SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST > Donations

Christmas 2021

(1/6) > >>

Flyin6:
Just to let you menses know, I am praying and thinking about the recipients of this year's Christmas money.
Last month I was thinking to give it all to Tunnels to Towers to help fund housing for emergency services folks or widows of warriors, but I am not sure about that. We seem to like to find that one person or family and cover down on them.

I'll let you know what shakes out.

Meanwhile, I'll start the collectin' of the monies effective immediately

This will be our eighth consecutive year of meet someone at their point of need with real, tangible help. Man that's great. Thank you, you good men out there who donate and make this possible!

As always, watch the donations thread to see the amount grow.

stlaser:
I like helping as we have done in the past, my 2 cents

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: stlaser on November 25, 2021, 10:20:31 PM ---I like helping as we have done in the past, my 2 cents

--- End quote ---
You have helped so many S
Just think of those two little girls who had about nothing, and you/we gave them both a Christmas. If you remember, we gave them both bibles too. The reaction from one of the fathers which I got second hand because I was not there was good. He was a hard case, telling himself and his daughter that the world was a cold and harsh place, but right in the middle of that, his daughter is anonymously blessed with a nice Christmas and then the bible. He said "I would not have allowed a bible in my house, but I think I will allow this one. His expression softened according to the witness, and I believe Jesus working through your hands, the hands of the men here broke through that hard veneer. We did the work of Jesus and that is exactly what we are supposed to do!

Flyin6:
And we have our first donation, $103.16

or should that read:    $103:16 :wink:

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on November 26, 2021, 09:43:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: stlaser on November 25, 2021, 10:20:31 PM ---I like helping as we have done in the past, my 2 cents

--- End quote ---
You have helped so many S
Just think of those two little girls who had about nothing, and you/we gave them both a Christmas. If you remember, we gave them both bibles too. The reaction from one of the fathers which I got second hand because I was not there was good. He was a hard case, telling himself and his daughter that the world was a cold and harsh place, but right in the middle of that, his daughter is anonymously blessed with a nice Christmas and then the bible. He said "I would not have allowed a bible in my house, but I think I will allow this one. His expression softened according to the witness, and I believe Jesus working through your hands, the hands of the men here broke through that hard veneer. We did the work of Jesus and that is exactly what we are supposed to do!

--- End quote ---

I look at it as it’s not our money really, yes we’re stewards of it for a time and it’s a unit of our labor. However, we’re blessed to be able to earn it & have it so I think we have an obligation to further his works with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version