Hello Guest

Author Topic: Don's 2024 Palmino 3210 Camper  (Read 40419 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Don's 2024 Palmino 3210 Camper
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2024, 02:30:20 AM »
Did you paint it orange for that kinda damage? Gues I missed it, how did you damage it?

Good plan on the batteries, mine are great so far at the ridge.

Does it have a hot water heater on demand unit?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2024, 09:10:29 AM »
Did you paint it orange for that kinda damage? Gues I missed it, how did you damage it?

Good plan on the batteries, mine are great so far at the ridge.

Does it have a hot water heater on demand unit?
Damage: just read back a few posts...wrecked it!

Yes, on demand water heater. I wish it did not have one, but it is what it is. This is the latest thing, but the old 6 gal hot water tanks worked much better I'm told.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Today at 05:50:26 PM »
MUR: (Mundane Update Report) I have been getting a lot of little things done with the camper. Mostly I am seeing what it needs, where things fit, and ordering parts.

I ordered a Furoin 7" backup camera system. My Palamino is prewired for it so that installation will be easy and straightforward...Say goodbye to $540!!!

Next, I researched the Lippert ladder system. It's nothing big, just an expanding ladder with a couple of hooks to fit the ladder receptacle that is attached to my camper. Actually, I see no place to store that ladder, so dunno on that one. Maybe it will fit in the bed alongside the camper's body???

I ordered a soft start capacitor that should allow me to start the AC on 20 amps of power in lieu of the 30 it usually takes.

I noticed the camper rocks all over the place while sitting on the extended legs. so I am looking at a strut system to shore that up. we plan to dismount the camper in Wyoming for 4-5 days while we camp alongside a lake.

The slide and awnings work like a champ, so that's 100%, actually even better. Turns out the mechanics rebuilt the bottom of the slide-out with quality 3/4" plywood, whereas the factory built it with OSB. Holman motors overlaid that with aluminum sheeting to add strength and a moisture barrier. So, I guess its better than new!

I have been storing things, to determine where they need to fit and am knee-deep in figuring out how I will mount a generator to the back bumper. I am thinking I can get away with the solar and lithium support I already have if I add a small 2KW gas generator. So I want to add a cabinet to house the generator and get a little more storage space. Something like an upright wall locker will do, I am thinking.

So that's where it is today...Work continues as we close down to 7-ish weeks prior to departure on the big trip this year.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Today at 06:22:48 PM »
One possibility for the gen set is a front mount for the truck. Maybe a receiver and hitch hauler kind of set up.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Today at 06:27:11 PM »
I have to be fugal watching you spend!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal