Hello Guest

Author Topic: New Man Purse by Vertx  (Read 15736 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
New Man Purse by Vertx
« on: December 25, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »
OK, so I've been like a kid at Christmas waiting to open this box and introduce you guys to this product ( ever since I picked it up at my office PO box several weeks ago :) lol ). Hard not to notice a big box with Vertx on the side of it.......

http://api.justinfr.com/data/default/images/catalog/1000/Turnkey/1/VTX5010BK-FRONT-WEB-609.png

Several months back I was visiting the cabelas bargain cave and wandering past the gun counter. As I did I ran into this guy who had a couple of these cool looking back packs. Apparently he was waiting for management to do an overview of the new product line. Cabelas just started carying them online at the time. He was an outside regional sales rep for Vertx.

Super friendly and hit me up as I was looking at the pistols to ask if I conceal carried. I responded that I did and the wife and kids were always making fun of my man purse. My old one was a small carry on flight bag that I used for my ipad etc when traveling. It pulled double duty in the jeep when at home with my G22. It worked but wasn't really designed for this role. So he throws me the EDC bag  http://vertx.com/edc-commuter-bag and fits it to my large 6'2" frame then starts to explain all the functions this bag has built into it. I could go into way more details but in essence this bag was designed for and by operators working discreetly overseas. They've been working and reworking the design for several years now. Best part is living here in hippy land I will fit right in with this bag without looking homeless. I already reached out to Craig at 144:1.com for a couple of patches. I also placed an order this morning with Vertx for the accessory internal holsters etc, note if you sign up to their email you get a 20% off initial order coupon. So excited as I can now carry my tricked out G35

I highly suggest you guys watch the video, one part it doesn't mention is that the area for the "laptop" can be used to hold body armor. So when you flip the pack around front side to pull your gun in essence you now have front armor while engaging said dirt bag.

video https://youtu.be/9N_TJqb8gkU

Review video https://youtu.be/HvHQY4SSAW8

« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:09:04 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: New Man Purse by Vertx
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 09:30:47 PM »
I want one! I don't like you now, cause I don't have one. I have flashlight, pens, paper, pocket knife, keys, Nalgene bottle and etc all stashed in my Carhartt jacket and a cheap WalMart pack, and while it works, I don't have much hope for that bag to survive much longer.

I'm now expecting a superb review of this pack. The kind of review that shall be spoken of in the quietest of a whisper over a campfire with a group of friends. The type of review that makes the prose of Shakespeare appear to be synonymous with mere drivel.

And pics!  :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 09:37:24 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 09:57:46 PM »
Bobby, for what it's worth "I'll try" on that review..... still need to finish the g43 review.... :(

Also my go to for years in the winter was my sheep lined carhart vest with inner pockets, held my j frame smith stub nose & it never printed. Summer was an ankle holster for same piece in a gun free facility no less.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 02:17:06 PM »
185 bucks for a bag with a handle? Buddy, you need to lay off of the green-leafed cigarettes!!!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 02:41:57 PM »
185 bucks for a bag with a handle? Buddy, you need to lay off of the green-leafed cigarettes!!!

Yeah, it's pricey which is why the wife bought it for me. I would still be using my old bag. The $185 was just the base bag too not including the accessories I just bought for interior so add another $75 then all the equipment that goes in it.

However, with all that said if it lasts as long as my range bag has (going on 22 years now) the per year cost is pretty affordable. Another way to look at it is how much do you pay for a good holster? I've spent a bill on a custom leather job before for one model gun. So it kinda depends on your perspective, green leaf cigs or not.....

On a similar note that I know YOU can relate to Ken, the big H donors are wanting an accounting of her campaign expenses I read.  ;)

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 06:52:43 PM »
"I'll try" on that review..... still need to finish the g43 review.... :(

Make it a double review at then. Load the bag up for a range trip, and utilize the G43 at the range. Then you can complete two, yes 2, reviews in one.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 07:11:07 PM »
"I'll try" on that review..... still need to finish the g43 review.... :(

Make it a double review at then. Load the bag up for a range trip, and utilize the G43 at the range. Then you can complete two, yes 2, reviews in one.

I no longer have physical custody of the G43, momma adores that piece..... ;D

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 09:03:29 PM »
I seem to recall seeing an mp5 backpack that deployed in similar fashion. rotate, zip, 800 RPM!
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 06:00:56 AM »

Ok, same concept.. Take your wife to the range. Let her shoot and you give us HER review!

You review said bag.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 09:28:09 AM »

Ok, same concept.. Take your wife to the range. Let her shoot and you give us HER review!

You review said bag.
Git on em' Bobby!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 05:51:22 PM »
Git on em' Bobby!

I'm still trying to figure out how to move this to the appropriate Section...

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 05:57:27 PM »
Sorry, figured the back pack fit in the less than lethal. I mean this forum looked like it needed some love with all of what 4 threads? :o Kinda reminded me of the xj build thread...... ;)

Edit: sorry make that 2 threads not counting this one!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:58:29 PM by stlaser »

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 07:26:21 PM »
Sorry, figured the back pack fit in the less than lethal. I mean this forum looked like it needed some love with all of what 4 threads? :o Kinda reminded me of the xj build thread...... ;)

Edit: sorry make that 2 threads not counting this one!

We've all changed spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, and plug wires. So I don't think there was a need for photos.. hater.   8)

You planning on swinging this bag at your attacker while screaming " I don't know you!!" and "Leave my man purse alone!! " ? Cause then it'll be a less than lethal option.

You shouldn't react like this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u4oXXL1a5A

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:32:25 PM by BobbyB »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 08:05:58 PM »
Hey, I might need to swing that bag with all the goof ball locals who are shall we say light in the loafers..... ;D

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 08:55:02 PM »
Well that makes it less than lethal I guess...
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »
So no excuses shawn, whats the deal with this bag?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 08:29:53 PM »
Need to post up some pics, my Velcro mag & gun holsters finally showed up. Personally I really like this bag. It's in my jeep right now. Only used it a couple times as it's more of a summer light clothing bag as being winter I cc pretty easily.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 07:39:53 AM »
So about that review..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 09:31:25 AM »
waiting.....................
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2017, 10:47:57 AM »
I like it & it stays in my truck under rear seat. Used it quite a bit this past summer.

Will snap some pics this afternoon & give more details.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 10:51:26 PM »
OK, so good men Bobby and Nate trying their hardest to keep me on the straight and narrow I present you with my overview / review.

First patches, yes the one to pick at the majority population of CO and the other to give them the opportunity to hear some truth if they choose to ask........ :wink:

I have had this for some time now and used it quite a bit this summer as we criss crossed the west on family vacations and outings. Being that the F150 is essentially our family vehicle this resides under my rear seat when not in use. Winter months I either CC a G22 or Smith J frame 38 so it doesn't see much use as I layer up in the winter (old cold storage steel shop habits are hard to break). Guns are easier to hide in the winter. Living in CO the backpack fits in nicely year around just about anywhere with all the homeless carrying them plus hikers etc. I carry a G35 in this pack and quite frankly it is my favorite .40 but really a pig of a pistol truth be told.

So here it is as it lays under my seat. Single strap that carries over left shoulder. Something to note is even though it has a single strap there is another small "lanyard" type strap to keep it centered should the need arise, maybe running? I have the large zipper catch (bottom of this pic) positioned so that I (as a southpaw) can grab it with my right hand and flip the whole pack around onto my chest in a horizontal position. It does this in one smooth action opening the top and I stop it with the zipper half undone. I can then reach in with my left hand and retrieve the weapon. Very easy, smooth and quick with a little practice. I don't have the armor but this pack has a compartment setup so that you can run two pieces of it and by opening that zipper fully your front would be protected nuts to neck. I keep it partially closed to keep the extra mags secured. The Velcro holster design has grown on me but I have yet to fully trust them especially with 22 rounds of .40..... I do like the adjustability of the Velcro holster design, positions can be dialed in infinitely.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 10:53:31 PM »
Second pic here, fully opened. The gun actually sits on the flap away from my chest. Mags would be chest side.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2017, 10:56:32 PM »
This shot is of the outer pouch pulled open. It can be pulled open easily with one hand, the top is tucked up under a rain flap when closed. As you can see I have done nothing with it but thinking of adding some less than lethal pepper spray and or that taser Charles is looking at once he spends the money to see if they are junk or not. May add a knife to the molle but I keep at least one on me daily anyhow.....

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2017, 11:00:03 PM »
Last pic here is of another pocket that has built in pouches. I do carry a small first aid kit, some cord and basic survival things, money, water straw, flint etc. It can be a very basic go bag in this form. the strap can hold a small tablet and the zipper is access to the armor pouch. I also keep a compass hooked to the outside of the bag as I use this on back country hikes as well.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2017, 11:02:29 PM »
Not sure if I stated this prior but I was put on to these by a regional sales guy I spoke to at Cabelas when they first started handling them. I don't think they are doing that anymore as I have been eyeballing a couple of these in the bargain cave. I have not checked but you may be able to pick them up online via Cabelas website in the online bargain cave. They were running around $100 at the local store in there. I would have my wife with expensive taste buy this for me again............ :likebutton:

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 11:03:40 PM »
How cute.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 11:09:56 PM »
How cute.

Ken, glad to see you're still in touch with your feminine side there....... :tongue:

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2017, 12:48:38 PM »
How cute.

Ken, glad to see you're still in touch with your feminine side there....... :tongue:

There they go again! ^^^^^^^

They never stop!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:18:57 PM by nmeyer414 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2017, 02:38:14 PM »
How cute.

There they go again! ^^^^^^^

They never stop!

He started it!

In case anyone wants to argue that point I present evidence A - “the bumper sticker” :popcorn:

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2017, 08:58:28 PM »
I didn't start it papa, he did!!! And he's a poopy pants. :)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 09:07:26 PM »
I'll by the taser Shawn, let me test it on you....

That long slide .40 should allow you to make hits at 100....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2017, 09:38:17 PM »
I'll by the taser Shawn, let me test it on you....

That long slide .40 should allow you to make hits at 100....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly, I haven’t tried. The barrel is lone wolf so not bad but there are better units available for such things. I do know my follow up shots are quite a bit quicker with this gun & it stays on point pretty well. The long sight radius is a plus too.

I’d let you taser me once, as long as I can borrow it & shoot ol Ken......

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2017, 07:02:15 AM »
Deal.

We practiced making hits on 8 1/2x11 steel at 100 with a G17 once. It was surprisingly easy. Not as much holdover as you might think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2017, 08:55:31 AM »
Deal.

We practiced making hits on 8 1/2x11 steel at 100 with a G17 once. It was surprisingly easy. Not as much holdover as you might think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ve peaked my interest, I’ll try that next time at the outdoor range. Reminds me of that guy from Texas with the revolver. Bad guy had the cop pinned down with rifle & old man dropped bad guy at 150 yards or something crazy.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2021, 09:44:27 PM »
well shawn, its 5 years down the road, are you still sporting the man purse?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2021, 09:50:27 PM »
well shawn, its 5 years down the road, are you still sporting the man purse?

Yup, still loaded in that bag and on occasion I throw it in the truck. I still fit right in here in Hippyville with that bag on my shoulder.

Most often I cc with a ladysmith 38 honestly especially in winter months as it sits on my inside chest pocket on my carhart work vest. The back story is I originally bought it for the wife twenty years ago but it hurt her hand when she shot it due to muzzle flip. So I started carrying it in the steel shop discreetly on a daily basis. I realize it’s a revolver and probably frowned upon more than Ken’s  hammer however it’s simple stupid…..
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 09:54:19 PM by stlaser »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2021, 10:17:10 PM »
Aint nothing wrong with a revolver, its the only hand gun that you can push into an attacker, pull the trigger and it will actually fire.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2021, 11:02:48 PM »
Aint nothing wrong with a revolver, its the only hand gun that you can push into an attacker, pull the trigger and it will actually fire.

I like it, hammerless version too

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2021, 11:40:08 PM »

I like it, hammerless version too

:likebutton:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal