Hello Guest

Author Topic: Merry Christmas, 2015  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas, 2015
« on: December 24, 2015, 08:33:14 PM »
Merry Christmas to all of you faithful here and to visitors alike.

Tonight, Christmas eve where I live, we reflect on the birth of the baby Jesus. God remade in the form of a man so that he could experience human existence and tell us all about God the father, through this man, Jesus who would become the Christ.
Nothing we can ever do will amount to left over dust from his sandals, however knowing that, we press forward to share his message.

Christmas is a time in America for big profits for most retail merchants and corporations. It is a time when most of us over buy, over eat, and indulge in everything and sort of just let go. We go into the season with a sense of dread sometimes because of the need to spend so much money that most of us really do not have. We dread the mall traffic and sometimes even that certain relative who can never maintain control. It is a stressful time when record numbers of soldiers face separation anxiety and a loss of direction under the pitiful leadership of our commander in chief. Some will end their lives because they just can't take it anymore.

It is a time of all that and lots more, and why? Well, because we made it that way. I am less of a man if I don't match last years expenditures of hard earned cash on gifts. My neighbor is a better person because of the Mercedes he bought for his wife. Matters not the $1,000 payments for 84 months, nope, he did it, and that's what is good...Right?

Well none of that really matters at all, except in a shallow way that is worldly and superficial. What really matters is what we race in America to push down and eliminate where ever we can. What matters is the Birth, life, and message of Jesus. For that I am eternally thankful. I will not remember that excellent Sig 7.62 I scored for Christmas this year, because it won't fit through those massive pearly gates of heaven. Without that weapon or anything else made from molecules, for that matter will accompany me. But the people I delivered the message of forgiveness, grace, and of salvation from an eternal separation from God (Code named Hell) will remember. They will await me and thank me, and God will appreciate that as well.

We need only remember the real reason for this season, even though Jesus was probably not born on December 25th, it is never the less the day we all take time to celebrate his birth. Let's do that. Let's put our only priority on praising him. And thanking him for the real and the greatest gift, the gift of salvation. Let's love our families and maybe some others as well, you know who they are. God is love, so loving the people of God and especially the precious ones he gave each of us, should be our earthly focus and not some non bio degradable plastic thing processed from hazardous materials by slave labor in China.

Merry Christmas to all and thank you Lord Jesus for caring for me and everyone on this planet. Thank you for your word, thank you for the parables. Thank you for the lessons, the miracles, the angels, and that bloody awful day you suffered on a tree. Thank you for all of that!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas, 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 09:01:03 PM »
AMEN!

Well said Don.

May each and every one of you and your families be blessed on this special night.
May you all enjoy the companionship of family and friends.

And may we all be blessed in His honor.

Merry Christmas everyone from the great white north!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 09:47:48 PM »
Amen, and merry Christmas to all of you guys. Hope you have a good one, and to those travelling, a safe one.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 08:14:34 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone. God bless you everyone.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 10:37:15 AM »
Merry Christmas

Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rasimmo

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 11:16:36 AM »
My little brother sent me a picture of the dry erase board on his fridge. He had written this note.

"Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house no one was stirring not even my spouse. I went to the room to find her asleep, so I kissed her goodnight on her angel like cheek. As I rustled in bed she grumbled and groaned.  I thanked our Lord Jesus for a Christmas not spent alone"

Having spent a few away from home myself (including this one) I thought it was pretty cool. Like some of yall he has spent several away serving this great country. He just started his last 3 years before retirement at a shore duty assignment so he is happy to not have to leave again.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 02:53:16 PM »
God Bless you all and your families:

I was blessed to host my father, my daughters, the eldest girls fiancée, along with my wife and spent Christmas Eve together!  Aside from salvation, the best gifts I'll ever receive!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 03:19:09 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone!

Joy to the world! The Lord has come. Let earth receive her King

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 05:18:21 PM »
God Bless you all and your families:

I was blessed to host my father, my daughters, the eldest girls fiancée, along with my wife and spent Christmas Eve together!  Aside from salvation, the best gifts I'll ever receive!
Daughters...How cool!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 12:51:33 PM »
I am sorry to be late for this....blessings to all of you on this special day. We had a wonderful day with family. We were fortunate to have everyone together. It was a very special day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal