Hello Guest

Author Topic: This morning-  (Read 845 times)

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
This morning-
« on: May 25, 2015, 06:10:54 PM »
Every Memorial Day morning I set my flags at sun up and take them down at sun down.

American exceptionalism is a term coined by individuals who feel we should be ashamed of ourselves. I refuse to be ashamed. America *is* exceptional even in our current challenging times. America is exceptional because brave men and women fight and die to make sure she stays that way. The current generation has experienced more years of war than any other generation. While the objective of war is not to die for your country but rather allow the opposition a means of dying for theirs, we shall not under any circumstance believe or cause to believe the loss of any American Soldier is in vain. The individuals who have fought and died for our country in recent wars did so voluntarily. It takes an unmitigated amount of courage and fortitude to take an oath to defend ones country in a time of war knowing the dangers you will face. In the school houses we hold our hearts and pledge our allegiance beginning at a young age. On the ball fields we stand and sing our national anthem. For some, this show of support is enough and from the bottom of our hearts we are appreciative. For others, this is merely the catalyst to donning camouflage and combat boots. We insert ourselves into hostile areas in order to free the oppressed, aide the sick and hungry, and arrest terrorism and evil. We do so, not for ourselves but instead for our sons and daughters. We all leave pieces of ourselves in places when we return home. Some however left their last breath in those places and had to be carried home.  This is their day, do something in remembrance of them.
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: This morning-
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 09:01:45 PM »
very well written brother, very well written!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: This morning-
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 09:25:37 PM »
Amen.  I live under the blanket of freedom paid for by others who heeded the call and I am grateful beyond measure.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal