x12 pole shed for my brothers jack asses. Put the poles in yesterday afternoon. Knocked out the rest today.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: March 24, 2017, 08:19:17 AM »
My first German Shepherd would stand over the in-ground fence and just get shocked, he didn't care.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: March 24, 2017, 12:20:47 PM »
Whelp, it's been a long day already.
Just got into the 777-300 for the flight across the pond.
Man these are big birds...

I know you're head's on a swivel, but that bridge BS yesterday had me thinkin of you and your family. prayers sent.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: March 24, 2017, 01:59:31 PM »
I passed this on my way home from the store.  Stopped and looked. Wow my truck must be worth 50k.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: March 24, 2017, 02:01:24 PM »
24k gold plated cup holders up the resale value, lol

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: March 24, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »

Lets all give him a call for fun,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: March 24, 2017, 03:58:36 PM »
I passed this on my way home from the store.  Stopped and looked. Wow my truck must be worth 50k.

"Taken care of buy..."  *smh*
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: March 24, 2017, 05:29:28 PM »
subliminal messaging :rolleyes:

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: March 24, 2017, 06:19:53 PM »
It's probably some good ol boy.   It's fully loaded with cloth seats and seat covers too. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal