Hello Guest

Author Topic: Memorial Day  (Read 2881 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Memorial Day
« on: May 26, 2017, 04:49:18 PM »
Saw this on the Black Rifle Coffee Blog:

https://blog.blackriflecoffee.com/dont-resent-neighbors-memorial-day/?utm_campaign=Memorial+Day+%28KKAibe%29&utm_medium=email&_ke=Y3VkYWtpZGQ1M0BhdHQubmV0&utm_source=Black+Rifle+Coffee+Company+Newsletter

For all of you who've served and know first hand the loss of comrades in arms, I thank you for your service and sacrifice on behalf of the ignorant masses who are coddled and blessed with the blanket of freedom and safety that you and your fallen brethren have provided for us all.  From those of us who are not as ignorant of your comrades "gave all" sacrifice and you and your family's selfless sacrifices, you have our thanks, our gratitude and an acknowledgement of a debt that we will NEVER be able to repay.  You walk humbly and often anonymously in our midst, yet know that we value you and your service and hold you in high esteem and you have a place in the secret corners of our hearts that brings "manly men" of conscience to well with tears of pride and empathy for all that you and your brethren have done seen and endured on our behalf.

Not all of us mindlessly grill, drink and revel in oblivion to what Memorial Day is all about.  I've been to the site in Pennsylvania where the widows of fallen Civil War Veterans started the observance of the day, memorialized in Bronze, the statues lay flowers and weep for the waves of the fallen.  It's quite sobering to know that the majority of the male population in that community gave all in the hope of preserving the Union.

To you and the fallen of past, present and future, thank you and your families for the price paid for our freedoms.

God Bless you all and this Country; may it be great again!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 05:32:14 PM »
Well said Mike!
Y'all enjoy the holiday and remember what it means as Mike does, and probably all on here.
Our long weekend was last weekend, not for the same reason.

And I'll send a thanks to all the brothers in arms in our great nations.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Online Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 08:09:47 PM »
Thank you Sir....Well said.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 10:18:06 PM »
 My family and I will thinking and thanking all that served and paid the ultimate price for us. We also thank you that felt the call and served your country in any manner. I grew up in the Vietnam era and was just too young for draft and then didn't enlist when I was old enough. A shameful period for many non military citizens of the USA.

Not that I would know but I hope it is much better today but still not enough.

Thank you all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 10:44:15 PM »
Well said Mike!
Y'all enjoy the holiday and remember what it means as Mike does, and probably all on here.
Our long weekend was last weekend, not for the same reason.

And I'll send a thanks to all the brothers in arms in our great nations.
And to our brothers in arms in the Canada

Thanks to you as well, and to the family members who lost so much.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 02:30:04 AM »
Here, Here.

Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 09:31:32 AM »
So well said.

Offline South_GA_redneck

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 11:52:20 AM »
I'd like to thank all the brave men and women that have served this great nation.  You have my utmost respect.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 04:49:56 PM »
We have Fiesta Days this weekend so busy.

Daughter is in the marching band (flute) and son helped at a local memorial with scouts.

Best speaker was gold star father Patrick Shehan, who's son Casey Shehan was lost in 2004. I bring this up as Casey was an Eagle Scout in our Troop 180. (yes that Shehan family)

We also have this 10 miles from our home; https://www.cem.va.gov/CEM/cems/nchp/sacramento.asp
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 08:35:04 PM »
It seems that throughout history, the populous gets fat and happy and lazy and then the enemy at the gate strikes.  I fear we are close to that time again. Very few REALLY see the existential threat or appreciate the men and women who go where death is required to preserve freedom.  I am grateful for all those who heeded the call and paid the ultimate price. May it never be in vain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal