Hello Guest

Author Topic: Bataan Death march  (Read 619 times)

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Bataan Death march
« on: March 19, 2019, 08:52:08 PM »
Proud stepdad moment. After Bret was killed in Afghanistan his sister Krysten took to run to find peace and help her focus on talking to GOD and help remember the good times with her brother. Over the years she has gone from 5K up to marathons and is puts on a 5K in her brother memory to raise money for a scholarship in his name. She has even hooked up with and organization called "Wear Blue run to Remember" that supports Gold star families. This last weekend she went to New Mexico with several members of the 45 Infantry Division and ran the  the Bataan Death March Marathon beating all the 45 members by 20 minutes and finishing 11th in her age group. Which all in all is something to be proud of in my book. My wife's family had a member that survived the Bataan Death March but passed many years ago but on Saturday Krysten spent some time talking with and listening to one of the few if not the only survivors still with us James Bollich. She was very humbled by the experience and wish she could have brought him home and took him to let her 3rd grade students listen to him.  The younger guy in the photo is a Major with the 45th signed up Krysten and told her later. The 45th has taken Krysten under their wing after lost Bret.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bataan Death march
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 06:46:18 AM »
Super cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 07:18:26 AM »
That is awesome! The Bataan Death March Memorial has been on my bucket list for years. I plan on doing it in the Heavy Class, with a ruck. We had the opportunity to do it here in Kuwait last weekend, but my legs weren't up to it. :-(
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 02:13:46 PM »
What can you say, Like it all.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal