Hello Guest

Author Topic: ICBAGVSD  (Read 940 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
ICBAGVSD
« on: May 23, 2016, 07:09:21 PM »
I'll put it here, if the consensus this belongs in faith or somewhere else please move it where you think it belongs.....

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2016/05/22/irrational-christian-bias-against-guns-violence-and-self-defense/
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ICBAGVSD
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 09:36:57 AM »
Wow. The stupid is strong with some.

There are no contradictions in His word. Only our earthly inability to discern it. OT and NT harmonize.

When He says I am the Lord God and I changeth not He means it.

The Hebrew word used in the OT that is translated "kill" in the commandments is actually a word that means murder. Huge difference in meaning since the death penalty is prescribed and requires in many instances set forth.

Capital punishment and self defense is absolutely biblical.

He makes some valid points about training but an earthly argument does not preclude the scripture. In fact He tells us that if man's law conflicts with His law, you are to follow His and endure the consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:39:06 AM »
I apologize. I should not have said stupid. It's either a lack of enlightenment by the Holy Spirit who teaches, or a false believer and the truth is not in him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 10:27:39 AM »
I believe a lot of the contradictions come from using the Old & New Testament together. God in the Old Testament was a God of death, in the new he is offering us eternal life. I agree a lot of our troubles come from the fact God's thinking is way above our capacity.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 02:36:18 PM »
great article. I wish I could quote more of these types of things accurately. I have some work to do.  :-[

But it makes so much sense. More than the idea of just "giving yourself up to criminals". Thank you for posting this!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 05:13:37 PM »
Good article! It is amazing the lengths the sheep will go to denounce the defenders of the flock. In my experience, those who are willing to lay down their lives, waging war in order to protect/defend their fellow man, appreciate peace more than any peacenik has the capacity to.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal