Hello Guest

Author Topic: keeping a young man memory alive  (Read 1049 times)

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
keeping a young man memory alive
« on: February 14, 2021, 02:37:32 PM »
Any of you runners or walkers care to support a scholarship that is given out in the name of our hero that was killed in Afghanistan9 Sept 2011 you can sign up to do the 1 mile or 5K in person if you would like to come to Oklahoma or you can do it virtual.

https://okc.enmotive.com/events/register/2021-sgt-bret-d-isenhower-memorial-5k

Thanks
Steve

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: keeping a young man memory alive
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 03:06:12 PM »
Sure will Steve.

Can't be there, will be on vaca with my oldest son still at home who will return from that family time to report for basic training.

Let us know the manner in which you would like us to support.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 03:21:15 PM »
Sure will Steve.

Can't be there, will be on vaca with my oldest son still at home who will return from that family time to report for basic training.

Let us know the manner in which you would like us to support.

Don,

Prayers that we can have it with the virus still be around would be greatly appreciated.

You can sign up for the 1 mile or 5 K at

https://okc.enmotive.com/events/register/2021-sgt-bret-d-isenhower-memorial-5k

There is also directions for becoming a sponsor which gets you name on the back of the shirts but with me being the only one in Oklahoma not sure it would do any of you any good to but a business name on the shirts.

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 12:15:24 PM »
The 5 K was moved from 22 to 15 May to allow form the men and women of Brett's unit (the 45th  Oklahoma Army Nation Guard) to attend. The 22 was their drill weekend

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 12:19:52 PM »
Race sign up deadline is 1 May.

Below is the sponsor letter but like I said not expecting anyone to sponser because it would do very little good to your business  being so far away from everyone.

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 12:16:34 AM »
Men of this forum. Completely out of the blue I am very happy to announce that a gentleman who walks amongst you decided to provide the funds to sponsor this forum in the Isenhower family devotion to their lost warrior. Due to the generosity of this man we will be sponsored at the gold level.

I know that none of us seek any recognition at all, but I'll let you in on a little (not so) secret. God does not miss a thing, and he notices what we do. The purest form of giving is that which is done in secret with no personal benefit sought after, nor wanted. This is but another example of the quality of the men who share their lives with the rest of us. I feel enriched by this act of kindness, and all of you should smile just a little too.

The sacrifice Sergeant Isenhower made can never be equaled by anything we can do, he stands tall with the heroes and patriots past who gave us the right to have our lives of freedom and abundance. But what we can do is to bring honor to the man, to remember him and to celebrate how brightly the candle which was his life burned, and now through the efforts of his sister, and family Bret continues to bring happiness to us. I can tell you that because of the Sergeant's noble sacrifice, and the creation of this annual memorial run, the opportunity to give was created and I for one got to witness selfless giving.

Despite all the hurt and disruption the devil will try to bring into our lives, let this memorial and the hearts of good people set his devices to failure as we remember and lock hands, and hopefully fold a few in prayer.

Thank you to the selfless gentleman, thank you to the Isenhower family, Thank you, Oklahoma National Guard, the US Army and all of our war fighting services. And thank you, Sergeant Bret Isenhower for standing tall with courage when you were called to serve.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 12:48:43 AM by Nate »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 08:55:25 AM »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 10:20:17 AM »
Men,

I am so very touched. I truly don't have the words to express how thankful I am for all of you and your willingness to keep Bret's scholarship growing. Being completely honest your generous gift made me cry. Over the years your prayers and gifts have gotten us through some dark times but knowing that that there is a group of men that walk with our Lord and are willing to voice payers for my stepson and family is of great comfort. Thank you for being REAL MEN.

Blessings to each of you and may God smile on you.

Steve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using Tapatalk

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 10:23:51 AM »
Men,

I am so very touched. I truly don't have the words to express how thankful I am for all of you and your willingness to keep Bret's scholarship growing. Being completely honest your generous gift made me cry. Over the years your prayers and gifts have gotten us through some dark times but knowing that that there is a group of men that walk with our Lord and are willing to voice payers for my stepson and family is of great comfort. Thank you for being REAL MEN.

Blessings to each of you and may God smile on you.

Steve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using Tapatalk

He just did  :wink:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 08:34:22 AM »
Steve, thank you for raising a man of honor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 07:06:23 PM »
Men just wanted let you see the race shirts. Thank you again for the donation

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2021, 08:24:54 AM »
Thanks for sharing Steve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2021, 11:30:20 AM »
The oldest person to participate in the 5k. She is 85 years young and broke her hip 6 months ago

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2021, 05:00:01 PM »
Get some young lady!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2021, 10:43:10 AM »
Men, I wanted thank you again for the sponsorship for our run. This was the 8th year of the race and in September will mark the 10th year of the loss of our Hero. I wanted to share some of the stats from the race to emphasize the good work that you as men of God do.

133 registered
Out of those 133- 81 were 5k participants
Overall male finished in 18:51
Overall female finished in 21:59
6 members of the Oklahoma army national guard marathon team were in attendance
$3,660 into scholarship fund
6 scholarships given at $500/each
There was also $225 donated to east central university
$4,600 in sponsorships

Here is a picture of front and back of the race T shirt and a picture of Krysten at Brett's headstone yesterday.

Thanks again, God has brought this group of Godley men together for many reasons, to sharpen, build-up and encourage each other but most of all to bless each other and to others we may never know. I count each of you as a huge blessing from God.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal