Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1326917 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #1150 on: August 24, 2016, 10:23:19 PM »
Hope that is a 308 for the pigs (looks like it) the 556 will just piss them off.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 24, 2016, 10:24:54 PM »
I think you could have put the firewood all in the bus.
However comma, the trailer is a much nicer height to work with.

Looks like a party, bonfire and pig roast.
And what JR said.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 24, 2016, 10:38:22 PM »
I might JR, I might

Next up after work. Picked up a load of firewood in the trailer with the LB7. Don't like the butt sagging. It's down 1.5 below front and normally the back is 1 inch higher unloaded. Might have to get bags.

Started loading some gear as I'm heading to Freer Texas tomorrow for a long weekend and do some work on hunting lease and maybe get a few pot shots on some pigs. Gonna try a new weapon out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some specs on your new toy?  Night force optics and probably .308 is what I can make out......
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 24, 2016, 11:14:11 PM »
 Makes me want to throw my new Vortex in the trash (that just showed up today) :(
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 24, 2016, 11:32:37 PM »
Makes me want to throw my new Vortex in the trash (that just showed up today) :(

I think that's called buyers remorse, possibly the same feeling you'll have on Nov 9 if your gf gets the crown..... ???
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: August 25, 2016, 03:13:31 AM »

Don't do that.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 25, 2016, 07:42:05 AM »
Vortex makes some good stuff that's not new but it'll be the first
Time I'll shoot it in anger. Armalite lower Noveske upper nightforce F1 and a Harris bipod. Trigger is junk though

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 25, 2016, 02:44:18 PM »
Sold the Blazer for asking price  ;D

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 25, 2016, 04:30:09 PM »
Heyoooo!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 25, 2016, 05:59:49 PM »
Kool!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #1160 on: August 26, 2016, 04:23:52 PM »
Situation and what would you guys do.     

Neighbor two doors away, single mom, multiple males in and out all the time, 10 yr old son( she has a few other kids) spray painted a number of homes around his own house (not mine) the neighbor in the middle asked me for advise.  I told her call the police as it's vandalism and should be reported.  That all happens kid not arrested or anything.    But.... The mother of the boy is upset because the cops got involved.   

My thinking is... If the boy commits a crime he need reported, it's not the first offense of this time and I have called personally for other things regarding the family.

What do you think? To hard on the misguided young lad? Mom need to pay more attention to her kids?

Raising boys into RealMen!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:25:02 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 26, 2016, 04:44:18 PM »
No harm done calling the cops.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 26, 2016, 05:30:20 PM »
NOT too hard AND all neighbors should band together and demand restitution- financial OR kid removes every mark by hand and apologizes to every family member in each property defaced - face to face!

Lack of public condemnation and demand for restitution and restoration is what got this country where we're currently at!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 26, 2016, 05:44:27 PM »
Yep, jump on it fast. Since your house is not involved, be the mediator.

Go to her and ask the kid to make it right. Do yards and such as he may not really be able to restore things.

Remind her and him, since the cops were involved, it is now on paper with a trail.

Did he get a ticket? Rarely do minors go to juvy unless there is a threat to others.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 26, 2016, 07:01:23 PM »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 27, 2016, 02:16:15 AM »
Actually, I handled something like that many years ago. Told the parent good job.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 27, 2016, 02:50:26 PM »
What seems to be happening is he cleaned it off.  I went and looked this morning. It's looks good.

Camp this weekend was just as terrible with the scouts.   I am getting to the point where boys don't care.  It's party time away from the parents and parents don't believe in discipline in the home and as a scout leader I have no say other then they can go home and not participate

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 27, 2016, 05:01:44 PM »
Ran some errands with my parents then we hit up a burger place, afterwards I started ripping out flooring in their basement. Yay flooded basement.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 27, 2016, 05:09:20 PM »

South willow fork canyon

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 27, 2016, 09:33:04 PM »
I burned up in a hot dusty Kentucky field!

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: August 29, 2016, 09:24:19 AM »
Son was home for a wedding this weekend and brought his new 6 mm br rifle to shoot!

6mm bench rest round. 105 Grain 30 grains H4895

100 yrd target

Put the steel out at 505yds. couple shots to get the right dope then this!

After 20 rounds He's calling head shots!

08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 29, 2016, 10:00:13 AM »
nice
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 29, 2016, 10:18:28 AM »
Very nice indeed

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 29, 2016, 09:16:49 PM »
Had a very productive day for a Monday. Put a new voltage regulator in the wife's 4 wheeler, got the corn head and combine checked out and all ready to go. Put a new antenna in the Peterbuilt. Got tired of losing my channel every time I go over a hill. AND got a spot leveled out for the new chicken coop. Harrowed and grass planted. I was about to set up a sprinkler when my brother stopped over and said it gonna rain. So I didn't. An hour later it's raining.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 29, 2016, 11:07:40 PM »
Rain, what a nice blessing

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 29, 2016, 11:37:09 PM »
sorry guys, catching up after a long long 4 days of working sun up to sun down in the  blazing texas heat on a friends hunting lease.

See if I can catch up.

JR, congrats on selling the blazer
Dave, right call.
Nate, good humor.
Bobby, sorry about the basement
Don, hope you didnt mean literally, but with a tractor.
Kamp - 105 grains???  MOAR POWER!  wow. whats the muzzel velocity on that thing? oops my bad, That was the projectile.  Still QuickLoad says over 2900fps with that load and a 24 inch barrel.  Very nice.  What's the BC of the projectile?  How much dope to get to 500?
Jon, busy day.  Brother could be a weather man...

So, while at the hunting lease: drove a buddies F350 KingRanch to town with a tandem dual axle gooseneck and picked up 12,500 lbs of corn/milo.  I have to say, I'm impressed with the Furd.  Stopped and got a tire for his utility trailer that blew a tread right in front of me in the convoy on the way down...

loaded pallets individually in the back of the LB7 and followed him out to each of the 12 feeders. 600 lb capacity feeders, or 12 bags up the ladder for each feeder.  The lease is 40 miles from the border of Mexico and is 9 square miles of bad trails and eroded rock roads and no roads.  New tires held up well.  I can say the Nitto Terra Grapplers did better in the mud than I expected.  Truck was filthy and covered in mud by the time I left.  I guess its no longer a mall crawler.

We put pallet forks on the 95hp M series Kubota and loaded left overs into the shipping container after I repaired the bearing on the pallet jack. 

We moved 3 feeders and stands and then had to use a manual post hole digger to anchor the safety cable in concrete.  (side note: you have a 95hp tractor and 18ft wide bat wing mower and you don't have a post hole auger????)

Trimmed limbs off mequite and weesatch (think armored bush with 2 inch thorns) along several miles of trails so people in the upper deck of the hunting rigs don't get whacked (or people in city trucks don't get scratches on their paint)

Mowed the shooting lanes and sides of some trails with this rediculous mower (did I mentioned its 18 ft wide and mows over small forrests in a single path??)

Fixed wires on the hunting rigs that the mice chewed up. Painted the fence around the bunk house (red of course), Painted the conex container green instead of the ugly orange.  Installed a dishwasher in the main house and relocated one of the fridges.  Hauled in a 900 lb gun safe.  Unloaded and stacked 2 cords of split wood.

Found time to target practice on some monster sized jack rabbits (like 25 lb rabbits)  AR-10 makes a pink mist of them.  Corned a road and waited for pigs but they never showed.  Saw them the day before but our shooting lane got run over by the other hunting truck and they ran off.

Drank copious amounts of budwieser, gatorade, water, and whiskey.  Arms are burnt but head is ok.  They made fun of my big farmer hat but with a high and tight cut I had to have something to protect the face and head.

We ate well.  My buddy is quite the host.  Massive home made fried shrimp. Home made lasagna and camp fire NY strips.  Blueberry pancakes and sausage and fried eggs and bacon.

Pics to follow.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 29, 2016, 11:40:55 PM »

sunset heading back to camp

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:43:41 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 29, 2016, 11:41:26 PM »

watched this cloud roll in from 30 miles away.  Lighting show inside the cloud for nearly an hour.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:43:03 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 30, 2016, 06:50:34 AM »
Too bad you couldent but corn in bulk boxes and use a seed tender to fill the feeders. That would save a lot of work.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 30, 2016, 08:29:18 AM »
Got the house appraised yesterday afternoon.  In a week or so I should find out what all the time and work I've put in the last year is worth.  Praying it comes back where the wife and I think it should.

Time to relax a little this week and enjoy some time with my daughter.  My wife gave birth to our little girl last week.  Both her and my wife were doing great so I took them home from the hospital a day early last week.  Both my wife and I actually felt that it was going to be a boy (we didn't find out) but God decided to bless us with a little girl instead.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 30, 2016, 08:30:52 AM »
Red Neck, That's a lot of work Kon-Grad-you-lat-untions!

I'm inspired...Off to the farm!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 30, 2016, 08:32:35 AM »
Got the house appraised yesterday afternoon.  In a week or so I should find out what all the time and work I've put in the last year is worth.  Praying it comes back where the wife and I think it should.

Time to relax a little this week and enjoy some time with my daughter.  My wife gave birth to our little girl last week.  Both her and my wife were doing great so I took them home from the hospital a day early last week.  Both my wife and I actually felt that it was going to be a boy (we didn't find out) but God decided to bless us with a little girl instead.
Congradulations my friend!

A baby girl...so special!

And I can say from experience (times 3) that you won't show any favoritism to them over boys...Naw, not at all!

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 30, 2016, 08:50:54 AM »
Thanks.  This is the first for my wife and I and also the first grand child for both my parents and my in-laws.  So needless to say she will be a very spoiled little girl.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 30, 2016, 09:16:19 AM »
Thanks.  This is the first for my wife and I and also the first grand child for both my parents and my in-laws.  So needless to say she will be a very spoiled little girl.

Congrats to you and the Missus.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 30, 2016, 02:28:09 PM »
Congrads on the little one. Girl or boy they are a blessing.

TRN, you have been busy.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: August 30, 2016, 03:39:51 PM »
Dang, I was wondering how much wood Chuck could chuck, and turns out it's a fair amount! Beautiful countryside there, and yeah, monster mower but no auger... Congrats Bear, welcome to the club!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 30, 2016, 03:57:04 PM »

If it is worth more don't that raise your taxes? I know a couple people that kinda keep the place looking shabby on the outside but it's really nice inside. Once a year the county assessors come around and take pictures of everyone place. I'm a personal friend of one of the ladys that work in the office. Seems like taxes go up no matter what.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 30, 2016, 04:42:49 PM »
Thats why we did prop 13 here in cali. Can only go up 1.5% a year unless sold or you add on, then just the add one is added on.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 30, 2016, 05:36:07 PM »

If it is worth more don't that raise your taxes? I know a couple people that kinda keep the place looking shabby on the outside but it's really nice inside. Once a year the county assessors come around and take pictures of everyone place. I'm a personal friend of one of the ladys that work in the office. Seems like taxes go up no matter what.

but when you do a refinance or whatever thru the bank, they come and take pictures of everything inside and out.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 30, 2016, 06:03:37 PM »
Never had interior pictures taken by my bank or mortgage lender. They were always exterior......

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 30, 2016, 07:32:01 PM »
it may be different from place to place.  I know when my landlord refinanced the house that I was renting, somebody from their bank came and took all kinds of pics inside and out.........??

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 30, 2016, 07:38:26 PM »
My guess is commercial versus residential, similar to our steels shops.....

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 30, 2016, 07:50:20 PM »
Bear congrats. Children are a gift from the Lord

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 30, 2016, 07:58:39 PM »
Went to work. Nothing exciting except I have a bite on my Toyo tires for $900 that I'm selling.  Also these little snake asprin were in the mail.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:25:13 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 30, 2016, 08:13:47 PM »
Congrats Bear!  Enjoy her, and every child you're blessed with each and every day - it FLYS by!

My oldest gets Married next month......I said I'd pay for the Bar bill....oops!  My youngest (11) is the flower girl so at least I know SHE won't be adding to the tab!

TRN - WOW that's a bunch of work!  I wish I could find those snake loads in .45 ACP!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 30, 2016, 08:19:44 PM »
Mike, I never thought they would feed in a semi auto. Guy down at the ranch killed a road runner with one from a S&W M&P .40 but he said that they don't feed reliably.  That's why I have 3 wheel guns.

They do make them in .45acp mfg number CCI 3745

You'll have to scour the interwebs a bit to find them in stock
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:23:15 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 30, 2016, 09:53:30 PM »
So, he used snake shot to kill something that eats snakes.  :o

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 30, 2016, 11:58:33 PM »

Since then turd little scouts pissed me off this past weekend I decided to walk them straight up a mountain to see virtually nothing.    I enjoyed the view and they ate my dust all the way up and down the hill

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 31, 2016, 12:03:06 AM »
So, he used snake shot to kill something that eats snakes.  :o

Ahhh, but more importantly they eat quail eggs and we can't have that.

The blue indigo snakes eat rattlesnakes. We let them live.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 31, 2016, 07:31:48 AM »
My tuesday was not near as good as my monday. Getting the camper ready to go for the weekend. I have a 93 Jayco. The former owners took out the RV fridge and put in a dorm fridge. This past summer it got really hot. It was still vented to the outside. Not good when its 100 degrees out. I pulled the fridge out and the sides were so hot I hardly hang on to it. This is my solution. I sealed the vents to the outside and I cut vents in the wall. So through natural convection it will pull in cool air from inside.
I did all this work then plugged it in. The fridge just buzzed. Its shot. No problem. I have a spare dorm fridge in the basement for beer. I haul it out to the camper. Its 1 1/2 inches too tall.
So now im really irritated. Lets just go to Lowes or Menards or wally world and get a new one......All the new ones are 1 1/2 inch taller. Well if I have to make the hole bigger Im going to make it way bigger. I got one tall skinny one 4 1/2 ft tall. I have to have the camper in our spot by tonight. Its going to be a busy day. To top it off i found a leak in the roof.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal