PERSONAL READINESS > Medical Corner

Tick prevention

<< < (2/4) > >>

Wilbur:
I use DEET during the summer. Some folks hate it but I don't mind it. I will put some on my hat but also on my skin as well. A buddy I fish with says it makes his lips go numb. Yeesh. 

I do think there is something about our odor or something as well that attracts them to certain people and not to others. Last fall on a search the guy next to me the entire day (so between 5 an 15 feet away depending on the thickness of the brush) was finding ticks on him NON-STOP. I think he pulled off about 20 before lunch and another 20 or so after. After the search we were in a conference room at the police station and he was still pulling them off him. Probably another 5 or 10 while we were sitting there waiting. It was then that I pulled my first one off me (it hadn't bit me yet but was walking on my arm). I have no idea what that difference could be (diet? deodorant?). I had not used any DEET that day but didn't have a problem. He was really freaking out bc there were so many on him. I was sure when I got home and showered I would find some but I didn't. Not a one.     

Flyin6:
I'd use DDT

But it's hard to find ;-)))

Bob Smith:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on March 24, 2017, 10:19:35 PM ---I'd use DDT

--- End quote ---

You are not looking in the right places.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Bob/OlallaWa on March 24, 2017, 11:27:28 PM ---

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on March 24, 2017, 10:19:35 PM ---I'd use DDT

--- End quote ---

You are not looking in the right places.

--- End quote ---
Mexico?? Guatemala? Columbia?

Bob Smith:
Sitting in the back corner of some shed, right next to the bottle of chlordane.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version