VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Powerplant, Driveline, and Braking

Torque Converter discussion

(1/8) > >>

Flyin6:
OK, let's talk torque converters

The subject vehicle will be C-Max, a 2011 LML Silverado in great condition with right at 90,000 miles

The truck has 37" tires, 4.56 gears, a stock trans with a deep aluminum pan, and is working with a soon to be 600HP engine.

The line pressures and shift programs have all been modified with EFI Live tuning and frankly the thing shifts very well.

I use the truck as my daily driver (Except for the horrible turning radius), Who would want to drive anything else...except maybe a Land Rover/Range rover...oops, sorry me British side crept out there!

I tow mostly light loads around 4000 lbs but on occasion get up around 8000 lbs, but seldom anything higher. I tow about 25% of the time (Really) and the truck gets into 4-Wheeling situations almost weekly.

So with all these factors in mind, what or whose torque converter would be best for this application

Note: Based on the advice from several sources in the diesel performance world, I will be keeping the stock transmission in it's EFI "Adjusted" state in the truck without replacing it with some stronger variant.

stlaser:
What’s that pig weigh currently or in the future?

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: stlaser on March 30, 2018, 10:33:22 AM ---What’s that pig weigh currently or in the future?

--- End quote ---
8700 is a pretty good number with my lard butt and full tank of fuel

stlaser:
https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p-10058-afe-power-f3-torque-converter-1200-stall-01-15-gm-66l-duramax-a1000.aspx

Lifetime warranty and good to 1000hp, should hold you over for awhile

KensAuto:
That truck is a good 10k.  They're 7800 stock iirc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version