Hello Guest

Author Topic: Grrrrrrr....  (Read 6393 times)

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Grrrrrrr....
« on: September 14, 2015, 09:01:19 PM »
This is what happens when a crackhead needs a dimebag more than he thinks I need my RV batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Grrrrrrr....
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 09:04:07 PM »
Oh that sucks.... :-[

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »
So sorry to hear that.

any damage to the wiring or did they unbolt it?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 10:00:18 PM »
Insurance???

Get two 6 volt bats to replace

Coat them with VX nerve toxin and park the thing in the same place...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 10:18:18 PM »
Deductible is higher than the cost of replacement. Just gonna grab interstates from Costco.

No; they didn't cut anything. Actually unbolted and nothing damaged lol

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline rasimmo

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 10:21:30 PM »
That ain't good. At least they were thoughtful thieves. They just cut the wires around here.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 12:14:48 AM »
That stinks !!

...how did Don get your address, I wonder.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 12:20:56 AM »
Parked in the frickin driveway too... Good thing he didn't assume my truck box was unlocked... Coulda had way easier pickens and way more valuable stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 08:39:38 AM »
I hate thieves, always have

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 02:33:14 PM »
I was about to ask where. Sorry to see that. Mine is stored in the same place but behind another trailer.

Did they get the cases too?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 02:57:13 PM »
No they left the cases, i just put them in the garage.

Last night i went and bought two Group 27 Interstates... get home and the cases are for group 24's... DOH. Back to Costco to exchange.
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 05:44:48 PM »

To quote the Outlaw Josey Wales....  "some people just need killin'"
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 11:22:36 AM »

To quote the Outlaw Josey Wales....  "some people just need killin'"
They think they have rights as in they have a right to what they need. They're American, or at least standing in America, and as a guy standing in America, they have a right to the life they want!

But, we have our rights as well...

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 12:12:09 PM »
Had a cool conversation with one of the city police officers yesterday...

There's more backstory on this whole battery robbery. I'll share, why not...

So the same night as my batteries got jacked, 3 people got robbed close to our house. Right now the Washington State Fair is going on, huge fair, tons of people, late into the night. The fairgrounds are 2 blocks from my sisters house where we are living now while our house is under construction. People parking all over the place on the street, up to 4-5 blocks away, it's nuts.

Anyway, these three robberies were armed robberies... at gunpoint. One was literally on the street next to the house. (2 sides of the property are bordered by streets, with the side having a small creek in between the street and house). We walk the same street often, and is our own route to walk to the fair from the house. These thugs came into the area because they knew people would be walking, in the dark, likely with lots of cash because everything at the fair is cash.

So i'm on the phone with the PD regarding the stolen batteries, and i ask him:
"Officer, let me ask you something. I'm a concealed carrier, and am carrying more times than not, and I want to know if there are any laws against carrying into the fair. I know it's a "gun free zone", and for that reason i decided not to carry last night, but I think I made a bad decision. We walked all the way there and back in the dark, right through the parking areas where these folks got robbed."

His response: "There are no laws against it. It's private property, they can make any rule they want, and if you get caught all they can do is ask you to leave. That's the beauty of concealment, nobody will know... I would definitely be armed if it were me.... I mean, I cant tell you what to do, but I would definitely if it were me!"

We talked some more, but that was the gist of it.

Thought that was pretty cool... Not only did he not discourage me from carrying concealed (nor at the fair, or in general for that matter), he basically acknowledged the ridiculousness that is "Gun Free Zones", and essentially endorsed and encouraged me the citizen carrying concealed.
NRA Life Member

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 05:24:08 PM »
That's because most LEO's have reason and practicality to go on. Hey, at least no one in your party was hurt or robbed at gunpoint, and they didn't cut the wires, but I'm betting if this were TX and they automatically assumed all the fairgoers were carrying those robberies wouldn't even have been planned, let alone carried out.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 10:05:42 PM »
Yeah, Texans are known for carrying, even before concealed carry laws.

My buddy was DPS years ago before CC laws and even then it was acknowledged that 70% of cars on the road in Texas have a weapon in them.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 11:07:08 PM »
Arizona is probably close behind texas. It isn't called the wild west for nothin'. (well maybe they don't call it that anymore, but I have enough weaponry to make up the other 30%) lol
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 11:25:37 PM »
I carried long before I became an LEO. I was even a bartender for awhile in Sonoma, owner loved that I was armed and that made it legal too!

I carry all the time and don't hesitate when I see a "gun free zone"

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 09:05:59 AM »
Arizona is probably close behind texas. It isn't called the wild west for nothin'. (well maybe they don't call it that anymore, but I have enough weaponry to make up the other 30%) lol
Kentucky: Right there with you boyz!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2015, 09:03:57 PM »
I try to abide by CCW laws and not carry when we see the legitimate signs. (known in Texas as 30.06 "thirty ought six")

That's one reason that I sought out edged weapons training and I would highly recommend it for all. 

The 21ft rule will help you understand that in many, many instances you are better off using an edged weapon than trying to draw from concealment.

A joint study by FBI/IDF concluded that edged weapon encounters are 3 times as deadly than firearm encounters.

Don't underestimate the practicality or lethality of an edged weapon.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:04:46 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 11:27:35 PM »
I try to abide by CCW laws and not carry when we see the legitimate signs. (known in Texas as 30.06 "thirty ought six")

That's one reason that I sought out edged weapons training and I would highly recommend it for all. 

The 21ft rule will help you understand that in many, many instances you are better off using an edged weapon than trying to draw from concealment.

A joint study by FBI/IDF concluded that edged weapon encounters are 3 times as deadly than firearm encounters.

Yes, knives are deadly

I went through PPCT training. We did a lot of knife work. First on the telemetry dummies, then on each other with the red hard rubberknives. After days of that you are so covered up with bruises that you look like you did a tanning session under a rock crusher discharge tube.

Knives are really bad when used properly. Taking them away from folks can be really bad as well. I could snatch a gun from your hand and no one has ever been able to stop me, when when I said, OK, ready, 3,2,1...But to grab a knife edge and do that, I would be cut to the bone at least, but still alive.

Knife defense is "Don't be there"

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2015, 11:31:08 PM »
that drill has a special name, and I cant for the life of me remember what it is called at this moment.  I will have to take a look at my paperwork tomorrow and refresh my memory.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 11:51:39 PM »

Yes, knives are deadly
then on each other with the red hard rubberknives. After days of that you are so covered up with bruises that you look like you did a tanning session under a rock crusher discharge tube.

ROFL Don.  Yeah and we wore black and had blue chalk on the training knives.  In addition to the bruises on our arms we looked like some bad 60's black light poster....

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 11:56:45 PM »
a little too hollywood, but well directed none the less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiqwF_Y9S5Q

I was taught the grip and rip and never attempted it that way.  I like the idea of removing the weapon and breaking the finger over leaving him with his weapon.

But then again, I'm not a professional.  I just hope my limited skills are BTAS (better than average scumbag)

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 12:03:36 AM »
that drill has a special name, and I cant for the life of me remember what it is called at this moment.  I will have to take a look at my paperwork tomorrow and refresh my memory.

I just watched Rambo... basically the same thing right?
NRA Life Member

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 12:10:59 AM »

this is what I was referring to kyle, not the edged weapons.  there is a specific name for this drill that is taught in TX CHL classes and I cant remember the name of it.  basically this drill will save your ass in a court of law if you can reference it.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 12:31:24 AM »
I was just running over this in my head at length the other night. Would I opt to try and draw my weapon with a gun already in my face? I dunno... Lots of variables. I haven't had intensive training like lots of you, it might be naive to think I could flip that scenario effectively with a high probability. Would be foolish to ensure getting shot by fumbling with trying to draw if a couple credit cards and the $20 bucks in my wallet is all the dude wants.

One things for sure, next time I'm walking in the dark in seedy areas, I'll probably be more inclined to discreetly remove some concealment (tuck shirt behind holster, unzip jacket, etc) as to make quick access as easy as possible.

NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2015, 12:32:18 AM »

this is what I was referring to kyle, not the edged weapons.  there is a specific name for this drill that is taught in TX CHL classes and I cant remember the name of it.  basically this drill will save your ass in a court of law if you can reference it.

Ahh ok. I will look that up. Think RN just posted a link

NRA Life Member

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2015, 12:34:27 AM »
thanks for the save RN

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 12:41:13 AM »
Rambo never disarmed, he left the cold dead hand still clutching it.

I went through the edged weapon training too. Teacher was overweight but scared the you know what out of you.

Disarming while breaking bones is a good thing. Puts a smile on your face.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2015, 12:45:21 AM »
Kyle, If after weighing the situation you opted for non compliance, I would opt for disarming the attacker or using this.

I can deploy this in far less than 1 second.

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2015, 05:30:40 AM »
You guys would be surprised how many people I have stopped who have CCW's and tell me, "Officer, I have a CCW, but I don't carry". I always ask them why not and they never have a good enough excuse. Like there are certain times when it is more applicable to carry than others?? I just don't get it. Today I was at academy buying a new pair of Keen's for winter and I see a fellow wearing this shirt that is a bastardization of the apple logo with a gun on it saying "I pac"... Cute shirt, looked the dude up and down, watched him walk around the store, never could find where he was carrying. I have a pretty uncanny ability to spot an armed individual. So I struck up a conversation with him. "nice shirt bro!" (lie) "so what kind of holster system are you using? because, I cant even tell you're carrying"... ... ... "Oh, I'm not carrying right now"... ... ... so to be more accurate the shirt *should* have said-- "I pac sometimes" It is absolutely ridiculous!! I see my cop buddies out and about with their freaking families... not a gun in reach.... stresses me out. One day the wolf is going to sniff your ass and the hair is gonna stand up on the back of your neck.. what are you gonna do hero?
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2015, 05:51:23 AM »
I was just running over this in my head at length the other night. Would I opt to try and draw my weapon with a gun already in my face? I dunno... Lots of variables. I haven't had intensive training like lots of you, it might be naive to think I could flip that scenario effectively with a high probability. Would be foolish to ensure getting shot by fumbling with trying to draw if a couple credit cards and the $20 bucks in my wallet is all the dude wants.

One things for sure, next time I'm walking in the dark in seedy areas, I'll probably be more inclined to discreetly remove some concealment (tuck shirt behind holster, unzip jacket, etc) as to make quick access as easy as possible.

You're limiting factors are your training and experience. Within ECQB, (arms reach), you fight the fight you're in brother. This is a hands on scenario. This is where you give in, (not give up) to the demands of the perp, or you make the decision to respond decisively and violently to distract, disarm, and disable your attacker. There is A LOT of training out there. The problem is, people go to training, practice it a couple times, train virtually in their head, and then soon forget. One thing high speed training is, IS too high speed. It looks cool on youtube and the dude that is instructing it can do that in the street, because this is what he makes his money at, but the fact remains, too much training is geared toward the "awe that looks cool jitsu" factor and not the reality that is deadly close quarters combat. there are few gun fighters out there that could succeed against a determined butt head with a gun to their head, by going *straight* for their concealed weapon. I would never ever ever ever ever ever recommend to anyone they should draw on a drawn gun within arms reach. It's just not feasible and we aren't fast enough. You redirect and trap that weapon, then attack the ever living shoot out of the degenerate. Im talking gouge his eyes from his head, bite his face off, rip his throat out, then when you are absolutely confident, you STILL leave the gun in the bucket and go for the sweet emerson TRN posted up or your own defensive blade of choice. It is *Easy* at close quarters to defend against a weapon that only hurts you from the very tip when you are directly in front of it as opposed to a good sharp knife. You don't even have to be an expert knife fighter, just start slicing and stabbing things that make pretty shades of red.

on knives- I carry two always... a utility knife and a defensive knife... the only one that cross trains is the utility knife.  the defensive knife is only for defensive purposes.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 12:49:34 PM by Flyin6 »
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal