Hello Guest

Author Topic: Whole house water filtration system  (Read 691 times)

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Whole house water filtration system
« on: September 01, 2019, 03:10:12 PM »
I live in small town USA and to say our city water is ok is being very nice, we get Ozark for drinking and cooking. The town has a awesome water treatment plant, they had gotten a grant and put in a reverse osmosis treatment system. The bad part is that this great water gets put in 100+ year old pipe and yes some of it is still lead! White stay usable for about 6 months after that it is time to get new stuff.

My question is has anyone installed a whole house filtration system? Pros and Cons of the system you installed? Are they worth it? and anything else you may want to give

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Whole house water filtration system
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 11:34:09 PM »
Do you live within city limits or county?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Whole house water filtration system
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 12:03:17 AM »
City, last house before the county takes over. But they don't know about building codes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using Tapatalk

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 01:19:38 AM »
We have a whole house filter, and softener. The filter, outside of sediment from the well, never noticed a difference. The softener on the other hand, yea can notice the difference. There are several options and just as many prices for whole house filter setups. Maybe install an RO system at the sink for cooking/drinking? With a mild whole house as well? We just got our filter from Lowe’s. Does what we need it to.

Get a water test from amazon and see what you need to remove. Also just good knowledge to have about your water supply.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 01:20:29 AM by wyorunner »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 07:26:01 AM »
Good advice. Test first. A whole house carbon filter and sediment filter will remove sediment and chlorine and then the RO at the kitchen will give you perfect drinking water.

At the hide, I’m about to do just that.  The water service is so chlorinated that it smells.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 07:27:06 AM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal