Hello Guest

Author Topic: My New Land "Raptor Ridge"  (Read 94490 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: My New Land "Raptor Ridge"
« Reply #1250 on: December 05, 2021, 03:44:14 PM »
Tell me about your mag drill?  Would like to have one but not for $800

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got about the cheapest with bits that had good reviews. Just a tad over $300. Sure I will drill some holes, but didn't need name brand for something that I may use every year a few times, but sure it will get used on the building. I should ahve got one with a case though, would have been another $50, but so are generic cases.

Mine;  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089KB1NQ7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Not going to tell you what I paid for mine and it didn't come with a case (none offered) and had to warranty it after the first use because the circuit board popped (which they blamed me for).
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: December 09, 2021, 07:45:57 PM »
With getting things off and on I find the need for a smaller utility trailer often. using the 22 deckover is fine. But was way overkill and kept at a storage yard. I have been looking for a something in the 5x10 area with about a 2k capacity as I get some heavy stuff sometimes and being closer to the deck would be nice. Military 1101 is great, but big and too high for loading many things.

Looked on CL and FB and found a couple that were way overpriced, some more than you could get new for. Budget was around $1000.

Looked at one this morning that was fair price, but just rated at 1200 lbs. and had no ramp/gate. So I went by Lowes and HD on the way. Lowes had an 8x10 for $1800 that was OK. HD had 8x10 Karavans, 2200 lb rating in stock (web said none) and were listed for almost 2k. I like these as the ramp/sides and front can fold down allowing for over 15ft of supported deck area for longer items. These were listed for 2k at dealers and used.

HD had 5 in stock and a big tag saying $1428. I went in later and they would not sell me one as there DMV guy was not in (say what?) Talked to the Manager who wrote it up for me at the $1428, but pick up tomorrow. So DMV guy will be in tomorrow for pickup.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: December 09, 2021, 08:33:48 PM »
What is the dmv guy and what does he have to do with anything?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: December 09, 2021, 08:37:20 PM »
Remember, he lives in Kommiefornia and they have to tax, title and license everything.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 09, 2021, 09:50:53 PM »
I thought I was going to have to register it, but they do it. Saves me some hassle at least.

Normally you get a letter of "orgin" showing the VIN. Then you get a LEO to verify the VIN, then you get to register it.

At least they have reg for utility trailers right here. $25 to register or so and then about $10 every 5 years unless it is a camp trailer, then you pay every year. $125 for the TH this year.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: December 09, 2021, 10:03:29 PM »
 :likebutton:
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: December 09, 2021, 10:12:59 PM »
Thx, the rails also lock like it shows 1/2 for wide loads.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 09:27:09 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: December 10, 2021, 09:29:16 PM »
So I go to pickup the trailer today and told they got the SN wrong and had to right it up agian, BUT I still get the same price.

Worried for a second as when I got there they had gone up over $1000 from yesterday.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: December 14, 2021, 11:38:27 PM »
Thinking about it we have named the bobcat "Scoop". Made a thread on repairing the track;  http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=4982.new#new

Flooring back in, time to paint if the rain stops! Now for some light too.

I have also ordered a vinyl cab cover for it, but was told "after" the order they are waiting for zippers,,,,,,,,,,

If I'm real lucky, maybe the building will get dried in "this" year!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 11:41:54 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: December 30, 2021, 09:41:56 PM »
Running up tomorrow with the NTM Rotary Lift and the Flamables cabinet. Just a drop off and check out trip. Bringing a new game cam too as the Spycams will stop working early next year (cell issue) At least they knocked the replacement price way down.

Been getting visitors at night.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: January 02, 2022, 02:14:27 AM »
So it was an interesting trip running the stuff up to the Ridge this weekend.

Went up in the morning before to miss the real commute traffic. Was going great but they put chain controls out that slowed everything way down. Pic is near the summit still around 40*. I was still in 2 wheel drive having no issues, but driving sanely.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 02, 2022, 02:26:30 AM »
Ran a few errands, had lunch, got $200 in fuel ($1 cheaper then Kali) but that filled 3 cans and the titan tank.

Got to the property about 1400 and the 'fun" started. Was around 40 in the sun, 20 in shade.

As I started up the hill, well I didn't. Dmax was not pulling the probably 6k trailer up the hill and it was only a 2-3* slope, mud tires and posi or not. It gets full morning sun, then about this time it is in the shade the rest of the day. The 1-2in of snow simply covered the ice, so about 200ft up, I went backwards. Controlled it enough to not jack knife and attemps to pull out only resulted in the same. Now I am sure the tires being just 1/4in tread didn't help, but still got me going OK normally.

Settled into the runoff finally, block and dropped the trailer and drove up to the property with no issue.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 02, 2022, 02:41:28 AM »
Got up to the top and checked everything out. Little snow on the ground, one last dirt pile left (waiting for mesh to go in with excavator help) and about what I expected. Animals sure are using the salt lick and all kinds on horse tracks and dropping around.

Bot the Kub and the Gehl started without needing a jump, but worked at starting. Let em run for a while and we headed down with the Kub and unloaded the trailer, about 1/2 miles each way. No pics as we were getting cold and it took 3 trips. Used the Kub to pull the trailer out and turn around so I could hookup pointing the right way. (thats the newest neighbors home in the background, base of hill)

Oh, I think I said "MY" my cat came home! Think he was under the neighbors house for a few days. He loves to lay on the keyboard.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 02, 2022, 02:56:33 AM »
Trip home was interesting too. Left the property right at 1800, drove to Reno where I had a few meal coupons (yeah, I like to pull a slot arm here and there)

Finished eating, son played in the arcade while I endulged a little (broke even) and we started home at 2100. Would get us home just before New Years. We get to the base of Donner summit and they closed HWY 80,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, So we slepted a little, burned fuel to stay when (20F) and they opened it around midnight. Drive was OK, but 80 really got hammered. Some little SUV went by us fast then started fishtailing slowing for Semi just in front of us. Saw lanes closed with tress down all the way to Auburn, 1 semi sideways in to the hillside and many stupid drivers. Made it home in 1 piece though just after 0300, about 1 hour longer than normal. Son slept most of the way, I tried not too,,,,,,,,,,,

0800 hours we went and collected trees for the boy scouts. Filled the flatbed pretty good too, then blew the trailer off at a power wash and took the Dmax through the car wash twice (unlimited account), got home at 1200 after getting us all lunch. Listened to the wife complain about everything and tuned her out,,,,,,,,,,, 

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 02, 2022, 09:49:00 AM »
That sounds like you need a second weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 02, 2022, 11:43:12 AM »
No snow or really anything here

Has been T-shirt weather up until yesterday then finally started to cool off some.

Winters have changed. Really not much of a heating bill to speak of and I have not really run the boiler.

Sorry that you all in the north west got hammered, but it will clear. Folks in CO will take a bit longer to recover

I like your place JR...putting it on my "Must visit" list
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 02, 2022, 03:50:57 PM »
Let me clear here about one thing, I am not the best driver in the world. I do believe I am above average and have had lots of training.

I just hate stupid drivers and "sometimes" will not allow them to pass on the right side nor do I always move over if they are going faster. I will move over for merging and faster traffic if it doesn't screw me. I share the road and don't get me going on bikes. They believe they own the road and the law says otherwise.

OK, new years rant over.

Now the issue with getting my building up there has been verified. It will have to be pretty dry, but think I am OK as just got a call and was told at least another month out :facepalm:

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 02, 2022, 06:48:30 PM »
Looks good JR, sorry I lost track are you erecting the building too?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 02, 2022, 08:05:07 PM »
Yeah, its been 2 years since this started. Right where the dirt pile is facing south.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 02, 2022, 09:33:00 PM »
JR, are you putting up the building or is a crew doing it?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 03, 2022, 05:48:50 PM »
Can't afford a crew. Plus getting anyone to do things is really sketchy right now.

My budget allows for everything, but not someone to do it for me.

Will probably have crew assist with concrete and maybe renting a lift for the building setup.

Living area build will be as I can afford it.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 06, 2022, 12:54:03 AM »
Got the roof of the BC brushed off for painting but the rain started again  :facepalm:

Now its a slurry up there with the cement dust. After I get it painted I'm having an expanded sheet piece made up to cover the curved window opening. Few  pieces of glass need to be removed around the edges and the 2 bolts will need round heads as to not cut the cover up that I need to test fit still.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 08, 2022, 07:34:51 PM »
Was eyeing this; https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4873722495991563

Guy wants to trade and would transport. Just a little bigger than I need, no thumb and I couldn't move.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 08, 2022, 11:12:12 PM »
Seems like a super cheap price for one that size right now. Equipment is through the roof.
Articulating boom is interesting also.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 11, 2022, 07:44:11 PM »
He said it has a couple little issues and if I need to move I can't with what I have. If it was a 10k machine I may have.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: January 17, 2022, 09:37:03 PM »
Was up this weekend, just love the view this time of year. Wasn't really all that cold with no wind, temp showed 28f.

Talked to the neighbor about salting the road in when it snows. It is always in the shade so it ices over pretty bad.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 17, 2022, 10:01:19 PM »
No pad work done, just dropped off lots of little things and cleaned up what I brought up 2 weeks ago.

Made this fencepost driver for the hammer. Couple pieces of pipe, .750 plate and 2 bolts to lock it onto the bit. Think it needs to be brighter though, can't have everything black.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 17, 2022, 10:37:20 PM »
I wanted a dirt bucket for the bobcat. Found a 42in mini skid in the scratch N dent at Titan along with a pallet fork hitch.

Quick story on the Titan order, their "free shipping" is now $100, which I missed at first. So I call them up to cancel (2 hours later) and get the phone tree, terrible getting ahold of anyone. Emailed also but finally got ahold of someone the next day, but was told it is to late, its been shipped. So I check tracking (fedex) and it is not picked up for 4 days (ordered monday).
I finally get an email from customer service about trying to cancel and was told that once it goes to the warehouse for shipping it cannot be cancelled and it was SnD, so no returns. I said I understood no returns, but if it sits on your dock for days why can't it be cancelled and you charged $100 for free shipping? I said I was lied to then when they said it was already shipped when I called to cancel. Was then told that I needed a dock for the shipping as they don't do liftgate anymore for free either. So I am a little hot now and tell them I have a wonderful story to tell on the forums I use.
About this time I got a call from Fedex asking to schedule the delivery and I verified it had not been picked up for until 4 days later. i would have to unload it too. Figured I would grab it with the bobcat so no big deal.
Next day I get an email saying they are going to "refund the $100" and try to get a liftgate truck to deliver. Shows up today with a liftgate so that went easy enough. They would only refund $50 ($46 with paypal fee) but added the liftgate service.
So not completely happy with the added shipping, but they stepped up somewhat.
Titan have a points system too, but you cannot use it for other implements, just others home products. Told then thats a waste, obviously.

OK, so the bucket showed up and has the mini skid coupler on the back. Knew that so got some plates for the bobcat x-change to weld on. The full mounts are almost $300 shipped, the plates are about $125. Bucket is pretty nice for what I want. Once off the pallet it was easy to move around, shipping said 300#. Plus that frame it came in is like gold with the steel prices!

You really only need about 1/2 the plate they send you when you see the factory mount. Made some templates from these and will mod the bolt on bucket I have as it needs just the holes drilled for the pin vs having to bolt it on from the end using another plate. They are 5/8 plate I think and thinking about making and selling the cut down version if this work OK.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 17, 2022, 10:43:48 PM »
Got the window area cleaned up on the bobcat finally. Had the local metal shop make up a piece of expanded sheet metal to replace the glass area, to wide for my press. They did good job, look rolled.

Welded on all the way around, then a good coat of red rust primer on the entire roof.

Did a little more cement on the tread repair. Something tells me it will not last, but the tract should give me some life hopefully.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 18, 2022, 09:43:42 AM »
Hey, JR, be sure to let us know how that track repair you did on the mini holds up. Take my SVL for example. Lots of life left in them, but also have some good chunking in places from working all that broken (sharp) limestone.

Would also like to do a track repair if yours holds up

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 18, 2022, 12:02:56 PM »
The cans I got work better when warmed up and I got some SS bowls and tried to thin it a little, no luck.

The past they make I believe will stick way better, but is $70 a packet!

Might have an answer to on the L45 remote from the L forum on FB.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 26, 2022, 08:44:32 PM »
Trying to get the Bobcat up to the Ridge this weekend. Need to return a new Edge CT3 to summit also, really not what I expected on several things.

Got the body stripped and the ROPs painted, came out good. Painted the under carriage and found the tracks were loose (found new specs) and found I have 2 bad rollers. One real bad, but rolls still, other is just got that no lube feel. They will have to wait until I get it up there. I think the OK one can be rebuilt, but I will get 2 and go from there. Best price so far is $115 each. Under carriage got the wire brush treatment, rust converter for primer with Rustolium semi black

Added the LEDs, but not the light bar. I think with the cab cover the bar might get in the way or melt it if behind. Added an extra light to the right side of the boom. Load should be lower than the regular floods. Light bar has its own circut but maybe later. Pic is kinda deceiving but they throw some lumens out.

Still have a stalling issue after it runs for about 10 minutes. Runs great, put a new fuel pump on and primer bulb and still does the same. Got a 12v pump off amazon for $11 hoping it will fix the issue.

Tomorrow is prime/paint the body and redo the seat back.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 28, 2022, 01:45:31 PM »
Heading up as I have a couple things that have to get done before the 1st.

Cancelled all the insulation for the building. Will still do but better and with venting..

Looks like another week until I get the BC up there too. Ordered 2 rollers and a tensioner rebuild kit. Tracks are borderline anyway so having all the stuff working right will help. Plus why not do it here where I still have most of my stuff and not in the dirt. Tensioner looks easy enough, just dirty.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 29, 2022, 03:19:33 PM »
Well, I had quite the little adventure this weekend getting up the road to the Ridge. Road is fine normally, but the area highlighted in yellow sees no sun this time of year and is iced over. Lower end is where I had issues with trailer a few weeks back.

So I get a bag of salt to spread on the iced area. Not a big deal, stopped near the lower section, spread about 1/2 the 40# bag out and moved up near the top area, but not quite far enough, was still on the ice.

As I spread the salt, I hear a funny sound (truck is in park only) and I see my duramax sliding on the ice back towards me. This area has about a 20* slope. Drivers door is open as the truck slides past me. I almost thought about jumping in, but just hit the E brake with my hand (turning the wheel left would have been the best). Then the drivers door hits me, I go down and manage to miss the front tire. I look back laying on the ground thinking "this could be ugly". Truck keeps sliding (posi rear) and gets to the edge berm that drops about 200ft at 45*. Truck stops, I take a breath and try to get up, went down pretty hard. Get up, fall down, damn ice.

Walk down and just say thanks for not loosing the truck. Take a few pics, biggest loss is some oil in the back the spilled, my pride and I am still sore today.

Right rear is over the berm but thats it. It is not frozen there and you can see the tracks in the dirt over the edge. Not on the diff, seems OK. Assessing it some I guess I will try to drive off. Grab my phone and leave the door open if it goes again. Pulls right off with no issues in 4high (which it was in the whole time).

Told the neighbor about it, said he almost had to rescue me. Might have been a smarter move to have him hooked to me anyway, but hindsight is well,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 29, 2022, 04:48:23 PM »
Time to get the Cali guy some snow tires and some snow lessons lol

Glad you are ok and didn’t get crushed by the truck.  That makes for a bad few months.

Them minis and trailers will suck ya off some ice in a hurry for sure!!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 29, 2022, 05:44:32 PM »
Darned glad you are OK

Funny how things can just happen

Let's not do this again!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 29, 2022, 09:43:01 PM »
Yes, a lesson for sure.

Even a winch would have done me no good here, the is nothing there. Getting someone to hook to would have been viable.

I looked at chains but really it is just this little section, tires are fine. In fact I just swapped a couple for better traction. Neighbors have the same issue and we are talking about it

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 30, 2022, 09:31:29 AM »
Yes, a lesson for sure.

Even a winch would have done me no good here, the is nothing there. Getting someone to hook to would have been viable.

I looked at chains but really it is just this little section, tires are fine. In fact I just swapped a couple for better traction. Neighbors have the same issue and we are talking about it
#2 gravel or similar over dressed with 3/4 with a bit of dust in to hold it, then box blade before the snows and maybe mid winter.
Would drain and top surface give good purchase while cutting up your expensive tires
or
move!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 30, 2022, 11:12:47 AM »
So the tires got you up the hill fine.  Problems started when tires warmed the ice enough to loose traction and the truck slipped back down the hill. Glad you and your rig are both ok.
Came home from plowing snow early one morning, parked in the driveway went into the house poured a coffee looked out the window to see my elcamino sitting crossways in the street. Thanks to the curb It didn’t hit the house across the street.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 30, 2022, 01:55:14 PM »
Yep, parked with the front in dirt, rear on ice idling. Doubt there was any warmth in the tires.

I could see the rear tires sliding and the fronts were free wheeling.

I was thinking the same on the 3/4 rock, neighbor said he had the same issue going up. Plus we have more peoplw to split is with as a 40 acre parcel (just above burnt out house) just sold for $170k to someone out of santa cruz I hear.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: January 30, 2022, 02:29:29 PM »
Yep, parked with the front in dirt, rear on ice idling. Doubt there was any warmth in the tires.

I could see the rear tires sliding and the fronts were free wheeling.

I was thinking the same on the 3/4 rock, neighbor said he had the same issue going up. Plus we have more peoplw to split is with as a 40 acre parcel (just above burnt out house) just sold for $170k to someone out of santa cruz I hear.
Another refugee from California, no doubt ;-)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 30, 2022, 02:48:11 PM »
That make 3/4 on the road from Kali. 2 lower sections still for sale as well as the burnt out prop. Se who that brings.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: February 04, 2022, 11:04:23 PM »
Well, I come to find out the construction of the living quarters is of steel! THEY decided with the high price of lumber last year it was a wash. I OKed the plans, but never noticed that. Talking with them, but they don't want to eat it for sure. I have made it well known I am not happy, been 24hrs now, see next week.

Picked up 26 quick4 48" defusers for the leach line local. Looking for the tank now, just need 1000ga, 2 chamber. HD has em but standard height, they spec low profile, I doubt it would be an issue.

Everything but the rollers showed for the exc, held up by TX weather!!! 

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: February 09, 2022, 08:17:08 PM »
Couple emails and nothing yet. Today I called the big boss and waiting for a call back (was supposed to be after 1400, it now 1700)

Arch in question is called "Elise Fett & Assc. LTD" based in Incline Village, Nv.

I want to see how they handle this and will be happy to post either way. I remember discussing the 2x6 outside walls and saying I wanted full TGI beams for the build. Sounds like regular const. materials to me, not steel. I think something as important as the changing the material to steel would be some made very clear, not notes on the plans.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: February 11, 2022, 05:37:10 PM »
So far it looks to be as it stands, but they said it might be possible to change the material on a "change form" that might be minimal via the Eng firm, MSE Eng. LLC.

I am also getting a $1000 retainer returned since I am the "contractor" on the project. Will do that on Monday.

So it seems they are trying. I do have my entire project permitted, which I never thought would take over a year.

Second note, the exc rollers just showed up, time to get dirty. Unless I find something else, should get it up there next weekend!

Been working on it, what do you think?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: February 11, 2022, 06:24:46 PM »
So far it looks to be as it stands, but they said it might be possible to change the material on a "change form" that might be minimal via the Eng firm, MSE Eng. LLC.

I am also getting a $1000 retainer returned since I am the "contractor" on the project. Will do that on Monday.

So it seems they are trying. I do have my entire project permitted, which I never thought would take over a year.

Second note, the exc rollers just showed up, time to get dirty. Unless I find something else, should get it up there next weekend!

Been working on it, what do you think?

that's some fine work there JR. you and Dave got some skill.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: February 11, 2022, 06:32:42 PM »
Looks like a fine paint job to me!   

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: February 11, 2022, 08:27:27 PM »
Looks good JR.  Just needs some graphics!  Like hazmat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: February 11, 2022, 10:59:34 PM »
Thanks guys, its rough, but looks OK for acrilic latex and prep work. Still need to finish the boom, did unbolted hoses to help.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: February 12, 2022, 06:50:37 PM »
I like!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal