Hello Guest

Author Topic: Nobody has a "Right" to serve in the military!  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Nobody has a "Right" to serve in the military!
« on: July 31, 2017, 09:32:48 PM »
Who came up with the idea that we were equal opportunity employers?

One word

WRONG!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody has a "Right" to serve in the military!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 10:34:48 PM »
So...when did they forget about this...
As it is very correct.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 10:46:00 PM »
So...when did they forget about this...
As it is very correct.
When a traitor was elected some years ago.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 12:24:31 AM »
Some people think everything is a "right" nowadays. Cell phones, wifi, nice cars, name brand this and that. It's out of control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 08:08:21 AM »
only in america can we have poverty with cell phones, flat screen, wi fi and fat people.

It used to be easy to pick out poor people....they were skinny.

Why don't we have a "special unit" for all those "I have a right to be in the military".  No hard training regimen, no discriminatory physical stamina requirements, etc.  Then we send them in to combat first to "size up the enemy"  and save our real warriors for the tough bad guys.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 10:49:47 AM »
only in america can we have poverty with cell phones, flat screen, wi fi and fat people.

It used to be easy to pick out poor people....they were skinny.

Why don't we have a "special unit" for all those "I have a right to be in the military".  No hard training regimen, no discriminatory physical stamina requirements, etc.  Then we send them in to combat first to "size up the enemy"  and save our real warriors for the tough bad guys.
I like this idea!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 10:52:35 AM »

This is a great idea!
 :likebutton:
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 12:45:44 PM »
So, sadly I am all too familiar with both sides of this, personally!

First, five years ago and about 18 months after I transitioned out of the Marine Corps I had a great recruiter (my wife) who had a great senior recruiter in her office. They both went to every length to get me into the Army to the point her senior recruiter made some phone calls and got me an interview with a CW4 from 160th. Everything was going great and lining up perfectly..... until exclusion came.

Although I am perfectly fit for duty in every regard I got a DUI while I was in the Marine Corps (long story, call me if you want to hear about it).

Well the army, or rather the one who destroyed our military was cutting back HARD, and if you were prior service with a DUI, you were unacceptable, yet two years later if I was mentally deranged and said I wanted to be a lady and wear high heels and join the Army they wouldn't have had a problem with it. Even now, recruiters are fighting this issue.

My wife and I took it as a God saying this is not for you My child, so we moved on.

Now fast forward to today, again looking at getting in, it is kind of doable just some leg work required.

All while my wife still serves, and leads a platoon of about 120-150 kids depending on the class, currently she has 130ish.

So, what does that have to do with the exclusion/right dilemma? Well, these kids expect an easy ride, things to be handed to them, everything they want is believed by them to be a right, which none of it is. The army has regulations regarding all things in AIT, but still these kids think they are always right no matter what and come from the put it in my hand generation rather than pick it up themselves.

It is truly appalling, I could go on and on about the new enlistees but I will refrain to keep everyone's blood pressure from spiking, to include mine!

Now to those who have earned the ability to serve, may God shield them and make their decision swift and their aim on point.

Rant off, sorry for the novel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 02:04:09 PM »
Dang Wyo, when I read that first sentence "I transitioned" I thought you were going down a different path with your story. lol

We know what you're talking about. Mr. Nate mentioned it multiple times on here. I imagine that his heart rate has dropped considerably since leaving the service...at least when it comes to those little heathens.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 09:04:19 PM »
Dang Wyo, when I read that first sentence "I transitioned" I thought you were going down a different path with your story. lol

We know what you're talking about. Mr. Nate mentioned it multiple times on here. I imagine that his heart rate has dropped considerably since leaving the service...at least when it comes to those little heathens.

That's too funny. Never even thought about that, but when getting out we go through this class and they teach you to use "transition" vs separated or get out, because it's difficult to fully separate yourself from the military, especially when the HH6 does it every day for 12-14 hours a day!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 09:38:50 PM »
And if you were a muslim with homicidal tendencies, you'd be protected up until you slaughter a bunch of soldiers on base like that scumbag Nidal Hasan
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal