WEAPONS > Firearms

Glocks

(1/10) > >>

Flyin6:
I like the Glock pistol
It's a combat proven winner. I can say that first hand as I have carried the glock in combat as my backup to my trusty M4 carbine and sometimes AK-47

I like several models and believe use each one in a particular niche that it fits well

One thing that I really like about it is the lack of safeties. I don't know how many times I handed my Beretta 92F to a person at a range with the de-cocking lever facing down and watched them pull the trigger over and over, then report that "The gun doesn't work" Now that is after instruction and practice. I just imagine what will happen when that element of stark raving fear is introduced???

Here's my lineup:
G21
G30
G23
G19

Flyin6:
The baby of the group is the Glock 19, a compact 9 X 19, or 9mm. It is the one I carried for two tours in Iraq as a pilot. I fit it well into my vest when I flew the "Little bird" and on my leg when I flew the Bell 412 and actually had some room up front.

Firing the 9mm, I use hydra-shock ammunition. I can place shots well, even when I am scared, like when my wife has just caught me spending money on my truck, or situations even worse than that!

So the 9mm can get it done, but you need to connect the dots twice and with fairly well placed shots.

Flyin6:
Next is quickly becoming my favorite, the Glock 23 which fires the very powerful .40 which as we all know is a law enforcement favorite

Packing a powerful punch it is still small, and about the same size as the 9mm G19

I felt I needed a .40 just in case police ammunition is all I ever have access to in a post collapse situation. But this pistol is now my CC weapon of choice...and it's a gen 4 with the adjustable back strap

Flyin6:
My first CC weapon, believe it or not is this huge Glock 30 in my favorite cartridge, the .45 auto. Want something to stay shot? Use a .357 magnum or a .45. It makes holes just too big to keep air and blood inside. One hit should get the job done of protecting you or your family.

It is bulky, and I use a full size Glock 21 magazine it to get some additional rounds

This weapon has digested maybe 2500 rounds and I have NEVER cleaned it!

Flyin6:
Here's what I use for home defense, a full sized Glock 21 in .45 auto. I like a big full sized gun when I'm not dragging around 40 pounds of uniform, boots, vest, helmet, chewing gum, radios, sewing kits, fishin' lures...well you get the picture.

It is dead reliable and after I get done with the shooting, makes a formidable club!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version