Hello Guest

Author Topic: THE one piece of equipement every man should have and use  (Read 2688 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
THE one piece of equipement every man should have and use
« on: May 30, 2015, 11:50:36 AM »
If I could have only one piece of equipment it would be "the wheel of death".  It is a lawnmower wheel on a stick basically.  From the kneeling position grasping both handles, keeping the torso rigid, extend out until your arms are outstretched and your torso is parallel to the ground and then return to the kneeling position.  That is the best core exercise you can get and it works wonders for my back.  The spine is a cantilevered bridge and it requires strong abs to balance the strong back muscles that we use more often than abs. 

I have some young fit nephews that talk smack until I get them in the floor and the old man makes them look silly.  They can't get 2 reps on the wheel without falling on their face. 

Like a former trainer of mine would say.  Without a strong core you are nothing.

And for $5 at Walmart there is no excuse not to have one.  On rainy days when I can't get out and ride my bike, I stretch in the floor and use this wheel and those silly Navy Seal inspired push up handles.

Warning.  If you get in the floor with the "wheel of death" the first time and you rip off a couple sets of 10, be prepared for what happens the following morning. 

My 18 lb cat walked across my abs the morning after I first started using it and swear that black cat was a ninja with special powers to inflict pain.  I sat bolt upright wincing in pain the abs were so sore.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: THE one piece of equipement every man should have and use
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 12:27:17 PM »
Try that out with your feet elevated, or if you are truly sadistic to yourself, with your feet elevated on one of those big beach ball looking things..
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 12:31:25 PM »
Bobby that would be the 201 and 301 level class for sure!!

The most hard core (no pun intended) thing I ever saw was a Filipino trainer who could stand with his heels against the wall.  With knees straight, bend down and hold the wheel  at his feet and then extend all the way out to horizontal and then return to the standing position, never bending the knees.  Un believable.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 12:34:13 PM »
Bobby that would be the 201 and 301 level class for sure!!

The most hard core (no pun intended) thing I ever saw was a Filipino trainer who could stand with his heels against the wall.  With knees straight, bend down and hold the wheel  at his feet and then extend all the way out to horizontal and then return to the standing position, never bending the knees.  Un believable.

I need to get one of those wheelie things, or just make one...

Since beginning of last month I"m down 15-20 lbs.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »
Do you guys have anything for gaining weight...all I've seen on this forum is for shedding!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 12:40:35 PM »
Ken, see the 'What's for dinner' thread, and pick some each day for snacks between your regular meals.
That may do it.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 12:46:00 PM »
Do you guys have anything for gaining weight...all I've seen on this forum is for shedding!

GNC or a nutrition store would/should/more than likely have some shakes you can drink to add weight. Unless you are a good cook or are married to a good cook and can pack in the calories that way.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 01:14:28 PM »
Do you guys have anything for gaining weight...

I'd consider myself an SME (subject matter expert) in this area. Ping me for details LOL
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 01:33:55 PM »
Good for you Bobby!

Ken,  Protein drinks are good but watch the sugar in them.  I have some Whey Protein Powder that I mix with milk and peanut butter for the girls (and me when I was hitting the weights)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 03:03:05 PM »

Come to the Chicago area and enroll in Welfare and become a Democrat (not ment to slander) - around here, I've YET to see a skinny, emaciated poor person! (who wasn't a Meth Addict)
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 04:09:41 PM »
Those wheels are evil.
But very effective core motivators.
Need to get on it again.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »
These are good for gaining weight-
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 11:52:59 PM »
Or just go on welfare,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal