Hello Guest

Author Topic: Get it off your chest / whats bothering you  (Read 39180 times)

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Get it off your chest / whats bothering you
« Reply #400 on: June 03, 2021, 06:01:37 AM »
The list of people we loan equipment To is very short. But I know if I need a trailer or something of theirs I can make a phone call and go get it. Same rules apply both ways. You break it you fix it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 09:53:45 PM by Farmer Jon »
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 03, 2021, 08:32:31 AM »
My buddy and I have a friend whom we use him and his tools / equipment often. We usually upgrade or fix it and pay a tip in beer. It seems to work well, he drops things to help and seems happy, especially after a couple cold ones.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 03, 2021, 09:42:08 AM »
When (rarely) I have borrowed things. I "always" treat them like I own it, return on time and have even done small repairs on them.

If you borrow something, there is a trust there I believe, maybe I'm out dated?
No, you're correct

but

Times have changed. We are more me-centric than ever.

I recall the guy who borrowed my F250 in the Army to move. He replaced just enough fuel to put it back to where it was when I loaned it to him...Pathetic!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 03, 2021, 10:42:43 AM »
Interesting, I have borrowed trailers before. But the owner always came with it, just cause.

That is exactly what i do, because all of my trailers are too big for 1500 trucks and 99% of drivers have absoutley no idea how to tow them.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 10:49:30 AM by Nate »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Get it off your chest / whats bothering you
« Reply #404 on: June 23, 2021, 09:39:05 PM »
Just sayin.........
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 23, 2021, 10:28:43 PM »
^^^ ok Nate, you win!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 23, 2021, 10:43:32 PM »
Ken, you may be the only one to understand this....lol

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 24, 2021, 06:21:59 AM »
Especially the ones with the squat hole instead of a seat.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 24, 2021, 08:29:18 AM »
Nate how long can you hold your breath? Can you take care of business and get out before you have to take another one

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 24, 2021, 09:58:40 AM »
Especially the ones with the squat hole instead of a seat.

Nate how long can you hold your breath? Can you take care of business and get out before you have to take another one

:likebutton:

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 24, 2021, 04:45:20 PM »
Just sayin.........

Been there, done that. Would rather not repeat it. LOL
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 24, 2021, 09:13:22 PM »
Checked that box...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2021, 12:44:11 PM »
I have said it before and I will say it again....

I am so sick and tired of worthless small business's, especially ones that throw around their supposed vet status and can not follow through on their word.

1. I contacted about 12 different local kitchen cabinet companies about getting all of the garbage hinges on my kitchen cabinets replaced with something of quality.  every single one of them stated to me that what i was wanting done was beneath them as they only do big money jobs.  the 1 company that said sure thing, said they would be out in 2 days. The guy shows up, as hes working we start conversating and find out that he was active army for a while and that we were stationed at the same place at the same time. the funny part of the conversation was when i stated to him that i am tired of chasing companies to give them my hard earned money when they cant even contact me back. he finished his job, we spoke about what my wants/needs were for 3 additional custom cabinets, took measurements and said he would have an estimate for me with in 1 week.  2 weeks later i contact him again and politely inquire if there was a delay with the estimate, and i was told that they had been busy and that it would get sent to me in a few days.  well i am now at 1.5 months and no estimate!

2. i contacted a company to come out and give me a quote to have the trees in my yard ringed with christmas lights (thats what wendy wants). the owner cant give me a specific date and says that he will just swing by and take some measurements and pictures. I very clearly stated to him that people do not come to my residence unannounced.  so he calls me like 2 weeks later and says that he will be here in 20 minutes. I go out talk to the guy about what is wanted, he takes a few measurements and my email and says that i should have the estimate in my email by monday (he came the previous wednesday).  again 2 weeks go by, i contact the guy and get the blah blah blah story about being busy and that he say my estimate request on his desk 2 days ago and just hadnt gotten around to completing it yet but it will be sent by the end of business then next day. 1 month later, i still have no estimate!

i guess its time to be the masshole and start leaving really crappy reviews for these companies.... :facepalm: :knucklehead:

rant over

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2021, 12:59:51 PM »
You can leave nasty reviews, or...

get off your azz and do it yourself.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2021, 01:16:05 PM »
There is that option, but thats not going to happen!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 17, 2021, 03:44:06 PM »
No one wants to say no. With that said I don’t know reputable small business that isn’t buried right now. Like months out not weeks. It’s very challenging to put it lightly.

And you’re sounding a bit like a whiner for the record!  :tongue:  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 03:45:20 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 17, 2021, 04:42:16 PM »
No one wants to say no. With that said I don’t know reputable small business that isn’t buried right now. Like months out not weeks. It’s very challenging to put it lightly.

And you’re sounding a bit like a whiner for the record!  :tongue:  :popcorn:

I totally understand and respect the fact that many small business are swamped, or have shortages of staff. I also understand that its hard for people to say no or turn down work.  A customer will respect the business 10x fold if the business would be honest upfront and tell the customer that there will be X amount of wait time.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 17, 2021, 05:26:23 PM »
I agree Nate. I'm losing 2-5 jobs a day right now because they don't want to wait 3 weeks. It hurts to turn them away mostly because I do want to help, and I know they'll end up getting shafted at a box store, and once you turn someone away I take a chance that they won't come back.
..and then there's the ones that schedule, then they get impatient and find another shop and don't call and cancel.
My brother works at a big shop and his boss tells everyone to come in. He knows that once he has the cars, he has the job locked in, as long as it takes. There must be over 50 cars just sitting at that shop at any given time.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 13, 2022, 07:33:27 PM »
Yeah I have been hearing about that. I understand they are going to say no firearms purchases How can they restrict the purchase of a legal item? You get charged for a service they provide, right?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 14, 2022, 09:09:42 AM »
Cash transaction are looking more and more attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 15, 2022, 08:35:30 PM »
In Kali, gun stores must video transactions now. Last thing I got here was a shotgun and black powder rifle, probably my last here.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal