Hello Guest

Author Topic: Our President has a heart for America's Military  (Read 565 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Our President has a heart for America's Military
« on: July 12, 2017, 03:58:30 PM »
YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS PHOTO OR THIS STORY ON NETWORK TV AFTER MEMORIAL DAY

BY: JOSEPH CURL, THE DAILY WIRE
MAY 30, 2017

President Trump on Monday marked his first Memorial Day as commander in chief, heading to Arlington National Cemetery through the throngs of motorcycles participating in Rolling Thunder to place a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
The large audience packed into the cemetery’s amphitheater cheered when Trump was introduced, and the president delivered a powerful tribute to Americas fallen service members, calling them angels sent to us by God.

To every Gold Star family, God is with you, and your loved ones are with him, Trump said. They died in wars so that we could live in peace. Every time you see the sun rise over this blessed land, please know your brave sons and daughters pushed away the night and delivered for us all that great and glorious dawn.
Of course, you wouldn't know that Trump did that if you looked at the top newspapers in the country.
In fact, you wouldn't even know that Monday was Memorial Day, or that nearly every town across the United States held a parade to honor America's troops.

The New York Times didn't have anything on its front page about Memorial Day.

It used a small teaser box at the bottom left corner to tout a story about "a soccer star's farewell to A.S. Roma," whatever that is.
Not a word or a picture dedicated to America's military branches and their sacrifice.
The Washington Post front page was full of anti-Trump stories, "Serving Intelligence to Trump in Small Bites" and "Budget Would Cut Civil Rights Position," to name a few.
And the main art showed a factory in Kentucky, not Trump or America's veterans.
The paper, whose new motto is "Democracy Dies in Darkness," did feature one tiny picture at the bottom of the page with a referral to the Metro page for a story about Memorial Day, but no mention or photo of Trump.
Only USA Today, among the country's biggest papers, featured a shot of Trump laying the wreath, with a reference to an inside story and more pictures.
But here's the shot that, had former president Barack Obama done it, would've put him on every front page across the country.
Since it was Trump, though, the country's liberal papers decided not to print it.

The boy's name is Christian Jacobs, 6, and he's dressed like a Marine because his father, Marine Sgt. Christopher Jacobs, was killed during a training accident in California in 2011.
A great picture of America's president on Memorial Day.Â
And every newspaper that didn't run it -- for purely partisan reasons -- ought to be ashamed.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Our President has a heart for America's Military
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 06:04:57 PM »
I've read about that little boy and saw an interview with his Mom on Fox. Very cool.

One of the most telling things for me as far as the difference between Trump and Obama (besides the obvious list which could go to hundreds of pages) was when Trump got on Marine One the other day and the hat of one of the Marine's guarding the chopper blew off. Trump went and got it, put it on his head, it blew off again and Trump went to get it again. He ended up letting the General or whoever he was walking with get it but I just could not EVER imagine Obama doing something like that. I could totally see George W doing that too. But Obama and his half-assed dismissive salutes to guys who swore to protect him used to turn my stomach. SO glad I never have to watch that crap any more.

Here's a clip of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waDiZR9gZ-8

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:37:36 PM »
actually I saw this story on foxnews.com

I even saw this on the fake news networks:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/07/09/mobile-donald-trump-retrieves-marine-hat.cnn
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 04:08:03 PM »
I posted that very photo in another thread after reading the story.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal