SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST > Donations

Christmas 2023

(1/6) > >>

Flyin6:
Gentlemen, it's that time again. We have now made it happen for families in need for 8 years and are about to make it happen for #9! Outstanding!

I have two candidates at the moment. Instead of just arbitrarily making a choice, I am placing it before the Lord and all of you. I want you to pray over this to see if, 1-you are supposed to donate, and 2-to which of these needy causes.

Possibility number 1: There is a single mom with two children whose home burned down this past year. They live in an apartment and are having trouble making ends meet. Christmas will probably be too much of a stretch for her, and they actually need a bunch of the normal trappings of a normal modern home since they lost almost everything.

Possibility number 2: This family of four has two children, both of whom suffer from some rare condition. At this time, I do not know what those rare conditions actually are. The family had to move to Cincinnati because the child with the most urgent need will undergo surgery this week. I think the working father had to take a local job and does not have health insurance just yet. Further, the surgery is a risky one and he plans to be with his child (along with his mom) until that child is out of danger. He will have to take unpaid leave to do so.

I have a contact that is somewhere near these people in need. This person is aware that the men of our website come together to help out people around Christmas. The person reached out to me to put these two families in need in our zone of consideration.

Personally, both families sound like great candidates to me...Could we support both? Historically we do not get to $2K so it would be a stretch unless God intervenes. I would like to hear your thoughts. Discuss it openly here or PM me if you wish to remain secretive, which is fine. I have the donation tab here, a PayPal and a Venmo account as well as an address for checks. I am thinking I would try and meet these families' needs on the 21st or the 22nd of December.

Let me know your thoughts.

Flyin6:
No thoughts?

stlaser:
No sir

Flyin6:
Well, we just got our first donation of $110 to start off with.

I got some additional information about the family with children of special needs. One of them underwent surgery today and it turned out good. I still do not know who wins the lottery this year, and I welcome your thoughts/ideas.

Flyin6:
We have another brave and generous soul for $100...Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version