Hello Guest

Author Topic: Show off your Truck!!  (Read 55354 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Show off your Truck!!
« Reply #200 on: April 09, 2016, 11:07:19 PM »
;D

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 10, 2016, 06:54:07 PM »
Not when you are hearing it from above, it is the last thing you hear.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2016, 04:01:31 PM »
Back on the truck topic...

I watched this one get restored/converted from the frame up... 1965 International Scout.  Originally had the 160ci 4 cylinder with a single barrel carb.  Ended up with a crate 350, turbo 400 trans, Currie-built Dana 60 axles, full interior cage, aluminum dash with liquid filled gauges, and he even kept the original vacuum powered windshield wipers.  Sitting on 36 inch BFG Mud Terrains, this picture is before he flipped the axles below the leaf springs, effectively raising it up a few more inches.  This truck is a daily driver now in Durango, Colorado.  She makes about 400 horsepower.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2016, 04:23:20 PM »
OOH I like that Scout!
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2016, 04:28:25 PM »
It had two lateral members added to the frame during it's reconstruction.  In it's original form, when you would flex the chassis, the doors would fly open!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2016, 04:51:47 PM »
I hope the Scout is still at the pick'n'pull when I go there this weekend or next. I think I'm gonna snag it and hang it on the wall.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2016, 04:54:52 PM »
Ooohh... forgot to mention the headers and glass packs...

glog glog glog glog GLOG GLOG GRWARRGRRRRRRRRRR GLog glog glog

Or something to that effect.

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2016, 04:56:42 PM »
I always liked those scouts. I grew up in my uncles....good ol slant 4 cylinder...reminded me of a chrysler 6cyl.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2016, 07:28:24 PM »
update on the 1st gen. let the criticisms fly.. hahah

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2016, 08:16:39 PM »
When I retired there was this row of garages next to the courthouse. One day they opened them and there were about 8 scouts in there. Found out it was some entrepreneur from Europe who bought up stuff and sent over there.

Except for no center console, looks good for a 30 years old!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 08:17:22 PM by JR »

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 11, 2016, 08:29:56 PM »
center console is in the works. just wanted to/had to get it back in running order before then. it'll have a deep box/arm rest area, a middle section for 2 cups/cans/beverage of choice and a lower that runs from the front of the seat to under the dash about 9" wide.. careful to avoid the tcase shifter

at idle, with the mat and carpet/seats, it dropped my dB from 45 (bare metal cab) to high 20s with no AC on. around 33/34 with AC (I'm guessing bc the meter is reading C weighted which picks up lies and highs) and cruising down the road at 55/60 it's at 45 dB.. it made a huge difference as far as I'm
concerned.

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 11, 2016, 08:41:20 PM »
center console is in the works. just wanted to/had to get it back in running order before then. it'll have a deep box/arm rest area, a middle section for 2 cups/cans/beverage of choice and a lower that runs from the front of the seat to under the dash about 9" wide.. careful to avoid the tcase shifter

at idle, with the mat and carpet/seats, it dropped my dB from 45 (bare metal cab) to high 20s with no AC on. around 33/34 with AC (I'm guessing bc the meter is reading C weighted which picks up lies and highs) and cruising down the road at 55/60 it's at 45 dB.. it made a huge difference as far as I'm
concerned.

Interior looks good, must have really steep hills from the angle of those photos though...LOL! ;D
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 11, 2016, 09:11:54 PM »

concerned.

Interior looks good, must have really steep hills from the angle of those photos though...LOL! ;D

I'm a flatlander from eastern NC

that wasn't simply to get the full effect  :-\ hahah

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2016, 09:10:16 PM »
picked up this with the accel cable.. thought it spiffed up the engine bay of the ol' first gen.

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2016, 09:15:26 PM »
small, non visual update:

got the power for the seats hooked up. need to get a console built so I can house the switches for heated seats. they're either going in that contraption somewhere, or possible the door panels close to the manual window handles. don't really want to run the cables from there, or cut up a perfectly good door panel. most likely will end up in the console

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2016, 09:26:00 PM »
ohh.. and not a 'yay.. look at my truck' pic but more of a..

'well %#^*.. look at my truck.' hahah

got this from my dad around 4p, after having to change 2 drive tires this morning already..

yep.. it was as bad as it looked. fortunately he was alright and the truck was undamaged.. apart from the rim.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2016, 09:30:10 PM »
Those Alcola's aren't cheap either!! Glad thats the only damage.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2016, 09:32:21 PM »
yea.. I have no idea how much it was, but I know it was $250 MORE than the steel rim he bought. he's going to swap it with an onboard trailer rim once he gets back home.

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2016, 09:36:40 PM »
wasn't sure where to put this.. since none are 'trucks'. hahah. but this is the 'stable' where I tend to find myself hanging out quite regularly.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2016, 09:40:33 PM »
^^^ Scouts Out!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2016, 09:53:20 PM »
^^^ Scouts Out!

from left to right:

original 1980 scout II. 45k miles. 345 CI TF727 and Dana 300. Dana 44s front and rear. replacement springs and bushings. that's it.

middle: 1971 scout II. first scout II to be delivered to NC. rebuilt 345, 727 and 300. frame off in '02 and '05 (funny story actually.. hahah) original color and engine/tcase to the truck. auto tranny was added later.

right: 1978 scout II. complete frame off. LS 5.3 vortec with 4L60e trans mated to a D300 tcase. leather heated recaro seats. blue tooth radio. dyna mat everything. fuel rims and toyo open country ATs. custom front winch bumper and rear spare tire carrier/swing. it's as nice as any new truck you can go to the dealer lot and buy..

and in front of it (out of the pic) is another scout II with the exact same setup that's getting ready to go into paint next week. (same driveline, interior, rim style, tires etc)

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2016, 09:56:43 PM »
Nice!!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2016, 10:15:08 PM »
^^^ Scouts Out!

from left to right:

original 1980 scout II. 45k miles. 345 CI TF727 and Dana 300. Dana 44s front and rear. replacement springs and bushings. that's it.

middle: 1971 scout II. first scout II to be delivered to NC. rebuilt 345, 727 and 300. frame off in '02 and '05 (funny story actually.. hahah) original color and engine/tcase to the truck. auto tranny was added later.

right: 1978 scout II. complete frame off. LS 5.3 vortec with 4L60e trans mated to a D300 tcase. leather heated recaro seats. blue tooth radio. dyna mat everything. fuel rims and toyo open country ATs. custom front winch bumper and rear spare tire carrier/swing. it's as nice as any new truck you can go to the dealer lot and buy..

and in front of it (out of the pic) is another scout II with the exact same setup that's getting ready to go into paint next week. (same driveline, interior, rim style, tires etc)
And much more desirable!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2016, 12:17:26 AM »
What is going on with the Scout on the jack?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2016, 01:45:26 AM »
Love that IH hardware! My parents had a 73 Travellall....you could fit the kitchen sink and all the neighbors kitchen sinks in it too. Had an Uncle that was an avowed Scout guy....great machines

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »
What is going on with the Scout on the jack?

thought it had a bad caliper bc it was pulling left. got it apart and saw the rotor was warped. they were turned before it went on, but evidently something was wrong. taking it in total to see about turning it again, or putting a new one on.

unpictured is a 72 diesel 4speed  travelall.. hopefully that goes under the knife soon-ish. 4x4 conversion, 6.0 LS, 4L60E auto and Dana 300.

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2016, 06:32:17 PM »
added some head ache rack bling today..

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:59:23 AM by swbhobie16 »

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2016, 07:03:18 PM »
Okie bling=flatbed and a pintle,, gotta love it.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2016, 10:46:25 AM »
Back on the truck topic...

I watched this one get restored/converted from the frame up... 1965 International Scout.  Originally had the 160ci 4 cylinder with a single barrel carb.  Ended up with a crate 350, turbo 400 trans, Currie-built Dana 60 axles, full interior cage, aluminum dash with liquid filled gauges, and he even kept the original vacuum powered windshield wipers.  Sitting on 36 inch BFG Mud Terrains, this picture is before he flipped the axles below the leaf springs, effectively raising it up a few more inches.  This truck is a daily driver now in Durango, Colorado.  She makes about 400 horsepower.

I've got a '64 Scout 80 project sitting in my driveway. It's my wife's trail rig. Doesn't look this nice, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2016, 11:32:45 AM »
Ramping down for the holiday weekend, my north yard has trucks parked two deep along the curb in the overflow area.

Taking advantage of the work slowdown to get some maintenance done.

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2016, 05:52:51 PM »
For the Duramax lovers among us...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k62gW3Se5e0

Offline DDS

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2016, 07:07:13 AM »

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2016, 07:04:45 PM »
That's funny right there!

~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2016, 07:29:56 PM »

put the ol girl to work today. made a trip maybe an hr down the road to pick up 2 Lincoln 50 gun safes, a ruger AR and a Daniels defense AR. (they're light, and in the truck). dodge did great. pulled hard even with the sail on the bed. only issue is, under higher boost and over fueling, it's pushing fuel out of a leaking exhaust manifold gasket. (been leaking awhile, but just noticed it did it when in WOT) I've been wanting to get it fixed since the day I got the truck, but didn't see that it was causing anything major so I didn't do it. now, I can see that it's leaking fuel (99% certain).

can anyone confirm what my leak suspicions are..? I cleaned it all down after dropping the safes and drove back home gingerly and it didn't seem to leak a drop from the same exhaust port that seemed to be soaked earlier. fingers are pointing towards that being the culprit. I sure hope so, would be an easy fix

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2016, 12:56:22 AM »

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2016, 02:43:12 AM »
Nice pic, sexier truck!
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2016, 10:19:05 AM »
Well, I traded in the Tacoma for a little more towing capacity, and a little more back seat room. With my little girl in her car seat, and at least one adult in the back seat on long trips, it sure is a better size!

2016 Sierra SLE w/Kodiak pkg and a few extra options on top of that :) And the crazy part is, gas mileage isn't much different than the Tacoma, especially when towing!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2016, 10:40:52 AM »
That's just flat out a good looking truck. Congrats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2016, 04:22:55 PM »
Very nice. Notice the new tacomas look like the gm?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2016, 08:33:31 PM »
Well, I traded in the Tacoma for a little more towing capacity, and a little more back seat room. With my little girl in her car seat, and at least one adult in the back seat on long trips, it sure is a better size!

2016 Sierra SLE w/Kodiak pkg and a few extra options on top of that :) And the crazy part is, gas mileage isn't much different than the Tacoma, especially when towing!

I like that!

It's white which is a good serviceable color, I had a white truck once...

It looks sophisicated

It has a pretty decent new LS motor

The interior is very "Percise" looking, almost German

It should serve you well.

So Request: Do a write up from time to time and report on how it's doing, what if any damage the Hyundy's cause when you shove them out of your way, or when a Prius battery explodes nearby sending fragmentation your way...You know, Important stuff like that

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Show off your Truck!!
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2016, 08:57:49 AM »

The thing that gets me about the Toyota size truck vs the full size 1500 is the price difference.  You gain about double the capacity in every way yet the cost difference of the two trucks is only a small amount.   They are really proud of the little toy pickups

Raising boys into RealMen!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:58:30 AM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 09, 2016, 03:49:51 PM »
Today was the day to upgrade the brakes and paint color. The old was a 2011 2500

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 09, 2016, 03:52:48 PM »
The new is a 2016 3500

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 09, 2016, 04:30:41 PM »
Nice upgrade!
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 09, 2016, 04:33:01 PM »
Nice! Congrats Bob

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 09, 2016, 05:02:55 PM »
I like your style....

Youre missing two back wheels.....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 09, 2016, 05:22:05 PM »
Oh and here's my latest photo of my raggedy truck
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 05:23:07 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 09, 2016, 05:44:08 PM »
Thanks guys, there are so many buttons and gadgets to learn.

Tex, I don't need those pesky extra tires. The heaviest thing put into the bed once I get the new cap on will be an ice chest or maybe a deer or even an elk someday. I tow pull trailers not 5th wheels and have a dump trailer for hauling stuff.

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 09, 2016, 05:54:06 PM »
Nice truck Bob, very nice.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 09, 2016, 06:16:50 PM »
Thanks guys, there are so many buttons and gadgets to learn.

Tex, I don't need those pesky extra tires. The heaviest thing put into the bed once I get the new cap on will be an ice chest or maybe a deer or even an elk someday. I tow pull trailers not 5th wheels and have a dump trailer for hauling stuff.
Just poking at you bob.

Just today I could not get through the ATM drive through because tires on both sides were hitting. Had to park and walk up

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal