VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Drones, Boats, Flying and Floating Things

Boating Safety Checklist

<< < (2/15) > >>

Bob Smith:

Tate, I would bet the cold air and not being used lately is why the covers seem too small. Snap up as many as possible and let it stretch a bit in the warm air then snap some more. A bit of lube on the snaps will help too, don't want to pull the snap out of the cover or break off the boat. A few extra snaps and a tool in a bag is nice to have for when you break one.
You might want to rethink leaving the boat on a buoy for the summer, maybe a long weekend or even a week or two, it will start growing stuff if you leave it in the water all summer. You have to store the trailer anyway, leave the boat on it when you are not using it.

EL TATE:
Clarifying statement:

the boat will live on the buoy, but will come out of the water weekly for a bath and equipment check. I have too many different friends in warm beach tell me the same to ignore it. One had a small hull crack that slowly filled the cavity in the hull over time. when they finally recovered the boat it was frighteningly easy to spot and a weekly wash could have saved them a lot of trouble. it's got a radiator so there is no seawater cooling to worry about.

cudakidd53:
SPARE DRAIN PLUG

Dawg25385:

--- Quote from: cudakidd53 on May 25, 2017, 01:48:02 PM ---SPARE DRAIN PLUG

--- End quote ---

Yes, I keep one in the glove box of the boat, with a wrench, in case I'm careless and do forget and I'm out on the water. Happened to my neighbor, nearly sunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave945:
I was going ot say spare drain plug but someone beat me to it. I would add that you want to make sure to have a float on your boat key. Kids like to play with things that make cars and boats go. Ask me how I know.  :facepalm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version