PERSONAL READINESS > Medical Corner

The Remedy Thread

<< < (3/3)

wyorunner:

--- Quote from: Bear9350 on December 11, 2017, 01:21:08 PM ---So you just pop a clove of garlic?  Is chewing it required? How much do you have to eat to be effective?

--- End quote ---

Bear chewing makes it easier to swallow because well garlic cloves are bigger than any horse pill you can get from the doc. I usually do one or two, depends on how I'm feeling. If terrible I'll do two several times a day. Has worked thus far.

The magic in garlic is called allicin, this is the compound that boosts our bodies as koot pointed out. It is strongest and bestest raw, but cooked you still get some of the effects. And by the way it sounds koot eats it every day.

Garlic isn't new science really, but rather a re-found effectiveness because people want to stay away from medications.

Also as koot pointed out Turmeric is amazing for our bodies, in so many ways. Strangely enough it can used to aid in whitening teeth, yes wife and I have tested this. One of the big ways we use it is in yellow rice!

Flyin6:
Sorry gents, but I removed a bunch of chat posts.

If possible, I just want this to read one remedy after another without the thread getting all covered up like everything else around here with conversations and therefore become so diluted as to become useless (See: Any SquareD thread).

So this is difficult to handle well. On one hand I want just a concentration of good remedies here, but in all fairness, most of the questions asked were legitimate, and had merit. Nevertheless, since I'm a hardheaded pilot, Armee pilot at that, I just trashed all that (Hashtag DOT: knife to the heart)

What I'd suggest is to take your question and post it on another thread, one you started and hash out the question there where it could be handled without screwin' up yet another thread!

CM...

DOTs
HillBillies
NCOs
Rednecks
...These are a few of my favorite things! (Not!) (Sound of music)

Flyin6:
Carbolic Salve for burns

https://www.ebay.com/i/282763763714?chn=ps

Have used it for decades

Great stuff...Just ask the female pilot who accidentally sat on a herman nelson heater. At the time I can't say I didn't want to apply myself, (In an earlier life), but I gave her my tin of it from my med kit in Korea. She came to me a few days later saying her burns were nearly healed up. Couldn't believe this ancient 1800's salve outperformed modern miracle crap.

Bigdave_185:
This bug stuff works well and doesn’t smell to bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version